Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 10:26 Quote
I read that the Super Foxy was designed to work better with a coil, but from the PB review it still seems very linear, so with a standard spring it had to been setup firm and the added BB height on the SuperFoxy was therefore compounded. After reading that review I bought the Foxy as the Super Foxy looked less like a bike that had been designed from the ground up. I have a DH bike for DH riding in Morzine etc, so the Foxy is enough for my local riding in Sweden. I take my Summum for the rougher tracks at Åre and Järvsö.

I may arrive at 32/33% also, I won't spend much longer trying things before settling on something that works. At least I am fortunate in being light (70kg) so I will hopefully get away with the larger volume spacer. I added a couple of volume spacers to the fork also on my last ride as they only come with 1 fitted.

Look forward to seeing a review of the Foxy with Ohlins and their mind system. Maybe that combination will allow riders to arrive at a good base setting in a couple of rides without the need to research things!

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 14:01 Quote
photo

Heres a pic of my 3 Mondrakers. Selling the Dune now.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3018232/

Foxy is just about setup, important changes were higher rise bars (30mm), higher engagement freehub ratchet (the original is really poor), softer tyres with tougher casing and volume spacers. Also moto foam, the linkage becomes a garden otherwise!

Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 1:14 Quote
Lovely bikes! I totally agree about higher rise bars and the moto foam in the linkage. I also added a little mudguard for the back although it doesnt stop the bottom linkage getting filthy. My foxy will soon receive all new bearings too, the lower ones suffered quite a bit. The -1 angleset was also a nice little change that improved my bike

I bet the foxy with full Ohlins suspension must ride fantastically

jumunky wrote:
photo

Heres a pic of my 3 Mondrakers. Selling the Dune now.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3018232/

Foxy is just about setup, important changes were higher rise bars (30mm), higher engagement freehub ratchet (the original is really poor), softer tyres with tougher casing and volume spacers. Also moto foam, the linkage becomes a garden otherwise!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 2:55 Quote
I have a 2018 Dune XR and One Up 180mm fits and it is 1/4" shorter insertion length than 150mm fox transfer. My frame is a large.
winkplay wrote:
Hi,

I have a 2017 Dune XR, alu version. Anyone knows what is the max insertion length for a seatpost?
Wondering if I can use Crankbrothers Highline 7 170mm?

thanks

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 3:08 Quote
I have a 2018 Dune XR (Large) and the max post I could fit was the 150mm fox transfer....until I found OneUp V2 dropper! I am now running the 180mm OneUp dropper and it has less insertion than my fox 150. Check them out, and I bet you will find a post that will give your kid more drop. OneUp V2 dropper is only $199 and they are all height adjustable by 10mm for a total of 20mm less than size at time of purchase, and this is accomplished by using the included shim kit. This is a tool free, 5 min job. You can find the dimensions easily on OneUp website. Good luck and please update with what worked for you!
Clavdivs wrote:
Hi-my kid rides a small 2019 Dune R but the 100mm on/off dropper post isn't working very well and we want to get her more travel, as you'd want on a serious enduro rig. Any recommendations on a dropper post that would fit the tight space that Mondraker has due to the shock placement that would give her 125mm travel at least?
thanks.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
Anyone tried an angled headset on the Mondraker Foxy 2014-2016? I'm riding mostly steep montain terrain so was wandering if this would do the bike any good? Don't get me wrong, I love the bike but always looking to improve both the rider and the ride :-)

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
The headset bearings in my 2019 foxy xr carbon are starting to creak does anyone know the bearing size in the standard onoff headset by any chance?

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 3:22 Quote
Anyone got experience of riding / owning a 2019 foxy 27.5 as a mullet? Also wondering if I can run a 205 x 65 float x2 with the frame, as I can't find anyone who has specced it that way

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 10:58 Quote
Does anyone have any experience of removing the rear triangle from a 2020 foxy 29? There is a 5mm Allen head bolt that I can remove but am then left with an axle that goes all the way through. The axle is part of the lower pivot kit 20 pictured here:-
https://images.app.goo.gl/Cf8Niu83Sk8dTmc37

The axle is counter sunk with four grooves around the inside which you may be able to see in the following photo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FPyDwcvGs9KYYaPLGOKfTIr1tOxjVOrV/view?usp=drivesdk

I've tried tapping them out but they don't even move so I suspect they're threaded but I can't find any tool available for this. The other side is blank so no way to remove from that.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
aprosse4 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of removing the rear triangle from a 2020 foxy 29? There is a 5mm Allen head bolt that I can remove but am then left with an axle that goes all the way through. The axle is part of the lower pivot kit 20 pictured here:-
https://images.app.goo.gl/Cf8Niu83Sk8dTmc37

The axle is counter sunk with four grooves around the inside which you may be able to see in the following photo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FPyDwcvGs9KYYaPLGOKfTIr1tOxjVOrV/view?usp=drivesdk

I've tried tapping them out but they don't even move so I suspect they're threaded but I can't find any tool available for this. The other side is blank so no way to remove from that.

That axle you are left with has to have an allen head deeper than the grooves you are seeing, something like an 8 or 6 mm head should work, the 5mm allen bolt and the cone are for securing the axle in place onto the frame expanding the zone with grooves.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 20:03 Quote
Anyone running 35mm internal rim on 2018 dune aluminum? 2.5 tire?

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 3:07 Quote
@Echaniz Thank you. Not sure how I missed that, seems really obvious now.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
Hi,
Any chance someone on here could recommend a shop who could print me off a pair of colour matched fox 36 fork graphics for a 2019 Dune XR please. Thanks. Slikgraphics was one but now only have 2021 version listed and I need 2018-2020 version. One other top quality replica prints shop/guy I went to 2yrs ago no longer does Fox fork graphics so I'm pretty stuck/screwed at the minute.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 17:49 Quote
jaame wrote:
Ride decals

Cheers jaame I will have a look now and hope they can help me out with custom colours Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015739
Mobile Version of Website