YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:50 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Russyh wrote:
Well i believe its for B1 reverbs upwards, so current model. In terms of 150, what size frame are you running? On my medium I have about 10mm of post from the seat collar. I have a 29" inside leg so pretty short.

Oh well that’s a shame. My bike (on order) is a factory outlet model, it’s a 2016 so won’t be a B1 dropper, or at least not looking at the gallery pictures as it doesn’t have the Rockshox logo at the top of the dropper post.

I have a 30” ish inside leg so may be ok on my medium. Although when I measure from the centre of my crank to seat rail it’s about 0.5cm out from my current bike, but I’m sure I can get used to a slightly higher seat position, or fit 170mm crank arms.

Mine is a outlet bike cf one and came with a 150mm B1 reverb so yours will likely to be the same

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
sdimit wrote:
MoseyMTB wrote:
Yep just checked and the brake and shifter attach to the reverb clamp.

Damn

dude if your bike is shimano equipped then the brake and shifter are together and the reverb remote is clamped next to them. there is no way all three are clamped together. the matchmaker clamp is only for sram brakes. And if your setup is 2x you can't use it. there is no room since you got the left shifter. if you upgrade to 1x then no prob. you'll use the standard clamp.

It's SRAM GX11 and they are definitely all attached.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
Russyh wrote:
Mine is a outlet bike cf one and came with a 150mm B1 reverb so yours will likely to be the same

Bonus, fingers crossed!

B1 is supposed to be more reliable (my older post that came on my 2015 Lapierre was replaced under warranty after 18 months) and I can then use the new lever too!

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
My personal experience is he B1 is a complete nightmare. I bought one for my old bike which was then warrantied 4 times! My Jeffsy came with one and for the couple of months i have owned it its been fine. But i would never buy another im afraid.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
Hi all, does this gap look too big from the steerer top to the stem?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14854467/
photo

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 12:42 Quote
Personally I like my steerer a tad longer but as long as that steerer is clear of the top bolt it should be fine. Is that how it was sent by YT?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 12:54 Quote
Hi,

It's clear of the top bolt by maybe 4mm.

Yep, that's how it came.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
MoseyMTB wrote:
Hi,

It's clear of the top bolt by maybe 4mm.

Yep, that's how it came.

Whoa, that's not cool if it came like that new. I like to have a little breathing room on the tube height.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
Is it a YT?? Sorry stupid question. I would speak with them. When did the bike arrive it's very, very unusual for a new bike to come with no headset spacers

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:12 Quote
I can't see any of the Jeffsy range coming with a cane creek headset?? Or am I wrong? Current spec has all with an Acros headset

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
Sorry, just realised I've 2 threads open. That's the Santa Cruz.

My Jeffsy has an arcos headset.

Silly me ha

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
Ha ha, no worries buddy. Personally I would take that back to the shop, it's fine as is but you can't adjust your position much with no scope for spacers

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
What does anyone think of E Thirteens TRSr carbon cranks? I can pick up a brand new set with chainring for $300 cad ($230 USD).

Worthy upgrade? Will they work with the stock raceface bottom bracket or the Hope PF replacement BB (I have both)? Will it throw off my chainline at all?

Just bumping this. Anyone have any idea?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 17:28 Quote
I got my AL1 last week and have ridden it about 5 times. I really like the bike.

Has anyone else had any issues with the E.13 seatpost?

The saddle had some side to side play and I discovered that the large nut under the saddle was loose. I tightened that up and that solved the side to side play issue.

However, I now have a different problem: The post is return is very slow and it sometimes does not return fully. If the post had an air spring I would just give it a few more PSI, but that is not an option here. Any others having this issue?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017052
Mobile Version of Website