YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 at 19:53 Quote
bgodd wrote:
It seems that my Pike rct3 forks have a bit of play when I hold the front brake and rock the bike back and forth. Did anyone else had this problem? Can it be solved by warranty?

Cheers!

Mine did that right out of the box. Sent it out to Fluid Function in Squamish for a warranty and they just did a seals/fluid but it did the trick. Probably just the typical Rockshox shipped bone try scenario but I didn't want to be blamed for mucking it up. They still have the tiniest amount of play but I've learned to trust them and slam it into rock gardens.

Try compressing it a bit and then rock it (might be difficult). Likely just a nano amount of movement that gets accentuated by the fork being fully extended, but on trail it rarely is in that position.

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 at 23:00 Quote
bgodd wrote:
It seems that my Pike rct3 forks have a bit of play when I hold the front brake and rock the bike back and forth. Did anyone else had this problem? Can it be solved by waranty?

Cheers!

Tiny bit of play is there just like in the Marzocchi there is a degrees of tolerance to make sure the fork is smooth...but it should be not noticeable when riding.

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 1:03 Quote
Ugh, has anyone with the Rental stem had an issue with it making a 'click'? I'm asking this because I hope it's not my sodding Fox CSU. Although it does feel like it's coming from that interface. I gave it a quick clean up and stick some grease on the outside of the bearing cups and it's a bit better, I guess I should pull the whole lot and give it a thorough clean.
Surprised by the utterly shite sealing on the headset though!

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 4:21 Quote
SubMarined wrote:
Ugh, has anyone with the Rental stem had an issue with it making a 'click'? I'm asking this because I hope it's not my sodding Fox CSU. Although it does feel like it's coming from that interface. I gave it a quick clean up and stick some grease on the outside of the bearing cups and it's a bit better, I guess I should pull the whole lot and give it a thorough clean.
Surprised by the utterly shite sealing on the headset though!

Try Teflon grease on all of the duo interfaces except where it holds to bars.

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
Gregmurds wrote:
barnylondon wrote:
I can't get my Fox 36 very supple .... rattling my hands way more than Lyric and deville ..... help

I'm running 80 psi and 30 % sag
2 large orange tokens and 5 clicks hsc from minus and 4 clicks lsc from minus and 8 clicks from fast on rebound. So plush and supple yet loads of my and end support.

Add token and drop psi and damping. Once set they are AMAZING.

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 4:53 Quote
Cheers Greg .... I didn't get any extra tokens .... How many come in it .... Off the whistler next week ... Need to dial it in

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 5:57 Quote
Mine came with 1 blue 1.
You can get them from Mojo if you can't get them locally, but in my experience they're not the fastest with delivery Frown wouldn't be surprised if you could pick one up in whistler, but make sure you take a suitable socket to crack the top cap. It needs to be a non chamfered one otherwise you'll mash your top cap.

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 6:59 Quote
Looking at the pro or pro race but, can't decide!

Really like the green on the pro but, is the race worth the extra £300?

The pro is £3500 vs 3800 for the race!

The race has carbon bars, sixc cranks, guide ultimates and the carbon wheels.

Are the carbon wheels easy to sell on?

Need to pull the trigger quick as these deals almost cancel out the pound crashing!

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 10:04 Quote
Hi all, I swear when I purchased my Capra Feb 2015 the warranty was 5 years now looking on the website it says 3 years from 2014 and newer. Is it me or did they used to give 5 years?

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 10:11 Quote
Im not sure as I bought my fro separate to YT.

The guys at mojo sorted me out with setup.

Get on the blower to them and they will send you some out. 2 orange ones are the large and thats what I'm using.

The fork is then so plush and soft off the top but has lovely mid and end stroke support.

Then the fork doesn't need much compression damping and feels lovely

barnylondon wrote:
Cheers Greg .... I didn't get any extra tokens .... How many come in it .... Off the whistler next week ... Need to dial it in

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
Anton00 wrote:
Hi all, I swear when I purchased my Capra Feb 2015 the warranty was 5 years now looking on the website it says 3 years from 2014 and newer. Is it me or did they used to give 5 years?

Funny that. I was think g same thing but haven't got anything to prove it.

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 11:46 Quote
Max90 wrote:
Looking at the pro or pro race but, can't decide!

Really like the green on the pro but, is the race worth the extra £300?

The pro is £3500 vs 3800 for the race!

The race has carbon bars, sixc cranks, guide ultimates and the carbon wheels.

Are the carbon wheels easy to sell on?

Need to pull the trigger quick as these deals almost cancel out the pound crashing!

the carbon wheel are brilliant ..... spin up quick and mine have taken a hammering .....

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 13:08 Quote
Woppyman wrote:
Anton00 wrote:

I have called them last year about that. And the guy on the phone. Said because mine was from 2014, i still would have the full 5 years. It changed from the 2015 models i believe.

Posted: Jul 4, 2016 at 0:39 Quote
Some minor crashes and some good drops Smile oh yeah!!

Posted: Jul 4, 2016 at 0:59 Quote
Darkysh wrote:
Woppyman wrote:
Anton00 wrote:

I have called them last year about that. And the guy on the phone. Said because mine was from 2014, i still would have the full 5 years. It changed from the 2015 models i believe.

When I bought my 2015 it still said 5 years.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017155
Mobile Version of Website