Help figuring out if these are the same?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help figuring out if these are the same?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2016 at 15:36 Quote
Hi all,

I am relatively new to mountain biking so my knowledge of suspension is limited coming from a bmx background.

I bought some Fox Float forks last year but haven't been getting on them when riding.

I'm looking at some RockShox Revelation forks and have come across these two pages - They seem identical but prices vary quite a bit between the two. Am I correct that these are the same fork with just a price difference, or are these different models?

https://www.evanscycles.com/rockshox-revelation-rct3-solo-air-140mm-tapered-26-fork-EV200446
&
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.RockShox-Revelation-RCT3-Solo-Air-140-26-MaxleLite15-Tapered-Disc-2016_81771.htm

Would anyone also know if these are a good fork choice for the price range?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Ash.

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 15:42 Quote
first off, what year and model are the fox's you have and what are the issues you are having with them?

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 15:47 Quote
They are 2014 Fox 32 with Kashima coating 160mm travel. I bought them second hand and was told that they had just been serviced by Mojo suspension in the UK.

The problems I am having are the seals are very leaky, like excessive where after a ride there will be a run of oil down the fork leg. And secondly 160mm is just too much travel... I feel like I'm riding a chopper bike and would like to go less which is why I'm looking at 140mm. For reference I have a Cotic BFE frame in Medium.

Thanks,

Ash

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 18:19 Quote
160mm fox 32? damn, I didn't even know they made them that long. that must be an absolute noodle of a fork at that travel. anyways did you know you can drop the travel on it? don't know the exact procedure but it should be relatively straight forward I believe. A LBS should be able to do it for you. And maybe it just needs servicing to stop the leaking. this would definitely be the most cost effective option for you. furthermore the revelation is more of an entry level fork and would be a down grade from a fox 32.

what kind of riding do you do?

lol actually don't quote me on the revelation. rockshox has too many damn forks to keep track of haha. I just know that serious trail riding usually warrants a pike in the RS lineup

okay just did a little research and I was thinking of the sector. anyways I still don't think the revelation will be a worthwhile upgrade over the fox 32 if you can get it sorted

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 10:54 Quote
Thanks guys for your help. I'll look into the alternativies and what is available.

I take onboard about spending the money to get them serviced and correctly set up.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009534
Mobile Version of Website