Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 18:59 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
I get blocks that I can’t seem to conquer... it’s a mental game not a skills thing. One in particular is a massive rock face in Leavenworth that sterling introduced me too. I want to do it, but my mind says nope.. now I get to wait another year. I want to hit it. I think I’m at the point where I’ve over thought it... next year I’m just going to go for it, not think about it just roll it.

What rock face in Leavenworth? Xanadu?

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 19:10 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
I get blocks that I can’t seem to conquer... it’s a mental game not a skills thing. One in particular is a massive rock face in Leavenworth that sterling introduced me too. I want to do it, but my mind says nope.. now I get to wait another year. I want to hit it. I think I’m at the point where I’ve over thought it... next year I’m just going to go for it, not think about it just roll it.

What rock face in Leavenworth? Xanadu?

Yes.... ugh. How the hell are you feathers!

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
That one is completely in your head. It’s super grippy and not as steep as it looks. You’ll rock it this year.

All is well up here. Life is stressful but good.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
I like those low flying gaps SC...

Yep Zany Dood takes a minute to get over how long it is... its huge. A couple hundred feet huge. But feathers nailed it. Mega grip. Just lean back and modulate. And stay left!!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:06 Quote
Let’s get riding soon gents. Meet up in Bellingham? I’ll slug my way up while you two smoke cigars and chat...

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:15 Quote
I’m in pretty much anytime.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

put your Meeleon in SS mode....

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:19 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Let’s get riding soon gents. Meet up in Bellingham? I’ll slug my way up while you two smoke cigars and chat...

yes

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:23 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
Fully agree on the mental part. I used to slow down and roll this but now it feels easy. Most of the time you are jumping a lot further than you realize. Also if the feature is on a legitimate trail and people hit it regularly, chances are it’s built to be hit at trail speed. This gap is set up by a drop into a super steep roll in. That’s the mental part on this one, you are hauling ass. If you do push yourself into something you feel is big for your riding level, definitely don’t film it. The trail is pretty tight so definitely no chance at a side angle. This looks slow and small to me. Paced it out to about 28 feet and strava has me at 24mph.

Where is that?

Now that's something i would try, just based on that footage. Kinda reminds me of a "tabletop" i hit last month, its a long rock towards the top of Cave Trail in Rockville hills, you're going plenty fast so its more a question of line choice to jumping it.

Ill take a picture next time im out riding but, there's 2 gaps I've been eyeing that are built properly but man oh man, if you case the landing on the first one im fairly positive you'll at least rip open the tire (or worse), right into some rocks. the 2nd one has a big redwood in the line of sight on the landing which id hate to run into

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:24 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

As you know I’ve just spent a small fortune. No cash left for changes to the hard tail. No cash left for anything. if I do though she’s going mullet.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 20:36 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

As you know I’ve just spent a small fortune. No cash left for changes to the hard tail. No cash left for anything. if I do though she’s going mullet.

your taking things off silly goose! Is free!!!!!!!

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
Yes!!!

Trucked around Galbraith today for 3 hours on the SS unit. So damn fun grinding it out.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 18:24 Quote
Rad ! Me jealous, just working......

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 18:26 Quote
f*ck yes man! Adopt me!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018195
Mobile Version of Website