Tues Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Tues Thread
O+ FL
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
Thanks again for the info. When I bought my YT Jeffsy I went from a reach 432 on a Trek Remedy to reach 485 on the Jeffsy, 53 mm! Knowing I made that jump without issues I should not be worried about 20mm between the Jeffsy and Tues or 10mm between the Tues XXL 27.5 and Extra Long Tues 29.

What kind of DH terrain do you ride and what DH bike do you have now? Of course you can jump a massive 29er DH bike on proper jumps but depending what you ride now you are going to lose some of the playful jibbing/bump jumping/slashing feel of a smaller 27.5 DH bike... so it depends if you are riding bike parks (and how big their jump lines are), steep/fast/rough DH tracks etc.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 18:04 Quote
Does anyone know to make the 29 Tues a mullet? I really want to mullet mine cause the rear buzzes my butt every now and again. Plus when I see pro DHers racing the mullets they just look more natural to me than the guys on full 29, I dunno hard to explain.

Anyways, there is no flip chip on the bike. I read that offset bushings should not be installed reverse and I imagine the would go double for a DH getting hammered lap after lap.

The only solution that I can see to the issue is having the X2 rear shock lengthened by Fox but I dont even know if this is possible.

Anyone have any bright ideas on this one?

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
So its time to upgrade the wheels on the Tues, currently I have the e thirteen LG1 wheelset 27.5 and they are dented out of round and out of true. So I need to upgrade. Any recommendations?
I am around 200 lbs and ride at Winter Park CO.
Not looking to break the bank but want something that will last, also running cush core pro.
Thanks

FL
Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 6:48 Quote
Hmm interesting .

I have the same wheels, but 29 inch and running with cushcore and still seem to take a beating. Also 22 psi and 180 lbs rider and don't take to much care on them.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
robacks wrote:
So its time to upgrade the wheels on the Tues, currently I have the e thirteen LG1 wheelset 27.5 and they are dented out of round and out of true. So I need to upgrade. Any recommendations?
I am around 200 lbs and ride at Winter Park CO.
Not looking to break the bank but want something that will last, also running cush core pro.
Thanks

Spank 359, $100 for rim only, hard to beat.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 4:51 Quote
Only a few models of Tues listed at the moment. Hopefully more to come, even a mullet perhaps for 2022 (as a proto was spotted at dh world cup) Smile

FL
Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 9:12 Quote
Mullet on the current 29 inch or 27.5 frame would be hard to do as without a flipchip it won't fit. So that would have to be a new frame. Interesting if it will come but I doubt it will happen soon

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 11:15 Quote
A new link for the 29 could do it

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/spotted-yt-tues-prototype-mullet-link-crankworx-innsbruck-2021.html

FL
Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
Saw that, but from the looks, it could be a race testing only. But who knows, maybe they could release something in the feature. Just wondering, how tall are you, or why so keen on the mullet ?

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
I keen on mullet for 2 reasons. The first is when I have been watching DH racing videos on youtube I notice the riders on the mullet look more composed to me and the riders on 29 I dunno just look awkward. That big wheel in the back doesnt look right to me seems ungainly. The second reason is that I am mostly into flow jump trails and I think this would be better with a mullet setup. A full 27 might even be better but I am sorta wedded to 29 up front at this point, I feel safer with the big wheel in the front. My hope is that when YT does offer a mullet Tues and I dont doubt that they will, they do so by changing the rear links on the 29er so that I can convert my 29 to mullet without having to buy a new DH bike.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 23:06 Quote
same reasons. I got 5010 and a megatower I've ran 2929 and 297 from time to time. Pref the feeling of 27 rear wheel for jumping and turning, and for hi speed I want the safety of 29 front wheel.

selling the mega to get a dh bike next season and mapping out my options Smile

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 23:27 Quote
mastakilla wrote:
My hope is that when YT does offer a mullet Tues and I dont doubt that they will, they do so by changing the rear links on the 29er so that I can convert my 29 to mullet without having to buy a new DH bike.

mm yes the current 29er is on metric shock size while the current 27er is on imperial. No doubt they'll move forward with the former. Would be super interesting if they went with trek route and offererd just one frame with flip chip and headset spacer to go all setups. Propain's take with full 29 and mullet with flip is great too.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 11:20 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
mastakilla wrote:
My hope is that when YT does offer a mullet Tues and I dont doubt that they will, they do so by changing the rear links on the 29er so that I can convert my 29 to mullet without having to buy a new DH bike.

mm yes the current 29er is on metric shock size while the current 27er is on imperial. No doubt they'll move forward with the former. Would be super interesting if they went with trek route and offererd just one frame with flip chip and headset spacer to go all setups. Propain's take with full 29 and mullet with flip is great too.

A flip chip is most likely but I hope it is a tweak of the current 29 that can be retrofitted. Prolly wont happen though, my luck. No third party is gonna come out with a solution since there simply arent very many 29 tues out there to make it profitable endeavor.

I wonder about lengthening the shock length of the X2 and keeping the stroke the same. This is the only way to make it work currently that I can see.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 2:23 Quote
Anyone has some insider info if they will continue with the 27.5" version in 2022 as well ? Or will they go down the path of propain and other with 29 mullet only or 29 ?

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 2:52 Quote
yellowcowsarecomming wrote:
Anyone has some insider info if they will continue with the 27.5" version in 2022 as well ? Or will they go down the path of propain and other with 29 mullet only or 29 ?

this was posted in june this year. I seems to state they'll be sticking with their current line up for the next year too

https://singletrackworld.com/2021/06/yt-release-updated-jeffsy-primus-tues-and-dirt-love/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034710
Mobile Version of Website