Solid Strike owners club

PB Forum :: Other
Solid Strike owners club
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 12:49 Quote
Chris your frame bearing info from a page or so back was very useful thanks.
I want to replace the wheel bearings on the reverse efs rear hub also. Any idea what these are? Google comes up with nothing useful.

EDIT below is the response I got from reverse, although not verified myself yet.
for the EFS hub you need 2x the bearing 6903-2RS and 2X the bearing 17287-2RS.

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 5:20 Quote
My first proper ride on the strike yesterday at bmcc, the previous ride at aston hill was cut short due to the appalling magura brakes. To be fair the seller did say they needed to be bled, but I got some pressure into them after zip tying the lever back to the bars & thought that would do.
Much messing around trying to bleed, I eventually used the syndicate gravity bleed and after 2 attempts had a decent lever feel, dropped some new uberbike race pads in & they feel pretty damn good nowSmile Im half expecting them to fail as the levers seem permanently covered in a film of brake fluid, but I made such a mess bleeding it could be residual fluid working its way out of all the nooks. I used shimano oil as thats all i had available.

Its all been a bit last minute as I'm off to morzine on the 4th! Ordered a superstar headset as its a little rough, hopefully the original will last till I get back. Ordered a few missing bolts, derailleur hanger (which doesnt fit properly into the bloody cut out despite being very very close Mad ) and chainstay guard from solid which arrived today despite dpd's best efforts to loose the parcel. Some new deathgrips and changed the fork oil which was brown sludge, one of the perils of buying 2nd hand I guess.

Issues outstanding still..
the boxxer rebound knob disengages with the gubbins inside the fork then just spins endlessly after about 1 1/2 turns from open, its like its not quite long enough, very odd but the damping works fine when using an allen key with 3 turns in total (18clicks). Fork feels great. 100psi, 2 tokens, 6 clicks from open on rebound and about 3 click of compression from open at my 100kg.
Rear wheel bearings a little loose, hope they will last the trip then I can sort when I'm back.
Suspension got a little creaky at bmcc, stripped today, some of the bearings were really seized but once free'd and re-greased all feels good.
The spare BRAND NEW tyre that came with the bike, a bontrager g4 team seems to have a buckled carcass. Unusable wobble and in the bin.
The spring at 450lb feels borderline too soft, 500lb would be better or I can loose some more weight.

Anyone's front caliper needs spacers to stop it hitting the disk? The bike came with some 4mm plastic washers spacing it out, far to far out I thought. They look like fox fork crush washers actually. I replaced them with some 1mm shims & it just misses now, but omit these and the caliper hits the disk.

Bike feels great, really pleased with it. Still am highly suspicious of carbon bars and cranks though.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 12:31 Quote
Hello fellow Strike owners. After a loooong building time I have finished my custom build. Have done a couple of days on it and love it! Just need to dial in my fork a little better.

Full spec:
Frame: Solid Strike (Loose Riders)
Fork: Marzocchi 380 c2r2 Titanium
Mud guard: Marsh Guard
Rear shock: Fox DHX2
Rear shock protection: Reverse Mudfender Carbon
Brakes: Shimano Zee
Drivetrain: Shimano Zee
Wheels: Mavic Deemax Ultimate 27,5"
Tires: Maxxis Highroller II
Handlebars: Chromag Fubars OSX 780mm
Stem: Chromag Director
Sadel: Chromag Lynx DT
Seatpost: Chromag Dolomite
Seatpost clamp: Chromag NQR
Grips: DMR Deathgrip
Pedals: DMR V12
Headset: Reverse Base...
BB: Reverse (Ceramic)
Bashguard: Blackspire Crusher
Frame protection: Lizardskinz

My Solid Strike custom build

Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 12:41 Quote
Worth the wait, looks amazing.

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
Mcozzy
That was the same with my magura brakes on my strike. The last owner had ridden every component into the ground and the brakes were so broken I had to buy a new set. Then found out that he had rounded the fork brake mounts out so im currently running 1 hopev4 on the rear and honestly it's almost better than running 2 shoddy magura brakes. Count yourself lucky as u had to replace the wheels and the cranks and bars because of the poor upkeep by the previous owner.

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 14:36 Quote
Bergwork80 that bike Is a work of art

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 1:24 Quote
Thank you thedad71 and Georgecookie! Feels cool to have a 'one of a kind' Strike Big Grin A black spring would have been prettier but maybe for next year.

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 3:10 Quote
Ha that will be an easy swap I recon as everyone else wants an orange one!

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 4:37 Quote
Well it looks like solid have shut up shop, but spares still seem to be available.So dont break or lose any frame specific bits!

https://www.solidbikes.de/

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 5:03 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
Well it looks like solid have shut up shop, but spares still seem to be available.So dont break or lose any frame specific bits!

https://www.solidbikes.de/

Makes all of our bikes more exclusive Big Grin

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 4:01 Quote
Oh thats not good :/

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 4:23 Quote
My biggest bike regret was selling my 2015 Strike. Awesome bike.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
Its a shame, i was waiting for that prototype mini strike enduro bike to come out, looked so good! Has anybody tried getting a quote from solid for parts? Ive emailed them for a quote for 2 hangers and not got a reply yet? I understand they only opened on monday after the holidays but not had a reply yet. just out of curiosity..

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
MichaelMunro wrote:
Its a shame, i was waiting for that prototype mini strike enduro bike to come out, looked so good! Has anybody tried getting a quote from solid for parts? Ive emailed them for a quote for 2 hangers and not got a reply yet? I understand they only opened on monday after the holidays but not had a reply yet. just out of curiosity..

No. But for reference the hanger was 19.90 euros when I ordered one in June. The shipping was a bit of a killer at 15 euros, although I did have a few other bits & bobs with the order.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
Has anyone tried getting parts from Solid since the new year? im not getting any replies from them after sending 3 emails. Sent the first email just after Xmas...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027107
Mobile Version of Website