Opinion on the KTM bikes

PB Forum :: KTM Bikes
Opinion on the KTM bikes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 11:36 Quote
Hey ! Anybody know about the KTM bikes now available here in the US? I would like some reviews, ride experience and feedback if possible. Thanks Ed

Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 5:46 Quote
The KTM Ultra 64(their anniversary edition),is one of the sweetest Hardtails I have ever seen.
And I wouldn't be at all unhappy with one between my legs Wink

Posted: Feb 24, 2015 at 21:59 Quote
You can probably tell I'm a KTM fanboy (based on my avatar). I'm really wanting to get my hands on one but the Canadian distributor hasn't responded to my emails at all and it's been like 2 weeks. I'm almost tempted to purchase from out of country (anyone willing to sell/ship to Canada?). I know they're quite popular over in Europe and have a lot of heritage with bicycle design since forever (and they make sweet motorcycle stuff too, the other bike I'm thinking of getting this summer is the 350 EXC-F or 390 Duke).

As for their pedal bikes, I'm really liking the look of the Lycan LT 271 650b with the XTR kit, doesn't look too bad but it'll be expensive (probably too expensive for me especially the way oil and gas is looking right now). The other one I'm really liking is their CX bike with the 105 kit on it and I could see myself using one. I also like their "carbon for all" marketing, obviously not everything is carbon for the lower end bikes, and you do have to pay for carbon parts. I see it as it's not really carbon for all, more like "carbon for the upper middle class" but still it's a nice sentiment and hopefully brings down prices of carbon (without being a race to the bottom with lowering of quality) so that people like me can afford it.

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 12:56 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Overpriced tat!

You reckon ?.
Funnily enough,some one said that about my Van Nicholas.

I like KTM bikes,as they seem to be quite understated and well built.

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 6:26 Quote
Yes as they are trading on they're silly overpriced orange nonsense of the motored variety.
I was one of those motorcycle orange suckas - not anymore!

Come with very poor kit for the money.

That's odd Van Nicholas are lovely having owned one and at incredible value.

I've seen a carbon KTM team replica with carbon wheels and it looked a cheap chinese frame ripoff. At £7k+ no chance but he did get it at trade working for them.

Like I said nothing special one bit, and conpletely overpriced tat!

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 8:41 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Yes as they are trading on they're silly overpriced orange nonsense of the motored variety.
I was one of those motorcycle orange suckas - not anymore!

Come with very poor kit for the money.

That's odd Van Nicholas are lovely having owned one and at incredible value.

I've seen a carbon KTM team replica with carbon wheels and it looked a cheap chinese frame ripoff. At £7k+ no chance but he did get it at trade working for them.

Like I said nothing special one bit, and conpletely overpriced tat!

Yeah,the guy said he couldn't see the money in the Van Nick.
I just told him to pick it up and see,even went as far as to say,have a blast on it.
He refused.
Probably just being an arse

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
What!?

Strange there is no pleasing some folk ay!

Which model do you have?

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:18 Quote
Hmm... I guess I'll have to rethink this and see where the value for the money is, I do love the Rocky Mountain, Kona, Norco, and Chromag bikes.

Although that said I did buy into the "Orange marketing". I realize I'm not going to be the next Rossi on the track, do crazy enduro shit, be an insane trials rider, or anything like that but I do think they make good bikes and the 350 EXCF dual sport isn't anything to shit on or even the 690 Duke (I also like the Street Triple R's, Brutales, Shivers, and F650GS) With Euro bikes I realize I'm buying into a lifestyle and experience rather than with Jap bikes that could be considered a dime a dozen (but the WR450F, KLR, V-Strom, F4i, 636, etc. aren't anything to laugh at either).

Posted: Mar 22, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
What!?

Which model do you have?

Zion.
I love it.
All that matters tup

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 11:38 Quote
ProfessorSchaftenberg wrote:
The KTM Ultra 64(their anniversary edition),is one of the sweetest Hardtails I have ever seen.
And I wouldn't be at all unhappy with one between my legs Wink

I own one it's an awesome bike! Felt I needed to change the bars though so I just put some 15mm risers on

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 20:39 Quote
ProfessorSchaftenberg wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
What!?

Which model do you have?

Zion.
I love it.
All that matters tup

Intense Bikes are rippers too!!

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 11:27 Quote
Well that must be what I noticed hanging from the roof at my local Honda / KTM dealer. I haven't wandered in to take a look but it did strike me as rather odd that they would have bicycles in there.

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 17:05 Quote
kind of wonder if its a way to start cutting out other sponsors...Redbull and KTM already have a large pro racing motocross team

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013690
Mobile Version of Website