Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 2:01 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
ytjodave wrote:
gramboh wrote:

I'd hope ethirteen will have a microspline driver out this year as a spare part for their hubs but who knows how long it will take. Just got a Pro Race with XTR 9000/e13 cassette (and it's the older design with the 3 aluminum cogs not the newest cassette with just one). Will go XT 10-51 Microspline when the time comes for sure, the TRS cassette is too finnicky for my tastes so far, still dialing it in a bit.

Backpedal dropping is noticeably worse than my old XT 8000 11pd + SunRace 11-46 + XT chain setup which would only drop in the 46t. XTR 9000 + TRS+ = drop in top 3 gears immediately.

Yeah I’m ready to get rid of my e*thirteen sooner than later. Agree with you.

I asked them if/when they’d be offering a microspline driver with this as a reply;

Sean (e13 Support)
Jul 15, 12:23 PDT

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately we won't be offering a Microspline driver in the near future, hopefully someday!

Cheers,
--
Sean Duckworth
The Hive
1445 Technology Lane Suite A9
Petaluma, CA 94954

And I just bent the piss outa my top two cogs, which are an absolute must for my climbing, and looked at ordering the new XT 8100 but will need to replace my rear hub to accommodate it. Which for a decent hub is at least $300.
Fml
So as of now I ordered the replacement e*thirteen cogs, not ideal but I’m not a big Sram fan so... also looked at TRW cassettes but they don’t have an XD compatible 11 spd cassette.

Shimano is being a little b about the microspline driver standard. Rather irritating.

I would blame ethirteen before Shimano. Ethirteen is specing microspline on OEM builds, just are not selling them aftermarket to keep you on their cassettes.

Are you sure? Shimano are only licensing the microspline to manufacturers who have large amounts of wheels on OEM builds, like DT swiss, Newmen etc. If shimano have licensed microspline to E13 they'll be able to make and sell it wherever they want, if they haven't licensed it then E13 can't make one. The only bikes an E13 microspline hub could be on, if you're right, is a new model 2020 bike and I've seen none with E13 wheels.

I'd love for E13 to offer a microspline hub as when I buy my Jeffsy in the near future I'll be swapping the E13 cassette and XTR mech, at the moment the only option is eagle. I doubt they'll have one available for a good few months yet though, and it's down to Shimano limiting the licensing.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
Hi all, n00b here --- I ordered a new Jeffsy 29 AL Base back in May, it said at the time "Available from 7/17/19" -- tomorrow!

Does this mean that my bike will arrive at their warehouse on 7/17? Will it ship to me on 7/17? When should I expect it to arrive in Seattle??

Im antsy AF to get this bike and want to go riding!

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
ytjodave wrote:

Yeah I’m ready to get rid of my e*thirteen sooner than later. Agree with you.

I asked them if/when they’d be offering a microspline driver with this as a reply;

Sean (e13 Support)
Jul 15, 12:23 PDT

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately we won't be offering a Microspline driver in the near future, hopefully someday!

Cheers,
--
Sean Duckworth
The Hive
1445 Technology Lane Suite A9
Petaluma, CA 94954

And I just bent the piss outa my top two cogs, which are an absolute must for my climbing, and looked at ordering the new XT 8100 but will need to replace my rear hub to accommodate it. Which for a decent hub is at least $300.
Fml
So as of now I ordered the replacement e*thirteen cogs, not ideal but I’m not a big Sram fan so... also looked at TRW cassettes but they don’t have an XD compatible 11 spd cassette.

Shimano is being a little b about the microspline driver standard. Rather irritating.

I would blame ethirteen before Shimano. Ethirteen is specing microspline on OEM builds, just are not selling them aftermarket to keep you on their cassettes.

Are you sure? Shimano are only licensing the microspline to manufacturers who have large amounts of wheels on OEM builds, like DT swiss, Newmen etc. If shimano have licensed microspline to E13 they'll be able to make and sell it wherever they want, if they haven't licensed it then E13 can't make one. The only bikes an E13 microspline hub could be on, if you're right, is a new model 2020 bike and I've seen none with E13 wheels.

I'd love for E13 to offer a microspline hub as when I buy my Jeffsy in the near future I'll be swapping the E13 cassette and XTR mech, at the moment the only option is eagle. I doubt they'll have one available for a good few months yet though, and it's down to Shimano limiting the licensing.

I think DT and industry 9 were the first two companies to offer microspline as an aftermarket item, I wouldn’t say I9 are burning down the house with OEM wheel builds.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
jimdog-awooo wrote:
Hi all, n00b here --- I ordered a new Jeffsy 29 AL Base back in May, it said at the time "Available from 7/17/19" -- tomorrow!

Does this mean that my bike will arrive at their warehouse on 7/17? Will it ship to me on 7/17? When should I expect it to arrive in Seattle??

I bet you're antsy and I don't blame you. It can mean any of those things. Seriously, the best thing to do is call them and ask them how your order is doing. (Have your order number ready) They will tell you what's happening.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
kwapik wrote:
jimdog-awooo wrote:

I bet you're antsy and I don't blame you. It can mean any of those things. Seriously, the best thing to do is call them and ask them how your order is doing. (Have your order number ready) They will tell you what's happening.

Dude thank you - I just called, and the guy on the phone said he could hear the shipping container arriving that moment! They're a little backed up with order processing, but said it should be 2-3 days until it ships, then about 3 days on FedEx ground before arriving up in Seattle -- which means I'll hopefully have my new bike in time to go ride next weekend!

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
They need to get on it already. Ordered frame bearings for my Jeffsy the other day and still haven't gotten a shipment notification, meanwhile my bike is disassembled in the garage needing new bearings. (main pivot bearings were/are completely seized up)

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 7:12 Quote
chacou wrote:
They need to get on it already. Ordered frame bearings for my Jeffsy the other day and still haven't gotten a shipment notification, meanwhile my bike is disassembled in the garage needing new bearings. (main pivot bearings were/are completely seized up)

When I place orders off YT the mail goes to my junk folder. Ultimately you need to log in to the YT site to see the tracking number and what not..worth a shot.

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
Yeah I just keep that tab open in my browser and refresh. Although I recall from when I bought my Jeffsy that the order status online never updated and I ended up calling and talking to someone, even to this day my Jeffsy order is still "processing" (which I've had now for year+) Wink ...working on the software side of e-commerce, there's lots of rules/regulations but the business logic is fairly trivial, not sure how YT (or Shopify) mucks that up.

nateisgrate wrote:
When I place orders off YT the mail goes to my junk folder. Ultimately you need to log in to the YT site to see the tracking number and what not..worth a shot.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
chacou wrote:
Yeah I just keep that tab open in my browser and refresh. Although I recall from when I bought my Jeffsy that the order status online never updated and I ended up calling and talking to someone, even to this day my Jeffsy order is still "processing" (which I've had now for year+) Wink ...working on the software side of e-commerce, there's lots of rules/regulations but the business logic is fairly trivial, not sure how YT (or Shopify) mucks that up.

nateisgrate wrote:

Lol. My order status for Jeffsy 29 says: "Your order has not been processed yet."
But I've been riding it for year and a half now lol Very confused

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 23:48 Quote
[Quote="gramboh"]
spizike9 wrote:

...snip...

Backpedal dropping is noticeably worse than my old XT 8000 11pd + SunRace 11-46 + XT chain setup which would only drop in the 46t. XTR 9000 + TRS+ = drop in top 3 gears immediately.

I swapped in an XTR 12 speed chain and it solved my backpedal dropping issue with the ethirteen 9-46 cassette.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
[Quote="Marcencinitas"]
gramboh wrote:
spizike9 wrote:

...snip...

I swapped in an XTR 12 speed chain and it solved my backpedal dropping issue with the ethirteen 9-46 cassette.

I swapped to that chain and it actually got a little worse. I found that the cassette is really sensitive to the b tension screw. Mine was prone to slipping and allowing it to come out of adjustment. I put a little blue loctite and it helped but I still have a bit of the backpedal problem. I did notice the chain helped a little with how finicky the shifts were. I was getting a lot of noise and sloppy shifts if I didn't index regularly with the old chain.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 21:29 Quote
I just received my Jeffsy 29er large so pumped. I haven't rode it yet, I just put it together and the water bottle is really tight to the rear suspension. There isn't much clearance? Has anybody else thought the same thing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You!!

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
dnyewoods12 wrote:
I just received my Jeffsy 29er large so pumped. I haven't rode it yet, I just put it together and the water bottle is really tight to the rear suspension. There isn't much clearance? Has anybody else thought the same thing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You!!

Yeah, there isn't a lot of clearance between the bottle and the linkage.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
Version 2.0

Scrapped the heavy coil(s) for the stock rear shock, Lyrik RC2 and a full AXS X01 setup.

photo
photo

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
rme-dh wrote:
Version 2.0

Scrapped the heavy coil(s) for the stock rear shock, Lyrik RC2 and a full AXS X01 setup.

photo
photo

Good looking rig mate

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016938
Mobile Version of Website