FIVE TEN is being CULLED!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
FIVE TEN is being CULLED!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
The Adidas Group acquired Five Ten in late 2011 according to this article. The brand had remained largely unchanged since the acquisition until yesterday. Adidas integrated the Five Ten brand into it's Terrex marketing. It is now considered a "collection" and they have officially done away with a number of their outdoor, hiking, approach, and water shoes as well as all apparel. I contacted Adidas customer service by phone and was told that only the Terrex apparel will be available moving forward. Loyal customers and riders who love their Five Ten shoes want to represent the quality and dependability that was Five Ten, not buy a Terrex 3 layer jacket. Another super intelligent decision of the Adidas group was to not include photos of the soles of ANY of the Five Ten shoes. Now for a company who's claim to fame was the rubber that helped the wearer stick to almost nothing you'd think that the sole of the shoe would be something you'd want to show off. I informed the customer service agent I spoke with that I believe Adidas made a HUGE mistake in trying to make Five Ten conform to their marketing design and can already see that Adidas is going to treat the Five Ten "collection" as their black sheep. I believe as a community we should make Adidas aware that they are making a huge mistake and we want our shoes back. Contact them here customerservice@adidasoutdoor.com and let your voice be heard.

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 16:31 Quote
ns178307 wrote:
The Adidas Group acquired Five Ten in late 2011 according to this article. The brand had remained largely unchanged since the acquisition until yesterday. Adidas integrated the Five Ten brand into it's Terrex marketing. It is now considered a "collection" and they have officially done away with a number of their outdoor, hiking, approach, and water shoes as well as all apparel. I contacted Adidas customer service by phone and was told that only the Terrex apparel will be available moving forward. Loyal customers and riders who love their Five Ten shoes want to represent the quality and dependability that was Five Ten, not buy a Terrex 3 layer jacket. Another super intelligent decision of the Adidas group was to not include photos of the soles of ANY of the Five Ten shoes. Now for a company who's claim to fame was the rubber that helped the wearer stick to almost nothing you'd think that the sole of the shoe would be something you'd want to show off. I informed the customer service agent I spoke with that I believe Adidas made a HUGE mistake in trying to make Five Ten conform to their marketing design and can already see that Adidas is going to treat the Five Ten "collection" as their black sheep. I believe as a community we should make Adidas aware that they are making a huge mistake and we want our shoes back. Contact them here customerservice@adidasoutdoor.com and let your voice be heard.

I was just looking at their website this morning and noticed some substantial changes. First off though, they do have pictures of the soles. I only looked at 5 shoes but all of them had a full shot of the sole as part of that shoe's gallery. The bigger changes I noticed - 1. You can't filter womens/mens/kids or clipless/flats = kind of annoying. But the biggest change 2. It seems you can't buy direct from them anymore! There was no "buy" button for any of the shoes, no "cart"? Good thing I bought those canvas freeriders that were on sale last week that none of my local lbs's stock... wtf?

Also, not sure if this is just a temporary glitch, but I'm viewing from Canada and all the prices were in euros?

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
I bought some of the adidas terrex trailcross high tops and they are the best damn shoe ever. I’m a fan of both 5-Ten and Adidas but I will say they adidas nail their brand shoe with stealth rubber. As long as you get get either shoe I see no harm no foul.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
Martron12 wrote:
I bought some of the adidas terrex trailcross high tops and they are the best damn shoe ever. I’m a fan of both 5-Ten and Adidas but I will say they adidas nail their brand shoe with stealth rubber. As long as you get get either shoe I see no harm no foul.

I too have recently bought the same high top terrex shoes and I too love them. Came from shimano am45 and the sole is far grippier. Only went for the Adidas over 5-10 as I felt all the high top 5-10’s were very clumpy and cumbersome. Either or they are a great shoe.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 15:55 Quote
ianwish wrote:
I was just looking at their website this morning and noticed some substantial changes. First off though, they do have pictures of the soles. I only looked at 5 shoes but all of them had a full shot of the sole as part of that shoe's gallery. The bigger changes I noticed - 1. You can't filter womens/mens/kids or clipless/flats = kind of annoying. But the biggest change 2. It seems you can't buy direct from them anymore! There was no "buy" button for any of the shoes, no "cart"? Good thing I bought those canvas freeriders that were on sale last week that none of my local lbs's stock... wtf?

Also, not sure if this is just a temporary glitch, but I'm viewing from Canada and all the prices were in euros?

Yes. When I spoke with them on the phone I brought it to their attention that they didn't have the pictures and they said they would work on it immediately. I also emailed them and received this response:

Hi Nick –

We understand and apologize for your frustrations.

You are right about the outsoles, and we are working hard to add the outsole photographs as we speak. I hope to have them on the size as quickly as possible.

Regarding closeouts and apparel, right now these are not currently available. Closeouts will return to the site in the future, and we are expecting to see some new apparel in Spring 2019.

While I know this does not give you all of the answers you are looking for I at least hope helps some. Should you have any questions or need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone on our team.

Best regards,
Jeff Goldman
adidas Outdoor
310-254-0299

I guess we will have to wait and see how they deal with managing the brand.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 19:49 Quote
Adamknowles wrote:
Martron12 wrote:

I too have recently bought the same high top terrex shoes and I too love them. Came from shimano am45 and the sole is far grippier. Only went for the Adidas over 5-10 as I felt all the high top 5-10’s were very clumpy and cumbersome. Either or they are a great shoe.

These shoes saved my ass once. My foot became stuck between a boulder and my pedal , instead of my foot being pulled off and crashing my foot stayed planted and the leverage pushed the back end of my bike back to the ride direction. I was shocked and these are now the only shoe I’ll ride in

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 5:13 Quote
Adamknowles wrote:
Martron12 wrote:

Where did you get them from?

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
I got mine offline from a sports shoe shop. Can’t remember the name sorry. I tried to get some ordered in at my lbs but hey never got back to me so I’m the end I got them online.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
Adamknowles wrote:
I got mine offline from a sports shoe shop. Can’t remember the name sorry. I tried to get some ordered in at my lbs but hey never got back to me so I’m the end I got them online.
Thanks for that tup

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
I love my Impact Pro’s. Solid shoe and super comfy. I live in the Tahoe area and wear this show as a daily driver in the cold too. They’ve saved my feet a few times riding. For my riding and riding area they’re very hard to beat for performance and protection. I’ll have to get those adidas in my hands, but they don’t look as stout as the five tens. Hopefully they will keep five ten going.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 10:59 Quote
theres a $20 off coupon if you sign up for the newsletter... http://www.adidasoutdoor.com/fiveten-brand

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
Adamknowles wrote:
Martron12 wrote:

Where did you get them from?

I ordered them on wiggle.com I live in the US but this British website had a good deal on them

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028312
Mobile Version of Website