MAGURA MT7 EXPLODED (literally) while removing air

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
MAGURA MT7 EXPLODED (literally) while removing air
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 11:06 Quote
Hello,

I purchased a yt tues al 2015 more or less a month ago and everything works fine, but the brakes were kinda spongy so i decided to bleed them, after struggling and wasting magura royal blood i got them more or less running. They were still spongy but you could feel the bite point... anyhow. I found myself with some spare time and i ended up watching an official magura video in which they show a method for doing a quick air removal of the system.
its in german but you can understand, he stick the syringe in the ebt port and forces oil inside of the brake and then pulls out.

I did the same and my brake literally exploded all the oil came out it made a huge mess...
i could identify that this piece came out of place, i just popped it back in place by pushing it but i havent tried the brake outside yet. it seems like it would work but idk if i have done damage inside or something...
have i destroyed the brake? what should i do? what should i check... etc etc etc
in the picture it is shown which part came out of place, also i could see that most of the oil was coming out of there.

thank you in advance.

Pablo
photo

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
That's gnarly. I would just test them out, I'm sure any warranty on ions just went out the window so it couldn't hurt to try

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Im trying them... they seem to work. i repeated the process( i had nothing to lose) and this time it worked... and it works wonders. idk what happened that time, i didnt press much harder the first time... weird.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 16:23 Quote
5 year leak proof warranty that you can take advantage of. I find making sure all pistons are moving smoothly before the bleed makes a big difference in the feel of Magura brakes. I hold all but one piston in place and lightly squeeze the lever to make the piston come out a bit, then push it back in. I repeat this to all the pistons, them bleed the brake.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 16:26 Quote
yeah just call magura

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Sotto quel coperchio di plastica c'è una membrana rettangolare in gomma che forma la vasca dell'olio. È probabilmente uscita dalla sede. È necessario aprire il coperchio che è ancorato in tre punti al corpo della leva freno e rimettere la membrana in sede.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009450
Mobile Version of Website