photo
Going downhill about 3k feet over 3.1 miles

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 16:40 Quote
Looks amazing, Chris.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 16:56 Quote
That looks fantastic Chris!

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 17:16 Quote
Oh you got to ride that wood looper!!!! Sick! I saw that on insta! Looks amazing!!!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 17:28 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Oh you got to ride that wood looper!!!! Sick! I saw that on insta! Looks amazing!!!!

oh yes!! and is so much fun!! its like 300m of a wood rollercoaster

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 18:10 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
swapped the maxxis combo I had on the Babah today over to some Ethirteens,,,, I wont be making that mistake again.... Ethirteens are the best tire I have run hands down. What grip.

Interesting... I saw you post them. I’m intrigued by the wtb vigilante and judge combo.. but maybe a e13 tire is in my future. I’ve had no issues with my dhf/dhr combo, but I don’t know any different.
Agreed fully about the e13. I ran the first version set into the ground. So much grip you could get lazy with cornering technique and not slide out. Replaced with dhf/aggressor combo and on the first ride I went down hard losing my front end. Had to re train myself to lean my bike when cornering. I’ll definitely go back to E13 next meat swap.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 18:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
swapped the maxxis combo I had on the Babah today over to some Ethirteens,,,, I wont be making that mistake again.... Ethirteens are the best tire I have run hands down. What grip.

I may have to try them but it will be hard to sway me from Specialized tires. Butcher front year round and either slaughter in the summer or butcher in the winter. The dark lord of big S keeps drawing me in.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 18:18 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Interesting... I saw you post them. I’m intrigued by the wtb vigilante and judge combo.. but maybe a e13 tire is in my future. I’ve had no issues with my dhf/dhr combo, but I don’t know any different.
Agreed fully about the e13. I ran the first version set into the ground. So much grip you could get lazy with cornering technique and not slide out. Replaced with dhf/aggressor combo and on the first ride I went down hard losing my front end. Had to re train myself to lean my bike when cornering. I’ll definitely go back to E13 next meat swap.

DHF kinda sucks compared to a lot of tires depending on the casing and your cornering habits. that being said, i have nothing but bad things to say about the new Assegai in DH casing. i've been depressed lately and just hoping that i'll ride fast and recklessly enough that i'll crash real hard and RIP. Really thought it would happen today, was going about 20mph around a wide corner (according to my gps) when i hit a muddy spot and slid a bit, directed toward a cliff, mentally prepared myself like "ok this is it" but then the dumb Assegai grips up and corrects everything so nothing happened. and i'm just left thinking, "curse you greg minnaar!!!"

jk, assegai is great if you get a chance to ride one, DH casing allows stupidly low pressures.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 18:37 Quote
I just pulled the trigger on a set of e13’s. Jenson has them for $35 and $40 for the last gen tires. I tried the specialized tires and they were great, until I ripped the bead out of whack.... insane amount of wobble. Not sure I’d trust them again. But I’m a bit bigger than most folks (I’m probable 2x feathers!)....

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 18:58 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
I just pulled the trigger on a set of e13’s. Jenson has them for $35 and $40 for the last gen tires. I tried the specialized tires and they were great, until I ripped the bead out of whack.... insane amount of wobble. Not sure I’d trust them again. But I’m a bit bigger than most folks (I’m probable 2x feathers!)....

Dude. You've met me. I'm 6'4" and 275 lb.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Dude. You've met me. I'm 6'4" and 275 lb.

I thought it was 6’7” and 275.... I’m the 6’ and 150lb dude.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
Yeah everyone has their ticket but for me those e 13’s are whackerdoos... i can sit down and corner with the rear for shits and giggles.... might just have to buy a set each paycheck till they’re out so i have tires for life!

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 1:20 Quote
slaker wrote:
Entertainment

bad ass 07:50 Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013915
Mobile Version of Website