Trek slash 2018 coil shock conversion

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek slash 2018 coil shock conversion
Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
highlandworrior wrote:
Questions guys

I've got a 2017 remedy 9 rsl

I'm wanting to buy a fox float X2 shock second hand off a 2018 pivot firebird its 8.5x2.5 witch I think off the top of my head is about 215x2.3 in mm

Question is can I make this work with my frame?

Any help would me appreciate feel free to DM me

Cheers ????

No it won't. You need a 230x57.5 to keep the travel the same or a 230x60 that will increase the travel to around 157mm.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
Cheers mate
Thanks for the info

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
Has anyone mounted a FLOAT X2 230x60 on a Trek Slash? If so any issues?

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 2:07 Quote
The Super Deluxe Coil UItimate comes in trek slash size (230 * 57.5).
Anyone knows what hardware I will need?

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 2:28 Quote
FTW wrote:
Chickenlamb wrote:
The super deluxe coil does not need special hardware, just order the mounting hardware for a 2017 trek slash and you are good to go. One for a nomad will not fit because of the bearings for mounting. If you bunch the bearings out of the eyelet they are too big unless you make custom hardware.

I just bought a super delux coil with lock out for my slash. I need to buy a spring now. I am 174lbs with gear. Looking at a 500lb and 450lb spring to try out. Wondering how much you weigh, what spring you use, and what is your sag.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Hey, do you know the part #s I need to fit a SD Coil on a 2019 Slash 8 ?

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
Fire anyone looking for Fox hardware for the Slash or Remedy.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2736995/

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
FTW wrote:
Chickenlamb wrote:
The super deluxe coil does not need special hardware, just order the mounting hardware for a 2017 trek slash and you are good to go. One for a nomad will not fit because of the bearings for mounting. If you bunch the bearings out of the eyelet they are too big unless you make custom hardware.

I just bought a super delux coil with lock out for my slash. I need to buy a spring now. I am 174lbs with gear. Looking at a 500lb and 450lb spring to try out. Wondering how much you weigh, what spring you use, and what is your sag.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

You need Trek Part# 540755 Upper mount bolt kit. You need to order 2 of them!. You can re-use the spacers from the stock RS shock that is on the bike for the lower mount. if you just want new ones order Trek Part# 582148
You will need this rockshox part #00.4118.159.023 ( REAR SHOCK MOUNTING HARDWARE METRIC 10X60MM 3-PIECE (1 SET) OFF SET ) for the upper. I got mine from fluid function in squamish. Not sure where you can order from but you can't get it from trek.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 3:53 Quote
FTW wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
FTW wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

You need Trek Part# 540755 Upper mount bolt kit. You need to order 2 of them!. You can re-use the spacers from the stock RS shock that is on the bike for the lower mount. if you just want new ones order Trek Part# 582148
You will need this rockshox part #00.4118.159.023 ( REAR SHOCK MOUNTING HARDWARE METRIC 10X60MM 3-PIECE (1 SET) OFF SET ) for the upper. I got mine from fluid function in squamish. Not sure where you can order from but you can't get it from trek.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
Hey before seeing this and just hearing 230x60 fit the remedy I bought a super deluxe at killer deal I couldnt let slip by. But then I get it home and realize it's the different bearing style on bottom like you're saying from Santa Cruz. Is there any way to get this on my 2019 trek remedy? Or am I SOL? Thanks for any the help

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
Contact dirtlabs or rwc i think. You can also google about your bearing mount. Custom bushing can be made

Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 1:30 Quote
Chickenlamb wrote:
Contact dirtlabs or rwc i think. You can also google about your bearing mount. Custom bushing can be made

Thanks for tip hit up dirt labs and maverick suspension. Maverick got back to me quick and still haven't heard from dirt labs. Well the owner Ethan at maverick suspension in Denver said its just a stanchion swap and pointed me to the right part to order. So stoked to get the super deluxe with the megneg put in rear then install the newer debon air spring design in a 170mm. It's gonna be a fun shred sled I'm sure of it.

Also has anyone ever shot foam in their handlebars for the DH parks? Gonna tackle that in next week or so as well

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 1:30 Quote
Reviving..

About to order a SDCoil for my Slash 8 MY19.
I ran the stock shock at 180psi. My fully loaded weight is ~ 83kg.
Recommendations for coil spring rate?

Also, the previously-mentioned Trek Part# 582148 is unknown to the local dealer, and I can't find it online either. I get that it is not necessary, but maybe the part number is wrong?

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 22:20 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
Reviving..

Also, the previously-mentioned Trek Part# 582148 is unknown to the local dealer, and I can't find it online either. I get that it is not necessary, but maybe the part number is wrong?

You will have the spacers in the lower mount of your shock all ready. You only need to order the spacers if there is not a shock installed on your bike. if you take your lower shock mount out. There should be a 5mmish spacer on ether side of the shock mount to the medial side of the frame bearings.

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 23:31 Quote
FTW wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
Reviving..

You will have the spacers in the lower mount of your shock all ready. You only need to order the spacers if there is not a shock installed on your bike. if you take your lower shock mount out. There should be a 5mmish spacer on ether side of the shock mount to the medial side of the frame bearings.

Thanks, I got that from your previous answer! But IF I wanted to get new ones, maybe the #582148 you mentioned is wrong.
Anyway, I'm mostly after spring suggestions, since i'll be coming from the standard thru-shaft.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 26, 2020 at 14:54 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
FTW wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
Reviving..

Thanks, I got that from your previous answer! But IF I wanted to get new ones, maybe the #582148 you mentioned is wrong.
Anyway, I'm mostly after spring suggestions, since i'll be coming from the standard thru-shaft.

I’m running an MRP Hazzard on my 2019 slash, rider weight is about 180 pounds. Started out on a 450lb progressive which bottomed our constantly. Went to a 500lb standard then ended up at a 550lb Standard to stop the bottom out. 550 is ok but it doesn’t provide the small bump I was hoping for. May try a 500 progressive or just go back to an air shock, X2 or something similar. Starting to think the 2017-2020 slash isn’t progressive enough for a coil.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032547
Mobile Version of Website