Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Didn’t even know they had one. LoL. I’ll message them. Thanks.
prophet413 wrote:
User "ThunderPatrol" perhaps lol

Good luck, that would be an awesome gig

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 12:19 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
Anyone on here know or is someone on the Bike Patrol at Thunder? I’m interested in doing it this coming season. I emailed Berkshire East but haven’t heard back and I can’t find anything on there website. Next time I’m there I’ll talk to Ski Patrol but figured I’d Check here too.

Did you look on the website for the positions they are looking to fill? I haven't been on the website I a while but they had an area where you could submit for a job there last year.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
seismicninja wrote:

Did you look on the website for the positions they are looking to fill? I haven't been on the website I a while but they had an area where you could submit for a job there last year.

I did. I didn’t see anything for bike or ski. I think they are technically volunteer so I’m not sure if they even post it.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
mrfrench2013 wrote:
seismicninja wrote:

I did. I didn’t see anything for bike or ski. I think they are technically volunteer so I’m not sure if they even post it.

Yep, we're mostly volunteer. Like ski patrol, bike patrol has a bunch of self-pay requirements, training days, consistent shift, and time commitments, and its membership is handled somewhat separately from general resort hires. You'll need an OEC cert, or an EMT B to challenge the med requirements. ThunderPatrol is the patrol director in the summer, reach out to him in the spring...it's ski season now.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 6:27 Quote
Thanks. I talked to one of the ski patrollers who
told me to Email him so I did that too and haven’t heard back on either medium yet. I know it’s still ski season but I don’t have certifications other than first responder so I was hoping for some guidance. The ski patroller I talked to said they do the class in the fall for ski patrollers but it sounds like your on your own for bike patrol in the spring so I dont really know where to go form here; I’m just afraid to take a class and have it not count or not be taken on/needed for the summer as bike patrol.

Posted: May 8, 2020 at 10:12 Quote
I'm fingers crossed we see spinning lifts by Memorial Day... any news?

O+
Posted: May 8, 2020 at 10:49 Quote
no way to know...but I wouldn't count on Memorial Day

However, trail crew has already put in a few weeks of work/ so it'll be primed when they do re open

Posted: May 8, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Superbman wrote:
no way to know...but I wouldn't count on Memorial Day

However, trail crew has already put in a few weeks of work/ so it'll be primed when they do re open

Their Facebook page is probably the best way to stay updated.

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 9:35 Quote
Anyone riding Thunder Mountain this weekend and camping? (11/7-11/Cool All the campgrounds that I know of are closed for the season. Wondering if there are any 'wild camping' options that I might find in the area?

Also, Lift tickets are sold out for the weekend. I need one for Sunday, if anyone has a line on an extra please LMK.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
New carriers and a second chair running this summer means a lot less lift lines and a lot more laps. Best news of the summer.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
gldk wrote:
New carriers and a second chair running this summer means a lot less lift lines and a lot more laps. Best news of the summer.

That's AMAZING news!!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
From TMBP FB page

"Alright...We have a Big Stack of News! These #deasonbuilt bike carriers are off to the galvanizer and on the way to Thunder Mountain. We will be running 2 lifts to the summit this year. This means less lines, more laps! "

2 lifts to the summit!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
What is the second lift?

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Scottwhatever802 wrote:
What is the second lift?
There's one on the right side of rhe mountain (facing the mountain) that dumps you at the beginning of the Gronk. I'm assuming that's the one they are talking about.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
No, it's chair one which is lookers left of the current chair. Goes to the same spot as current chair so accesses all trails.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010798
Mobile Version of Website