Need advice frame size

PB Forum :: Commencal
Need advice frame size
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2016 at 20:57 Quote
Hey everybody

i've seriously thinking to buy the new V4,2 but I have a concern. I dont know what size choise, I'm 5,5', at this moment I have 2 bikes, one full suspension is 15,5 in (alubike dropper 2009) and one hard frame 17in (Kona Caldera 2009) I ride down and up hill with both.
In commencal web store is recommended small size for me, but I've think that maybe I can feel this frame little small. In some forums i read that the commencal frames become a little small.... please if anybody can help me, i really apprecciate your feedback, by the way i cannot wait to enjoy a new bike !!!!

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 23:19 Quote
It sounds like you are basing your sizing off the seat tube, better measurements are reach (BB to centre of steerer tube) or front centre (BB to front axle). The right size depends a bit on how you like to ride, some prefer a longer reach and others not so much. For comparison, your Kona looks to have a front centre of 644mm. I believe the small Meta AM V4.2 has a front centre of 719 (wheelbase 1156 - chainstay 437).

At 5'5" you are 165cm, that's where the Commencal sizing puts you on a small, or just a touch under the range recommended for a Medium. I'm 183cm, and the Medium was definitely too small (recommended up to 180cm), the Large V4 I have feels bang on. The V4 is awesome, will be trying a mates 4.2 at some point but if they are anything close to the V4 you'll be stoked.

Best thing you can do is see if anyone close to you has one you can ride, or even just sit on to try sizing. Hope that helps.

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 21:22 Quote
Thanks,

I really appreciate your comments.
I read something about the frame sizes, in other forums said that the frames aré little smaller than the recommendation of commencal.
So I will try to ride the sizes to buy the correct one!!!

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 at 23:17 Quote
i often hear people saying commencals are short in the front center and have even seen a bike test review in mbuk were it stated this and yet there was no mention that 2 of the other 3 makes of bikes being tested actually had a shorter front end. Its kind of an easy dig to commencal as now suddenly everyone associates longer fc with better so commencals must suck but its not good for all....i do my best to avoid bikes with long front centers as it doesnt suit me and i dont remember lengthy discussions amonngst friends saying that bikes need to have longer fronts so the commencal is ace for me. Im 6ft1 and have a large meta sl1 thats perfect for me. at a smidge over 185cm the chart recommended a large and so thats what i opted for but if your close to the limit ie between 2 sizes then compare your existing bikes dimensions to help you choose.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011420
Mobile Version of Website