Magura MT5 Brakes
DMR Vault flats

# cockpit
Renthal Fatbar carbon 780mm
Renthal Apex stem 50mm
DMR Deathgrips
Fox Transfer Dropper
WTB Pure saddle

very stoked to get this thing assembled and ready to rip.

did you use all 3 spacers on your BB? (1 in non drive, 2 on drive side) ?

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
[/Quote]Are you on CK BB? what conversion do you use?[/Quote]
Yes CK bb with adapter kit #21
https://chrisking.com/products/conversion-kit-21
Comes with a 2.5mm drive side spacer and the spindle/bearing sleeve spacers as shown.
photo

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 5:46 Quote
MikeAzBS wrote:
Are you on CK BB? what conversion do you use?[/Quote]
Comes with a 2.5mm drive side spacer and the spindle/bearing sleeve spacers as shown.
photo
[/Quote]

thanks

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
After herniating a disc in my lower back 6 weeks ago I’m finally slowly getting back on th trail. Still pain and discomfort but damn it feels good to be back on the bike. Ended up adding some spank Spike vibrocore wheels on here with i9 hydra hubs in the meantime which has been pretty cool.

Got a doctors appointment tomorrow to check a new lump in my nut - yes, my nut - and hoping it’s not testicular cancer coming back after 10 years. Wish me luck guys!

photo

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Best of luck for sure. Hope everything is negative. Your Hightower misses you Smile

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
Really like this bike, but I am starting to feel the diff in weight and pedaling efficiency from my TB. Going to make this my son's bike and my back up/bigger rides bike. Hopefully, my lack of endurance lately is the bike and not me. The heat has been tougher this yr, turning 50, and hopefully buidling a lighter HT will be a good compromise.

Good luck on your results tk

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 20:47 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Really like this bike, but I am starting to feel the diff in weight and pedaling efficiency from my TB. Going to make this my son's bike and my back up/bigger rides bike. Hopefully, my lack of endurance lately is the bike and not me. The heat has been tougher this yr, turning 50, and hopefully buidling a lighter HT will be a good compromise.

How much does yours weigh? Mine is a hair below 30lbs and it climbs faster than the Rocky Mountain Instinct I came from at a lighter weight. I really can't say enough good things about the LT.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 6:05 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
gmoss wrote:

How much does yours weigh? Mine is a hair below 30lbs and it climbs faster than the Rocky Mountain Instinct I came from at a lighter weight. I really can't say enough good things about the LT.

Mine is the C version, and by the bathroom scale (need to buy a decent scale I reckon haha), it weighs about 31.5 lbs. I weighed it at the bike shop when I got it and believe it was under 31, so who knows... Fairly decent build with my own parts other than the susp. I feel like mine pedals well, but riding with a friend on a TB I see the subtle difference as he gaps me on some climbs. Hopefully, it is the bike and not me. lol I don't think the physical weight is affecting me as much as the travel on climbing. I will still ride it, just not as much.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
Unfortunately I'm taking a chance and putting the frame and 11.6 or Fox up for sale just in case you guys know someone looking for a XL with low miles. Smile It's listed in the Buy/Sell>All Mountain/Enduro Frames. Cool

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
lowball wrote:
Unfortunately I'm taking a chance and putting the frame and 11.6 or Fox up for sale just in case you guys know someone looking for a XL with low miles. Smile It's listed in the Buy/Sell>All Mountain/Enduro Frames. Cool

What are you trying to buy?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
lowball wrote:

What are you trying to buy?

Probably the new Tallboy. Still trying to decide. Just know I’m not planning on racing any serious enduro in the near future.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
Yeah, that Tallboy is attractive, but I find myself always wondering “what if” I need more bike lol. That’s how I ended up with the HTLT myself. The new Hightower looks like a perfect in between though

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
MikeAzBS wrote:
Are you on CK BB? what conversion do you use?[/Quote]
photo
[/Quote]

yes!

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
Yeah, that Tallboy is attractive, but I find myself always wondering “what if” I need more bike lol. That’s how I ended up with the HTLT myself. The new Hightower looks like a perfect in between though

the most crazy place I ride is Northstar and depending on which runs you go on 130/140mm front is plenty...my days of big hits and drops are pretty much on the downward sprial...but I think I'll still be good on Boondocks Wink

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 15:18 Quote
lowball wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:

the most crazy place I ride is Northstar and depending on which runs you go on 130/140mm front is plenty...my days of big hits and drops are pretty much on the downward sprial...but I think I'll still be good on Boondocks Wink

I totally hear you - I'm 36 with a herniated disc and feel the same lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014970
Mobile Version of Website