Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 17:30 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Plenty of ebikes in those 2 hour lift lines last year.

You heard it here first:
Lift access xc is the future.

Lift-Country?

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 18:37 Quote
Lift access ebiking. Snake pit may be the future

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Lift access ebiking. Snake pit may be the future

Way too much downhill. It’s rated too easy, should be at least an uphill eblack.

f*cking DHers building ebike trails. What do the hacks even know.

Off the lawn!

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 20:33 Quote
The only way E-bikes in a lift line make any sort of sense is if they paid for an Enduro pass (2 lifts up) and want to use them. If not just pedal up and ride down for free and don't let patrol catch you.

If you start getting chased... just go uphill and watch the analog bike get smaller in the mirror. lol

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 21:27 Quote
Why would they (patrol) chase you?

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 23:49 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

Riding the park for free on your E-bike no pass or chairlift required. Someone is going to try and shut the shit down.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Riding the park for free on your E-bike no pass or chairlift required. Someone is going to try and shut the shit down.

80$ xc pass bro.

If you are riding a silverstar capable eMTB (8-16k) and don’t have a pass (80 beans) you have a serious malfunction

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
Is there a single track trail to the top or do people just peddle up paradise ?

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
Poachninja wrote:

Snake Pit is a climb trail

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

80$ xc pass bro.

If you are riding a silverstar capable eMTB (8-16k) and don’t have a pass (80 beans) you have a serious malfunction

Not me sir, all analog for me at Silver Star.

That said I would use E for the Beo-ooooff climb out of the valley floor.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 13:23 Quote
robe wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

Asphalt to Shit Shack to Pair-a-dice.
Then choose your own adventure down. Shit Shack is actually a very good climb trail. Wish that one was to the top of Kal.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
robe wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

Asphalt to Shit Shack to Pair-a-dice.
Then choose your own adventure down. Shit Shack is actually a very good climb trail. Wish that one was to the top of Kal.

What's your beef with the climbing trail at Kal? I rode up Stone Free to Be Kind a few weeks ago. Was all good. Enough to keep it interesting but still easy.

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 14:39 Quote
HRT is the fastest way... never got the appeal of SF, too much meandering for me.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
I ride everyday pretty much, Trailforks tells me I’ve climbed over 30000 feet this year and I still don’t find stone free “easy”. I’m not a natural endurance athlete, am heavier than the average biker, I ride a bigger bike, and am not as experienced with uphill biking as I am with downhill, which all contributes.

The trail is part of it is still rough. I don’t have the same issues climbing in rubber head, predator, Crawford, smith etc etc. Stone free just goes from rock feature to rock feature with out much chance to recover. It is what it is, though, as it is relatively steep terrain that does have a bunch of rocks. I wouldn’t call it a “black”, though. I did an uphill black in Whistler last year and one in Fraser valley this year and I basically have to push up half the trail. I can ride stone free to the top and even once did it without a forced stop (still over 30mins, though)! I do find upper stone free more mellow, after the steep start.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
I never got the impression Stone Free was supposed to be easy. It's the most technical climb in the valley IMO, and one of my favourites for that reason.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017409
Mobile Version of Website