Sram Eagle - spring tension sdjustment

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Sram Eagle - spring tension sdjustment
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 22:30 Quote
Hi guys,

just got a new bike with eagle and wonder if you can somehow tighten the clutch to reduce chain slap...

Thx

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 22:37 Quote
No , all SRAM 11 and 12 speed derailleur have non adjustable/serviceable clutches. Maybe try shortening your chain or add some 3m rubber tape to your frame.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 1:06 Quote
photo

If Eagle works the same as the 11spd stuff: Pull the plastic cap off, use a torx key to give the bolt a wobble, use a pair of flushcuts to pull the pin out, you now have an adjustable clutch mech.

IIRC the pin and cap is due to a shimano patent on adjustable clutch mechs.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
As stated above, I don't believe that the spring tension on SRAM Eagle is designed to be adjustable.

I run my Eagle drivetrain with a front chain guide and it helps to keep extra tension on the chain and prevents chain slap along with the knowledge that I won't loose my chain.

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
Thanks for reply guys.
I tried to pull of the cap, but there is nothing to adjust and no pin, so it probably really isn't adjustable.

FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 23:44 Quote
sir-hc wrote:
photo

If Eagle works the same as the 11spd stuff: Pull the plastic cap off, use a torx key to give the bolt a wobble, use a pair of flushcuts to pull the pin out, you now have an adjustable clutch mech.

I think this works only for the type 2.0, but not for the to type 2.1 clutch

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 23:51 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
sir-hc wrote:

I think this works only for the type 2.0, but not for the to type 2.1 clutch

Done it on both 2.0 & 2.1 mechs.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 7:56 Quote
Eagle is actually type 3 though

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010809
Mobile Version of Website