Need advice about mountain biking in Iceland!

PB Forum :: Europe
Need advice about mountain biking in Iceland!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 15:55 Quote
Hoping to get pointers from anyone who lives in Iceland or who has traveled their to mountain bike. I am going in August and hope to spend 1-3 days mountain biking. I have a couple of questions and any help is greatly appreciated!

Is there any lift access or shuttle assisted downhill mountain biking? (downhill is my preference but I am not opposed to getting a rental for 1-3 days to do some climbing/descending on dedicated trails and/or old mountain roads).
Are there any places where I can rent a mountain bike or should I bring one?
Are there any particularly good trails you would recommend? (particularly scenic or fun)
As far as I have been able to tell, there is not really any trails and instead you just kinda get a bike and ride around. Is this true or are there dedicated trails I have just not been able to find online?
Is it illegal to just ride your mountain bike on a random mountain that looks fun? I know this may seem a silly question but you will get cited heavily and potentially have your bike taken if you ride in the wrong place in America.

I am an experienced rider so fitness/ability are really not a concern. As you may be able to tell, I am kinda utterly hopeless here and I dont know Icelandic so my web searches have been less than helpful. Anything you can offer is appreciated. Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008568
Mobile Version of Website