Precept 120

PB Forum :: Kona
Precept 120
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 21:42 Quote
Looking into getting a full suspension and based on my low budget the kona precept looks to be the most affordable for a decent FS. Anyone have one?

FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 22:56 Quote
cwefing wrote:
Looking into getting a full suspension and based on my low budget the kona precept looks to be the most affordable for a decent FS. Anyone have one?
I think you might be better off buying used

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
mistermtb wrote:
cwefing wrote:
I think you might be better off buying used

Whys that?

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 16:51 Quote
I bought a precept 120 last year. I really enjoyed it. Easy to ride and handled every trail I rode exceptionally well. Only thing I can complain about is the brakes not having much stopping power (I'm 6'4' and 280) and having to tune the derailers frequently.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 8:53 Quote
Dave7276 wrote:
I bought a precept 120 last year. I really enjoyed it. Easy to ride and handled every trail I rode exceptionally well. Only thing I can complain about is the brakes not having much stopping power (I'm 6'4' and 280) and having to tune the derailers frequently.

Alright thanks for the response. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one and just update it over time. Given that it's the same frame as the precept 150. Given some time I feel like I could upgrade it into a pretty sweet ride.

Posted: Mar 31, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
cwefing wrote:
Dave7276 wrote:

Alright thanks for the response. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one and just update it over time. Given that it's the same frame as the precept 150. Given some time I feel like I could upgrade it into a pretty sweet ride.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Slowly upgrading it. It can handle some pretty aggressive trails as it is but new parts are always fun.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 19:33 Quote
cwefing wrote:

Where are you? There's someone in Kingston, NY with a 2014 DL for $1K, and a 2016 base for $800 in New Britain, Connecticut, USA on another site...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013402
Mobile Version of Website