All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
kleinschuster wrote:
Seems as though my high polish TR frame is shipping direct from the factory in Taiwan. Got an email from DHL this morning saying a package was in transit from Sanfa Bicycle Industrial Co. Kind of weird since order still shows as "being processed" on Commencal's website. Just glad that my wait appears to be coming to an end. Now if only my Lyrik Ultimate order would come back in stock and ship maybe I'll be able to ride it before the end of the month.

I have some "Being processed" orders on their site from 5 years ago..

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
It always says "processing" regardless. I wouldn't rely on the order status or the website in general for any indication of delivery/shipment. I've pre-ordered twice from Commencal both missed expected dates by a few weeks. Not holding my breath that my current pre-order will arrive on time either. However when the due date comes up they are pretty good on letting you know when they expect it to ship.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 3:14 Quote
Fuming! Ordered my bike back in November 2020 from commencals website. So based on that it should’ve come in March 2021. When it got to March they said it would arrive by May. Now it’s May they’re telling me it will be hear at the start of June. Has anyone else had similar issues. I really don’t understand what all these extra delays are actually for.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 4:21 Quote
What bike & build and where are you?

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
BikingBeechy wrote:
Fuming! Ordered my bike back in November 2020 from commencals website. So based on that it should’ve come in March 2021. When it got to March they said it would arrive by May. Now it’s May they’re telling me it will be hear at the start of June. Has anyone else had similar issues. I really don’t understand what all these extra delays are actually for.

i'm going to guess that some of the continued delays are based on availability of components, rather than the frames themselves

I just phoned them justnow for an update (UK April pre order of a high polished meta TR frame, I placed the order at the start of March), and was told they have it there and will be dispatched in the next day or 2

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
alexbg wrote:
marzyhelmond wrote:
I wanted to change my RockShox spring on my meta am 2019 (bought it last year second hand) but really don't know which spring rate to use.

I weight approx 61kg with my equipment and usually ride with a kinda low sag like 26-30%.

Which spring rate do you recommend? Thx!

Use the TF tuned calculator. It's pretty accurate to be fair.

Ok thx! Because I thought the geometry changed a bit the thing and i was worried to bottom out to much in bike parks.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
marzyhelmond wrote:
alexbg wrote:
marzyhelmond wrote:
I wanted to change my RockShox spring on my meta am 2019 (bought it last year second hand) but really don't know which spring rate to use.

I weight approx 61kg with my equipment and usually ride with a kinda low sag like 26-30%.

Which spring rate do you recommend? Thx!

Use the TF tuned calculator. It's pretty accurate to be fair.

Ok thx! Because I thought the geometry changed a bit the thing and i was worried to bottom out to much in bike parks.
I recently bought a DHX2 off of worldwide cyclery and went with the 300lb spring. TF tuned recommended a 250 pound spring but I run a stiffer setup usually anyway. Got an email recently informing me that its not supposed to arrive until June despite the original estimate of may Really Mad

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
lew-77 wrote:

Am 29 ride
UK

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
stevenEK9 wrote:
BikingBeechy wrote:

i'm going to guess that some of the continued delays are based on availability of components, rather than the frames themselves

I just phoned them justnow for an update (UK April pre order of a high polished meta TR frame, I placed the order at the start of March), and was told they have it there and will be dispatched in the next day or 2

I’ve been told that it’s to do with shipping. Must be that they don’t have the frame itself as once they have it it’s a simple journey across the channel from France to England

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
Is it just me or did the prices just go up again!?!?!

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
Kawasaki2 wrote:
Is it just me or did the prices just go up again!?!?!

It's only going to keep going up. Our vendors are charging us Pandemic Surcharge now due to freight costs increasing monthly.

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 16:05 Quote
Has anyone experience issues with their Fox 38? I am hearing a creaking sound coming from the bottom of the fork. Originally I thought it was my axel but it's still happening. Wondering if this is normal for Fox..

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
The prices went up another $100... Which is two months in a row of $100 that i at least tracked it

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 21:19 Quote
Kawasaki2 wrote:
The prices went up another $100... Which is two months in a row of $100 that i at least tracked it

I ordered mine at the beginning of December 2020 as a la Carte.
Meta AM 29 Signature is basically what my build looks like.
The signature did cost 5199€ and now where at 5599€

That's crazy..

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 23:57 Quote
BikingBeechy wrote:
lew-77 wrote:

Am 29 ride
UK

I'm so happy it's not the Essential model..
Sorry for that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012453
Mobile Version of Website