Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 11:38 Quote
Lol'd
That's funny shit XB

Wow, your'e told if you want to make change go and make it happen.
And then when you do your trying to faction from the group.
Lol
Too funny.

All trail areas and proposed trail areas are a good thing.
I like all NOCS is doing for the ride community.
No one is trying to break the NOCS union.

However, I only have trail and ride support time to give to NOCS on the more DH oriented projects they offer up at this time.
And I have done so this year.
That's it.
Not hating on XC and no one trying to faction off.
We are just trying to offer something different.
I will happily bring NOCS into the circle if they want in.
I've asked representatives of NOCS three times now to come on out but so far nothing.
All they need to do is reach out and we can work together.
Until then I'll be getting sh$t done son.

PS- One group of people overseeing all trails going into an area does nothing for trail variety anyway.
If the people building know what is expected to be a legitimate trail in the end and they are given the freedom to run with the ball all will work out.
Just have some faith in other minds at work.
You can't have your fingers on everything people.
We shall all unite for the greater ride good in the end.

IN TRAILS WE TRUST.

Now get back to work all you slackers!

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 11:57 Quote
Views: 305,782    Faves: 3,596    Comments: 512

good god. something has to make you guys feel something.

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 12:10 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Lol'd
That's funny shit XB

Wow, your'e told if you want to make change go and make it happen.
And then when you do your trying to faction from the group.
Lol
Too funny.

All trail areas and proposed trail areas are a good thing.
I like all NOCS is doing for the ride comunity.
On one is trying to break the NOCS union.

However, I only have trail and ride support time to give to NOCS on the more DH orieneted projects they offer up at this time.
And I have done so this year.
If it's more about XC, I'll be out doing my own thing.
That's it.
Not hating on XC and no one trying to faction off.
We are just trying to offer something different.
I will happily bring NOCS into the circle if they want in.
I've asked representatives of NOCS three times now to come on out but so far nothing.
All they need to do is reach out and we can work together.
Until then I'll be getting sh$t done son.

PS- One group of people overseeing all trails going into an area does nothing for trail variety anyway.
If the people building know what is expected to be a legitimate trail in the end and they are given the freedom to run with the ball all will work out.
Just have some faith in other minds at work.
You can't have your fingers on everything people.
We shall all unite for the greater ride good in the end.

IN TRAILS WE TRUST.

Now get back to work all you slackers!

somehow missed your post. we have toyed with the idea of factioning but kind of came to conclusion that that wouldnt do anyone any good. that is why when the DH rides come up we need to get everyone out there. I dont think XB said anything about leaving nocs. (i think that was me a while ago) XB was trying to create a DH group within nocs. you guys all know even though i beat up on the Enduro guys that i swing both ways. DH/AM etc... So far the only real true AM trails are king ed (no up yet but coming) and tombstone. the other stuff it just an XC grind that is more about who can take the uphill pain. i use them but only to get into shape. that is what they are to me. anyways shred.. on holidays... probably going up tonight to put my own expression into the hillside at some point.

oh and PS... Nocs has opened the tool chest to us so there is some support coming to us now.

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 12:15 Quote
oh and PSS..

every organisation and company needs their critics or McDonalds would be considered a 5 star restaurant.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 13:21 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
oh and PSS..

every organisation and company needs their critics or McDonalds would be considered a 5 star restaurant.

and you would be considered a good rider instead of a berm hopper if you didn't have a critc?

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
oh and PSS..

and you would be considered a good rider instead of a berm hopper if you didn't have a critc?

dude just because mcdonalds isnt a 5 start restaurant doesnt mean you dont need a big mac once in a while. the world needs berm hoppers.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 13:53 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
oh and PSS..

dude just because mcdonalds isnt a 5 start restaurant doesnt mean you dont need a big mac once in a while. the world needs berm hoppers.

I would never say no to a big mac. YUM!

Posted: Aug 26, 2014 at 14:42 Quote
DH is the dark underbelly
the unwanted
the rebel outcast
the bastard offspring
the chemical abusing Johnny,
coming at ya with an axe
the yahoo
the wild child
the rolling shitstorm
full on rock 'roll
the 1% of 1%

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 8:04 Quote
So... I am just doing this for fun but pretty little small towns (vernon or Rossland like) in the foothills in Alberta that would be a good place to raise kids....

I'll start
Canmore (housing is too stupid)

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 8:27 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
So... I am just doing this for fun but pretty little small towns (vernon or Rossland like) in the foothills in Alberta that would be a good place to raise kids....

Nordegg
Hinton
Jasper
Cochrane
Sundre
Bragg Creek

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 8:28 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

Nordegg
Hinton
Jasper

nordegg to remote
hinton - too greasy
japser - to expensive...

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 8:31 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
hinton - too greasy

snob

^ edited my list
computer geek VJ too fast for this cat

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 8:35 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
hinton - too greasy

snob

^ edited my list
computer geek VJ too fast for this cat

bragg creek looks beautiful. keep them coming... any more to tell about this one?

ps. Sundre: to flat- too much flooding - to humid

pss. bragg creek has 545 people. to small.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 9:32 Quote
XB sees what you are trying to do here Vag-Jeff and its not going to work. Drag everyone into a poo slinging hate fest of Alberta communities and why we are so much better.

There is a ton of Albertan readers and contributors on here and they will all surely be insulted. You see we need them more than you think.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 10:15 Quote
None of the above.
I grew up in Alberta.
I would only do the big commute back in forth for work and continue to live here.
Commute for work not for fun.
I'll take living here and paying a little more to do so.
No problem.
I'll continue to have all my free time activities right on my door step because that free time is what life is all about.
Not what TV advertising, talk shows and socialites speak of.
Does that make me an honourable hippy? Lol

Yes Alberta has strong jobs with good pay which will allow you to live in 4000sqft house.
But that's what you'll be doing from Oct. to June.
Sitting in your house talking about the weather and how said house compares all the others on the street.
You will be at risk of becoming a mall going, seen every movie, white sunglass, hockey douchebag.
If you are one of the adventurous who does leave your house for outdoor activities you will spend every weekend driving 3-6 hours west to continue to do the things you love now a pay dearly in gas and travel aggravation time.
No thank you.
(See comment above above commute for work not for fun)

Sorry and no offence to any red plates reading this but I've been the person I'm describing above.
(minus the 4000sqft house and white sunglasses, I gave those up in the 80's)
I hated it and felt my life was empty.
The thought of going back to that existence makes me sick to my stomach.
If you are the person above and your good with that or have a different vantage point of it all, to each his own.
I'm only speaking from my experience.
Everyone should do what is right for themselves.

I guess it would be different if I had kids and had to think about the cost of schools, university and their future opportunities.
I made a somewhat selfish choice not to go that route in life.
I only have to worry about Dawn's and myself happiness here and what adventure outside my door to take on next.
My 2 cents.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019805
Mobile Version of Website