Do someone have tips for building a bike park with 30m height?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Do someone have tips for building a bike park with 30m height?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 3, 2014 at 12:06 Quote
I am planning to build a small bike park. someone has tips on how to not be too quick to go down. and some jumps

sorry for my bad englishBlank Stare .

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 19:41 Quote
Just build biggest jumps you can hit... I'm building a lil mini jump trail just building them as big as i can get em.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 4:13 Quote
My local hill has 25meter elevation over a distance of about 500 meters , it's far from a bike park but I have managed to make reasonable length runs 30-40 seconds, with good speed and minimal pedalling ( on a DH bike) and lots of jumps and the place is always popular.

I try to avoid any corners that need heavy braking to ensure flow and speed , and then once the tracks are running fast i will add rough sections , especially for any corners that end up needing braking as the track speeds up.

Build the jumps and gaps bigger than what speed the track currently has , nothing more annoying that making a jump , testing it , works nice , a month later when the track is up to speed you over jump every thing. , but also keep in mind winter track speed.

Also build the distances between corners further than you think you currently have speed for , when the track speeds up it will all link nicely.

But also with a short/small hill , it can be better to keep it short and sweet than to make it longer with lots of pedalling and less flow.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
GiraffeInPurple wrote:
Just build biggest jumps you can hit... I'm building a lil mini jump trail just building them as big as i can get em.

but more people will ride on my trail. small and big jump seem to me a good planWink

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 8:26 Quote
bigburd wrote:
My local hill has 25meter elevation over a distance of about 500 meters , it's far from a bike park but I have managed to make reasonable length runs 30-40 seconds, with good speed and minimal pedalling ( on a DH bike) and lots of jumps and the place is always popular.

I try to avoid any corners that need heavy braking to ensure flow and speed , and then once the tracks are running fast i will add rough sections , especially for any corners that end up needing braking as the track speeds up.

Build the jumps and gaps bigger than what speed the track currently has , nothing more annoying that making a jump , testing it , works nice , a month later when the track is up to speed you over jump every thing. , but also keep in mind winter track speed.

Also build the distances between corners further than you think you currently have speed for , when the track speeds up it will all link nicely.

But also with a short/small hill , it can be better to keep it short and sweet than to make it longer with lots of pedalling and less flow.

TXS for the tips! i go to make different lines flow, jump, northshore and heavy terrain. Do you have any pics?

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 8:28 Quote
Nah no pics I'm afraid , it wasn't exactly legal there when I done the main build Razz

But if you search for badbury clump on PB and you tube there is some stuff about.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 9:04 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Nah no pics I'm afraid , it wasn't exactly legal there when I done the main build Razz

But if you search for badbury clump on PB and you tube there is some stuff about.

Nice trail, but our mountian is a much steeper. but you can you much faster!
this vid?https://vimeo.com/67083906

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 10:43 Quote
TouchTheGround wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Yeah thats a little slice of the trails we have there , forgot how lovely it looks in summer Razz

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 12:51 Quote
[Quote="bigburd"]
TouchTheGround wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Yeah thats a little slice of the trails we have there , forgot how lovely it looks in summer Razz [/Quote

Verry cuteBig Grin its winter buddieFrown

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
bigurd im looking to build something similar next season in my local woods because all we have in my area is slow techy stuff and it sucks Smile so i was wondering how long it took you to build. and any tips on how to build in hardpack dirt?

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 14:28 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
bigurd im looking to build something similar next season in my local woods because all we have in my area is slow techy stuff and it sucks Smile so i was wondering how long it took you to build. and any tips on how to build in hardpack dirt?

we usually make in one day one jump / berm. and for hardpack dirt can you use a digger or a lot of "'men power ''Big Grin

and remember this: Trail build not himselfBig Grin

Check my PF for the stuf we make!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010612
Mobile Version of Website