Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 0:49 Quote
Poach is right.

Stone Free.
Your ether going 150ft up an incline with only a 5ft flat bit after to recover, right from one janky rock to the next one or straight up the fall line on the majority of the corners. Sometimes both. They fell into the trap of "we should make it enjoyable going down too" instead of just building a propose based climb route. It's a constant grind with no let off the gas. Not my idea of an enjoyable climb trail. Penalty of people like grinding all day at work then grinding away for "fun" at night too so like Poach said, so be it.

No matter anyway, you don’t have to climb SF at Silver Star.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
You get a high from sustained cardio output.

It’s nice to climb things that aren’t boring.

I prefer my after work activities to be cardio intensive.

Cant please everyone. I am just thankful some of my values overlap with those of our lizard people overloards.

All hail the lizard people.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
I 'like' stones free as much as I can like a climb trail, in part because it's technical so it actually feels like riding. I usually feel pretty good at the top, but the latter section of path toward the the start of Flowvid I just can't get used to. I end up walking the steeper portion cause I walk at the same speed as ride and it's nice give my ass a break after SF. The pitch is just that much too steep. It was better on a hardtail for getting out of the saddle, but still, my mental state is not there as I know the end is close so I just give up and walk. Upper stones free is pretty good, but don't get up there nearly as much. Flowvid to either Twista or Sisters is a pretty quick rip solo, but getting up to bekind is a time commitment I never seem to be able to make. When I finally get my inveitable ebike I'll be there all the time

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Isn’t it obvious that this is all a conspiracy by big ebike, ultimately to support lithium interests in northern China, whose shareholders include Hillary Clinton and George soros? Think about it. Almost no pure DH trails, heavy discouragement to build renegade trails, unrelenting tough uphills (not just stone free but parabola/the wall and coffee grinder), 2 hour lift lines, uphill trails in the bike park.. If you believe this could all be coincidence then I’m sure you also believe Mccaffe killed himself. Wake up sheeple.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 11:00 Quote
If only the earth really was flat so we didn't have to go up anything.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 16:53 Quote
With the rework of the top of pipe dream now matching the quality of the rework of the bottom, I’m gonna say that it is as least as good as ALine. This puts it high in the running as one of the best single black jump lines in the world. I’ll fight anyone who feels otherwise.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 18:21 Quote
She’s damn good and the first half of Title Line is great too. Entrance drop to Pipe Dream is back at the right size as well. All good back at it tomorrow.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
With the rework of the top of pipe dream now matching the quality of the rework of the bottom, I’m gonna say that it is as least as good as ALine. This puts it high in the running as one of the best single black jump lines in the world. I’ll fight anyone who feels otherwise.

That’s a bold statement, Cotton. Looking forward to checking it out next week.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 19:27 Quote
That drop on title is smooth.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 20:24 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

The big one on Pipe Dream or the BIG one on Title to the kicker? If you hit that big drop and the kicker after good on you.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
Did they buff up paradise trail at all? I am hoping they reworked the upper part near the intersection of Jedi. It’s a killer gravel grind, but the double track gets a bit too rough and single track-y for true gravel enthusiasts.

A bunch of us are riding up tomorrow. Start from stussi. If ur coming, get there early and be prepared to crush some tall gear ratios or get dropped…. like my bars.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 20:28 Quote
p0zi wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

That’s a bold statement, Cotton. Looking forward to checking it out next week.

I’m not sure about all the little rhythm stuff right after the new wood drop on Pipe. It’s ok. I would’ve liked to have seen less little rhythm hits and more big senders there but we’ll see when it’s not so sandy.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 20:52 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

The big one on Pipe Dream or the BIG one on Title to the kicker? If you hit that big drop and the kicker after good on you.

He went big then went home.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Did they buff up paradise trail at all? I am hoping they reworked the upper part near the intersection of Jedi. It’s a killer gravel grind, but the double track gets a bit too rough and single track-y for true gravel enthusiasts.

A bunch of us are riding up tomorrow. Start from stussi. If ur coming, get there early and be prepared to crush some tall gear ratios or get dropped…. like my bars.

With this heat that sounds like a nightmare unless your starting at 3am

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
p0zi wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

With this heat that sounds like a nightmare unless your starting at 3am

Pain cave bro.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021326
Mobile Version of Website