Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 17:22 Quote
Crawfo can play a tune outta this board. Troll-master .. X-bow-down to you sir...

XB mid spring bike report... Bro-duro bikes are too gnar for EXO rear rubber, XB switching to Maxxis Aggresor Double Down casing... trail report coming soon, Airing into rock gardens on EXO tires does not work out so well... tires need
to be able to keep up with what the bike can handle... Mid tire gashs no good.

If you dont air into Rock Gardens and let yo Nutz hang, you are a Giant pussy, just saying.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 17:33 Quote
my mid spring report:

bought a shuttle truck. putting some tlc into her and then ready to get up them hills Big Grin

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 17:52 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
In Nobles right now this is true. They could log tomorrow and it is what it is. In the future it's a different story if all is approved as official trails on crown land like the HRT trail is now. Not saying they won't log the area anyway even if approved. Business is business but there's things that can be done to try and protect what's there now.
I was at the meeting with all partys of interest and recognition of the trails is what we are working towards.

Actually shred they still can log the htr if out side of the park. Forestry has no obligation for the trail even if it's a legal trail and as for every other. Legal trail mean squat to them. If the is a land tenure use permit than its a bit different. Only thing they might do is take consideration for the trail there, had a meeting on about this last night.
Work with them an be friends is the best way.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 19:38 Quote
pureadrenalin wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
In Nobles right now this is true. They could log tomorrow and it is what it is. In the future it's a different story if all is approved as official trails on crown land like the HRT trail is now. Not saying they won't log the area anyway even if approved. Business is business but there's things that can be done to try and protect what's there now.
I was at the meeting with all party's of interest and recognition of the trails is what we are working towards.

Actually shred they still can log the htr if out side of the park. Forestry has no obligation for the trail even if it's a legal trail and as for every other. Legal trail mean squat to them. If the is a land tenure use permit than its a bit different. Only thing they might do is take consideration for the trail there, had a meeting on about this last night.
Work with them an be friends is the best way.

Yes that's what I said, see bold above. The differance is if legitimate trails are involved they may think about moving to another area instead knowing they have to give some profit back re-opening a trail after making a cut block mess. The consideration you are talking about. That's why the meeting at the forestry office. Working with them.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 19:55 Quote
Rogue trails in Kal Park... The new frontier? No motos to deal with...

Won't get logged, just hippie hikers to deal with.
Build it deep, build it by hand saw... You make it too hard for ppl, they will always just go rogue.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 20:07 Quote
Rogue trails in Sovereign Lake... The new frontier? No motos to deal with...

FYP

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 21:30 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

FYP

XB is trying to be serious here...

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 8:53 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

FYP

Found this for you

photo

O+
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:00 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

FYP

Found this for you

photo

Where can I get this. And will it allow me to change wheel size as well. Who needs to buy a new bike.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:32 Quote
Damo, what you need is the 26b'er conversion... 650b front, 26 rear. Insta-slack HT. + all benefits of both worlds.. Easy rollover, slacker front, ++ torque on the 26" rear.

Could there even be a down side?

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:37 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

FYP

Sovereign is the new frontier. It needs more trail love. Much potential.....

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 23:02 Quote
No Bulls...

Views: 1,059    Faves: 6    Comments: 7

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 23:21 Quote
Too much big bikes & slow mo... Where's the climbing footy

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 23:26 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Too much big bikes & slow mo... Where's the climbing footy

I thought climbing footy was your'e job?
More moto on the Baconator again last night. Should have left those trees at the beginning down. Braaapp braaaap braaaap and that will be that. Dee-stroyed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020203
Mobile Version of Website