The All Mountain Rat Bike Thread [Hardtails only]

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The All Mountain Rat Bike Thread [Hardtails only]
Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 23:55 Quote
when you wanna hit some stair gaps on the way to the grocery store.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 0:12 Quote
alexgosu wrote:
photo

This gets the prize for the best rat bike ever!!!

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
justgoride wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
New cables? Ppppbbbfffft.... posh

it does mean that the bike actually shifts now, the old cables were really rusted from it having been sat in a shed and occasionally used in the winter and not maintained, although i hear rust is good round here!

In rust we trust.

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 8:57 Quote
This is my beater bike IRMA (Inbred Rat Mullet Amalgamation). It's taken me a while to get her done as life's been very busy over the last 6 months or so. She's mostly built up out of old parts I had kicking around, I did buy the fork, bars and Soviet era head tube badge though.

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

27.5 rear wheel's a bit tight (it's a 26" On One Inbred frame) although it'll be fine with a bit more tyre wear. lol Or I suppose I could splash out on a half link.

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
Been waiting to see this....So rad @commental

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
Stem and seat clamp work well together! Big Grin

Cool rat!

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Cheers guys, pretty happy how it turned out, especially as it owes me next to nothing.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
Love a god rat. That looks fun to bomb around town/singletrack on.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
photo

more photos in the album.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
Love that patina on frame.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 23:52 Quote
i'm a liitle bit stoked about this my latest build Smile

you are seeing a 1934 wanderer balloon bike frameset in (most of) its original paint. i found it cheap on ebay, realigned the rear triangle and did some minor repairs and add-ons to it, such as a new seat stay bridge, disc brake mount up front and adding a BSA BB shell.

so this thing now comes with a custom wheelset (shimano coaster brake + shimano dynamo hub on 40 mm rims), OG brooks patina'd saddle, avid bb5 long pull front brake w/ NOS 50ies weinmann short pull brake lever, 800 mm moto handlebar, and b&m iq-x LED front light and schmidt k920 rear light hidden under the saddle w/ internal cable routing. unlike the photo, it now has a dartmoor keipo bmx crankset. proper steampunk klunker Big Grin

for those capable of the sauerkraut tongue (or the use of a proper translation software) there's a huge thread on the german forum, covering every detail of the build.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
Shit that is cool.

A coaster cooler would make it even cooler imo.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
If there were a competition for the best Rat Bike this would be the undisputed winner.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022422
Mobile Version of Website