RockShox Boxer Teams not enough travel

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
RockShox Boxer Teams not enough travel
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
I've got a set of boxxer teams I think they are about 2009 or 2010 they have the blue and silver adjustment on the right hand side stanchion.

They are a 200mm travel fork but I'm only getting about 120mm out of them even if I turn the blue adjuster all the way clockwise it still doesn't help.. what can I do to restore them back to factory default ? or should I be taking them to a dealer to get them serviced and looked at properly ?

Cheers
Stuart

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 3:44 Quote
2009 and 2010 are totally different forks. 2010 was the year of renewing of all boxxer model line. 2009 has 32mm stanchions andd 2010 one-35mm. And both of them can have blue and silver knobs)
Anyway, as far as you said "team", I assume you saw this word on the arch, so you have 2009 model. Anyd 99,9% you problem caused with oil, drained in the lowers from right stanchion. There is an O-ring on the rebound shaft, and it appears it is worn out, that's why oil drained.

here in Russia we solve this problem just for 8$: 50 cents for new O-ring (can be purchased in any local shop that sells rubber parts and details), 5$ for new fork oil and 2,5$ for the beer to sip while repairing. Ask your mechanic-skilled friend for help. Remove that O-ring, take it to the shop and buy similar one.

Also you can take it go the workshop, but that will cost you at least 30 or 40 bucks (as far as I know. I may be wrong. But not less than 30)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008563
Mobile Version of Website