Serious warning

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 13:13 Quote
I thought that I would post this to warn others so that they don't make the same mistake. I enquired about purchasing a bike to an online retailer. Little did I know that my email had been hacked, the scammer then deleted the response from the bike company and formulated his own, seeing that I had been waiting a long time, they offered me a discount which I was happy to accept. They proceeded to send an invoice to which I agreed and payed. They had accessed my amazon account via my email and acquired my personal details such as delivery address. He then tried to take more money which is when I became aware that this wasn't quite right. I had been scammed by someone, they took over £2500 of my hard earned money and because it was paid via debit card, this money cannot be recovered. I thought I would warn people so they don't make the same mistake and would advise people to purchase things such as this, via a credit card so that you are able to recover the money. STAY AWARE

Posted: Aug 11, 2017 at 18:20 Quote
Mountainenduro wrote:
I thought that I would post this to warn others so that they don't make the same mistake. I enquired about purchasing a bike to an online retailer. Little did I know that my email had been hacked, the scammer then deleted the response from the bike company and formulated his own, seeing that I had been waiting a long time, they offered me a discount which I was happy to accept. They proceeded to send an invoice to which I agreed and payed. They had accessed my amazon account via my email and acquired my personal details such as delivery address. He then tried to take more money which is when I became aware that this wasn't quite right. I had been scammed by someone, they took over £2500 of my hard earned money and because it was paid via debit card, this money cannot be recovered. I thought I would warn people so they don't make the same mistake and would advise people to purchase things such as this, via a credit card so that you are able to recover the money. STAY AWARE
Use a different password for each account especially accounts that have payment info on them. Use phone authentication

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 0:59 Quote
Yes I have now, sadly though some bastard has my money and there isn't anything I can do about it, guess I'll have to take up running or something less expensive.

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 at 16:35 Quote
Mountainenduro wrote:
Yes I have now, sadly though some bastard has my money and there isn't anything I can do about it, guess I'll have to take up running or something less expensive.
Have you contacted the bank? this happened to one of my parents on their credit card, it was stolen through ali express. all she had to do is prove that she didnt make the payments and they returned 75% of the money

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 0:51 Quote
False wrote:
Mountainenduro wrote:
Have you contacted the bank? this happened to one of my parents on their credit card, it was stolen through ali express. all she had to do is prove that she didnt make the payments and they returned 75% of the money

Yeh if it was on a credit card it would have been fine and I would have got most if not all the money back but because it's on a debit card they won't refund it.

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:14 Quote
Was it a big online retailer or a small random one ? I would contact them also and let them know that this has happened to you.

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
cyronn wrote:
Was it a big online retailer or a small random one ? I would contact them also and let them know that this has happened to you.

It was bike discount

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 18:48 Quote
Mountainenduro wrote:
cyronn wrote:

It was bike discount
http://www.bikesdirect.com/ this?

Posted: Aug 13, 2017 at 23:17 Quote
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-swoop-170-8.0-583118?currency=3&delivery_country=190&varid=583124&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImsH56InW1QIVwbftCh2zqQlaEAQYASABEgJmRPD_BwE
I was trying to purchase a radon swoop

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013708
Mobile Version of Website