Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 16:14 Quote
Man that new step up before the road on Pipedream is a pretty big move now. I like they are pushing things up for the more advanced riders. However, I hope there’s a little less sendy option going in to the right of it.
As it stands it’s full send the step up or get swallowed up by the Sarlacc Pit to the right and come to a complete stop. Watched 4 rides in a row come up way short on the step up.
A less sendy option is needed to the right when your not quite on your game.

The rest of the changes throughout are great. Especially the now gone lock up brake bit where Pipe meets Title. Well done crew. Can’t wait until I’m full healed/strong and sending the Pipe full speed next year.

Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 7:27 Quote
They where dumbing that run down for years. There used to be a people eater in the middle. I’m glad they are finally becoming a bike park again and not a family Center. The big stuff is what dreams are made. We have just gotten old.

Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 8:00 Quote
Yes we are.
Like I said I’m fine with them making things bigger again for advanced riders. Just saying another rideable option to the right would be good as well.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Man that new step up before the road on Pipedream is a pretty big move now. I like they are pushing things up for the more advanced riders. However, I hope there’s a little less sendy option going in to the right of it.
As it stands it’s full send the step up or get swallowed up by the Sarlacc Pit to the right and come to a complete stop. Watched 4 rides in a row come up way short on the step up.
A less sendy option is needed to the right when your not quite on your game.

The rest of the changes throughout are great. Especially the now gone lock up brake bit where Pipe meets Title. Well done crew. Can’t wait until I’m full healed/strong and sending the Pipe full speed next year.

Glad to see you’re back in the saddle shred. Let’s get after it soon.

That step up looks big and you have to go in no brakes/ full pop to clear it, but it is no big deal if you case it. If you’re not feeling it, just go over the hump missing the lip. I also really like the new step up to the road on rockstar.

If they’re going to fix up a jump, there’s one on rockstar after cross mountain (the fourth one?) with a brutal knuckle that is extremely unforgiving of coming up a bit short, which is easy to do, especially now, as it follows two blown out berms. It is the only jump on rockstar with a well used go around trail, which says it all.

I’m also a bit disappointed that they didn’t fix the teeter totter on ltg…

Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 10:04 Quote
Yeah I’m back riding but no full send yet. Still getting the strength back in my shoulder/chest after no use for 7 weeks. Felt like my hand was going to come off the bar first ride back in the chunky bits. It get’s better each time out though so Shredtember is still a go.

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 15:50 Quote
Anyone have a clue why there are so many Forbidden Druids for sale used? There is an unreasonable amount especially since i cant say I have seen to many on the trails.

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 16:38 Quote
I think we're starting to see the turn of the supply demand equation. Shops clearing out some of these are Ripley AF for 25% off as opposed to taking orders in sold out models for half way through the next season. I just need to hold my over zealous self back until next year for my n+1 when I suspect the amount of barely used pandemic bike purchases coincides w companies realizing that they can't just keep raising rates and actually start to bring them back down. As to if this is higher for Druids I can't say.

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 17:10 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:
I think we're starting to see the turn of the supply demand equation. Shops clearing out some of these are Ripley AF for 25% off as opposed to taking orders in sold out models for half way through the next season. I just need to hold my over zealous self back until next year for my n+1 when I suspect the amount of barely used pandemic bike purchases coincides w companies realizing that they can't just keep raising rates and actually start to bring them back down. As to if this is higher for Druids I can't say.

Im looking for a couple of bikes for next year. The time of the one for everything is over. I keep smashing my poor bike. There is some things I am noticing here. The PB used prices haven't really come down all that much but there doesn't seem to be a rush to buy. I was told that its because of bike demand but most of the bike companies still have stock and there is even a few bike on end of the year clearance. Not much like $300 off but we haven't seen that in a few years

Facebook marketplace all the sudden has tones of bikes. So many ads say selling as I don't use it as much I thought I would.

Bikes in contention for next year is the Jeffsy and Scout for a trail bike
and so far it the Canyon Sender or the NS fuzz for DH.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 18:49 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Anyone have a clue why there are so many Forbidden Druids for sale used? There is an unreasonable amount especially since i cant say I have seen to many on the trails.
I think people get caught up in the hype of a new model from the first glowing reviews.
Best to wait a year & read real reviews & all the bitching on PB about how the hell to make their Gucci bike ride better than a rigid Raleigh.

Posted: Sep 25, 2022 at 7:36 Quote
Probably a few factors re: Druids. I know from friends that have Druids and are now selling them, the sizing on them is a bit f*cky on the large end.

I have also heard they are changing the model next year, which always pushes used sales before the current version becomes “obsolete” or whatever.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 16:20 Quote
Hi,

I am looking for trail recommendations. Recently moved to Vernon from the Yukon. I like both tech and flow. I enjoy rock rolls, steeps, jumps, drops and everything in between.

Any help with trail recommendations would be appreciated!

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 16:54 Quote
Welcome! I’d say take advantage of the higher elevations before the snow flies then work your way down. Sovereign is highest next to silver star and has some good rock slabs and techy rides.

Upper Kal/King Eddy Plateau. Kal has lots of variety, ride up to Be Kind and Flovid for flow or Fraidy Cat and 36DD for rough tech.

The season pretty much starts and ends with Ellison and Predator Ridge. Lowest and latest snow accumulation. Ellison is ok for some exercise but the more fun trails are at Predator (Granite and Mantle).

Join NOCS https://nocs.ca/ and go to one of the fall events.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 19:46 Quote
With the closing of silver star, for those of a dh inclination, Nobles Canyon calls. That call is not heard by all, however, and the best of the canyon is only revealed to those of stout heart and stouter digging back…

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 20:00 Quote
Awesome. Thanks for the info! I think I’ll do Granite and Mantle tomorrow.

Im assuming baconator and Sauce on side?

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 20:25 Quote
uncleric09 wrote:
Awesome. Thanks for the info! I think I’ll do Granite and Mantle tomorrow.

Im assuming baconator and Sauce on side?

The best of nobles isn’t really on the map…

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023230
Mobile Version of Website