New bike time

PB Forum :: Downhill
New bike time
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 21:15 Quote
I plan on buying a new bike soon. I want it to last a long long time and im willing to invest alot of money into it because Ill be using it almost daily 4 months a year. I have no real brand loyalty so Idc what brand really. I want something slack enough to rail rocky sections but also maneuverable enough to do jumps and throw some tricks like tables. Ive looked into the canyon sender but I would appreciante some other suggestions.

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 11:16 Quote
So if you are looking for a dh bike then then check out the yt tues.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
i ride a canfield balance as my daily driver and it handles stuff that i used to ride on an old demo 8 just fine. with a 170mm for i am sitting at a 64.5 degree HTA. if you need a dh bike i have only ever heard amazing things about the canfield jedi. incredible customer service and beautifully overbuilt frames.

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
cuchi wrote:
"Hi folks,

I don't know if you believe in fairytales, I now do. Here's what happened to me, I'll leave you to judge for yourself.
In december 2015, I bought a Canfield brothers Balance, size L, since I'am 1,83 tall. Just after that , I was immobilized
because of health issues.

I'm back this year (get back on the bike) I decided to start riding again and therefore finished building the Balance
I was surprised to realize, after just 2 rides, that the frame was a bit short for me, due to my inseam-89cm-I was leaning way too forward in the steep slopes, despite a 50 cm stem

I was desperate, I thought about giving up riding altogether, because I knew I couldn't afford a knew frame, not even if I sold mine

The same night, I wrote an e-mail to Sean Gollub, Canfield brothers after sales service manager, to explain the problem and seek for his advice

He immediately replied-not giving any second thoughts about it- that he'd replace the 2015 size L frame with an XL frame from 2017-a brand new one!-and give me a major discount on the shock too-also a new one

I knew about Canfield brothers after-sales service being renowned but the way they handled my request went beyond anything I expected

You'll find their e-mail attached below.
They have great bikes and they're fantastic people"

"Pia-

Thank you so much for the kind words! This is my favorite part of my job! Helping others!!!! It really is my calling in life and I always want to lend a hand where I can. On top of that, we are ALL bike riders. We know the expense of this sport and we do not take it lightly for our customers too! At the end of the day we just want everyone to have fun, smile and tell their friends how much they love their Canfield!!! We greatly appreciate your support.

Please keep me in the loop with any questions! We are always here for you and your husband!

Thank you Pia!!!"

Wow! That's brand for life service. Have a happy come bk to the sport, bro.

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
1: make sure it's a DH bike that you want. If you have ANY intention of being on the bike as it goes up a hill, look to a 160mm+ Enduro bike. These things can hold their own against DH bikes on a lot of trails.
2: Take a look at the Dirt 100 list. These guys are very gravity orientated and test a lot of bikes. If the recommend a full carbon version, look for the lower spec versions.
3. Don't be put off by small details in componentry.
4. Buy a bike that suits the majority of the venues you frequent. Don't be swayed by a bike that will rip at 10% of your riding spots, but will be average at the other 90% .
5: Buy a bike that you aspire to ride well and suits your ambitions for the future. This might go against point 4, but nobody said the choice would be easy.
6. Understanding that the majority of modern bikes will make you happy if you avoid getting too wrapped up in other rider reviews. It's an exciting and daunting purchase. Good luck!

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 11:30 Quote
Get a Pivot Firebird with a 180 fork and a coil shock, put beefy tires and 203mm rotors on it, 800mm handlebars and a 35mm stem, No dropper unless you plan on doing long rides, and sram XO1 you'll be ready for anything. Days in the park backcountry days full on race seasons what ever you want.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011443
Mobile Version of Website