Marzocchi 380 Master Thread

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi 380 Master Thread
Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 10:57 Quote
monkies wrote:
I've done a few complete oil changes, but now I'm stumped on something: after a crash last year, the fork isn't using all of its travel. Fork was dialed, but I had a crash last year and haven't ridden since yesterday. Didn't touch any settings but the fork is getting only like 3" of travel now. Hence we took out all the compression and had to add a lot of rebound dampening to calm the fork down, but it's still a jack hammer. The preload doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I took the spring out and the fork can be compressed. The preload knob turns fine, and the little spacer in the unit moves up towards the knob as you wind the knob in. But when I put the spring back in, same harsh ride with no preload changes. Any clue what may be happening?

Thanks for the help all! Actually it was the shrink wrap around spring! Guessing after a year of non-use the shrink wrap expanded? Anyway, it didn't want to come out of the fork. My old spring just popped right in there. So added some heat to the wrap so that there was just a wee bit of wiggle in the stancion.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 11:29 Quote
potato wrote:
The damper side will give resistance and push back if let go right away, but if you slowly compress and hold it down it should loose that resistance and stay down. If i remember correctly it will stay down except the last inch or 2, slowly push back up, then stay there.

For the spring, the oil turned the spring cover on mine to mush, i cleaned it all out, spring is bare, i cant hear it, runs fine.

Now that everything is lubed a few runs should make it feel better.
There is no scoring on the stanchions is there?
If you can move the stanchion thru travel easily with 2 fingers, even if there is some catchy spots it will be fine.

Assemble carefully tightening bolts a little at a time, not fully one bolt then onto the next.
I would also recommend a torque wrench.

There is no scratching on the stanchions, it just feels "slightly sticky" when moving up and down. The bushings in the lowers do look scratched though.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 11:32 Quote
Does anyone have any ideas on base settings for a 90-100lb rider? I have searched and can't find anything for a rider that small. Also, what is the safest minimum length on the elastomer bumper? I cut off about 40mm, but he still isn't getting full travel.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 12:48 Quote
mudjnky wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas on base settings for a 90-100lb rider? I have searched and can't find anything for a rider that small. Also, what is the safest minimum length on the elastomer bumper? I cut off about 40mm, but he still isn't getting full travel.
Full open compression circuit, lightest spring you can find. Rebound about halfway

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
change oil in damper for 5wt instead of normal 7.5wt. You can also change shim stack to make softer but easiest is to try lighter oil. a light spring from tftunned, they same as a 888 from 2010 on..

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
I put the soft titanium spring in, 4.4 I think?

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 16:18 Quote
bat-fastard wrote:
change oil in damper for 5wt instead of normal 7.5wt. You can also change shim stack to make softer but easiest is to try lighter oil. a light spring from tftunned, they same as a 888 from 2010 on..

i'd say that's the lowest you should go, i once tried a 2.5 and was incredibly harsh.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 16:19 Quote
mudjnky wrote:
I put the soft titanium spring in, 4.4 I think?

absolutely, if that's not soft enough then buy a black fox 40 spring which is even softer.

Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 19:16 Quote
I have a set of marzocchi bomber z2 forks with the pinch clamp. The pinch clamp on the crown has cracked where the bolts go in. The shocks are in great shape . I am looking for a crown can someone help me please . thank you Sarah

Posted: Aug 8, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
Maybe www.bikerecyclery.com

Or post an ad in the buy/sell.

I remember I wanted the Marz bam fork so bad, but i had no money back then.
Kept my mag 21s for many years.

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
I have a set of marzocchi bomber z2 forks with the pinch clamp. The pinch clamp on the crown has cracked where the bolts go in. The shocks are in great shape . I am looking for a crown can someone help me please . thank you Sarah

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 1:29 Quote
Hello, I need help

I am doing the maintenance of a 380 C2R2 of 2015 and I would like to know how much oil to put on the side of the cartridge. Do I have to empty the entire cartridge before I put the oil?

And, is needed open the DBC an bleed it? or only purge de exceed of oil without open DBC?
Thanks

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 8:24 Quote
thunderf1 wrote:
Hello, I need help

I am doing the maintenance of a 380 C2R2 of 2015 and I would like to know how much oil to put on the side of the cartridge. Do I have to empty the entire cartridge before I put the oil?

And, is needed open the DBC an bleed it? or only purge de exceed of oil without open DBC?
Thanks

Go and read from the first page, you'll find all the info you need Smile

Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 6:12 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
thunderf1 wrote:
Hello, I need help

Thanks

Go and read from the first page, you'll find all the info you need Smile

thank you my dear friend.I have read everything, maybe you did not understand my question or I did not know how to formulate it correctly

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026527
Mobile Version of Website