Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 3:37 Quote
New Patrol is here, exactly what I asked for!!!

Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
Lts3000 wrote:
New Patrol is here, exactly what I asked for!!!

What I've been waiting for. I might have to finally pull the trigger this off season.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
No interest in wagon wheels, so that's a no thanks from me on the new one.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
Hi Guys,

new chainring time. Thinking about getting GX 32T chainring again. Just wondering what the offset on 2019 carbon Patrol is? 3 or 6mm? Can't find it anywhere on Transition website.
Any recomendation for other than GX chainrings? I have no bashguard so it needs to hold up as well.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 13:38 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
No interest in wagon wheels, so that's a no thanks from me on the new one.

Pretty easy to downsize the wheel and upsize the fork.

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
Just not sure it'd be what I'm after at point. Keeping the geo the same would need a 180mm fork, at that point you'd probably push the rear out to 170mm too. That's probably more bike than I'm after. Keeping the fork at 170 lowers an already really low bb (7mm lower than the previous Patrol). I'm honestly pretty happy with the current one, especially given the new model, guess I'll just hang on to it a bit longer.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
Just not sure it'd be what I'm after at point. Keeping the geo the same would need a 180mm fork, at that point you'd probably push the rear out to 170mm too. That's probably more bike than I'm after. Keeping the fork at 170 lowers an already really low bb (7mm lower than the previous Patrol). I'm honestly pretty happy with the current one, especially given the new model, guess I'll just hang on to it a bit longer.

I plan on trying it out so I'll report on how it rides. I also love my current patrol but unfortunately realized I'd be a lot more comfortable on an XL than a Lg, so figured I'd may as well give it a shot. I plan on running a 180mm 27.5 zeb with a 5mm crown race. Should put the HTA at ~64 and the BB height at about -18 according to my calculations.

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 22:47 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:

I agree. I'll be keeping mine as well for a few more seasons I think

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 23:51 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:

can see them releasing a scout with a tad more travel to fill that hole.

Still riding my mk1 patrol and find the travel more than enough. I wouldn't want to go more than what I have (di have 170 forks though)

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 0:54 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
Hi Guys,

new chainring time. Thinking about getting GX 32T chainring again. Just wondering what the offset on 2019 carbon Patrol is? 3 or 6mm? Can't find it anywhere on Transition website.
Any recomendation for other than GX chainrings? I have no bashguard so it needs to hold up as well.

Thanks
bump

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
bump

What does your old chainring say? Have a look on the back of it.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 2:06 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
raidenCZE wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
bump

What does your old chainring say? Have a look on the back of it.
Thought someone will know here so I will keep it in place as I can't read it when the ring is installed.
Edit: found it right below the tooth. Thx

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
All, if and when you are thinking of swapping your 2020 patrol for the new one...could I please have first refusal?
Medium carbon TR grey, just the frame or whole bike not fussed.
I have posted an ad under the wanted items you can find all my details there.
you'll make me very happy. Cheers, Matt

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
mtb-scotland wrote:

Still riding my mk1 patrol and find the travel more than enough. I wouldn't want to go more than what I have (di have 170 forks though)

Seems unnecessary, the Lyriks on the Scout can be bumped up to 160mm with a new air shaft and the frame can handle 150mm with a 5mm longer stroke shock. It's virtually the same numbers as the V1 Patrol. I had an OG Patrol, loved it, got seduced by how fast the SBG Patrol was by comparison but in reality didn't need the extra travel.

Switched to the SBG Scout and have just ordered a 62.5mm shock for it, so it'll be pretty much my OG Patrol with SBG geo. I used to go to BMCC and Windhill regularly on the old Patrol and rarely found I wanted more travel. Hopefully get the chance to revisit those places on the Scout once the shock arrives.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
veero wrote:
mtb-scotland wrote:

Seems unnecessary, the Lyriks on the Scout can be bumped up to 160mm with a new air shaft and the frame can handle 150mm with a 5mm longer stroke shock. It's virtually the same numbers as the V1 Patrol. I had an OG Patrol, loved it, got seduced by how fast the SBG Patrol was by comparison but in reality didn't need the extra travel.

Switched to the SBG Scout and have just ordered a 62.5mm shock for it, so it'll be pretty much my OG Patrol with SBG geo. I used to go to BMCC and Windhill regularly on the old Patrol and rarely found I wanted more travel. Hopefully get the chance to revisit those places on the Scout once the shock arrives.

You had to buy the new shock though. If they sold it with the longer stroke would save you a load of cash.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013833
Mobile Version of Website