Cracked YT Capra

Posted: Apr 3, 2016 at 16:19 Quote
can someone please start a new thread discussing how f*cken whack YT capras are, and prevent future hype followers from falling into the ditch. Or does this thread qualify as that?

pardon my french

Posted: Apr 3, 2016 at 18:33 Quote
Haha.

I'm not the kind of person that brand bashes but when I think of YT I think of low quality gimmicky crap. I don't care who rides YT professionally, they get paid to, it's irrelevant when your making a lot of money and getting free bikes.

/rant

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 10:23 Quote
I emailed YT about this, to see what they had to say.

They called me a Troll...

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 10:35 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Not even an interesting troll - most people on here have blocked you.

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

You made several hostile posts in threads about a bike you don't own, complaining about problems you don't have.

Capra is not "snap city". In fact, even the frame on previous page was still in one piece and its rider unharmed. There were very few actual failures of capra frame parts documented in all the 1000+ pages of posts that are in this and the other pinkbike forum threads and none of them was a "frame snap" AFAIK.

Yes, there was a higher % of quality related issues and defects especially in the earlier produced frames. The seat stay, BB area, head tube area... But none of them were catastrophic failures or dangerous to use, YT redesigned them, and pretty much every affected owner who contacted YT about it got sorted out with new frame and/or seat stay.

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 10:59 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Not even an interesting troll - most people on here have blocked you.

Awesome. Block away. I dont need you in my life. Im just trying to warn people before they step in the huge pile of shit in front of them. And will continue to do so.

I only emailed YT to see how they were planning on fixing all this, with new manufacturing processes or whatever. I was once interested in YT, but the company itself and its following is whack and it only took me a few weeks to figure that one out. Peace out, I hope you saved enough money on your AMAZING bikes.

and sorry for being so hostile lol

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
...Just fighting still with the cracking noise, but after added a spacer under the pipe it seems a bit safer. I am not pretty confident riding it, but I want to try again.
Next I regrease ( second..) again to find out if previously it didn't make well.

By the way, anyone could point me in the right direction to "discover" a shop where I can buy a torque caps for front wheel E13 trs Plus of mine to get the maximum strength out with the lyrics forks?

Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 0:15 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Have you also emailed Transition to ask about why their Patrols seem to be coming with dry bearings? Or Canyon asking why their ShapeShifters seem to still be blowing, even on the new models?

Or even why your beloved Commencal not only appear to have issues with construction, but are charging for what should be a warranty replacement?. At least YT seem to be pretty hot on warranty bits when they do break.
If you're going to troll, it's probably best to have some sort of watertight argument, There's a saying about people hwo live in glass houses.

I have no affiliation to any brand. I'm still shopping at the moment, all the above 4 are still on my shortlist, but I'm erring towards a Capra CF. Every bike has horror stories, you don't tend to post on the internet to complain about how your bike has been trouble free for x months.

From the point of view of someone who is relatively new and totally unbiased, give it a rest, it's dull, and all it's doing is make you look like an arse.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
Well said Sir.tup
SubMarined wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:

Have you also emailed Transition to ask about why their Patrols seem to be coming with dry bearings? Or Canyon asking why their ShapeShifters seem to still be blowing, even on the new models?

Or even why your beloved Commencal not only appear to have issues with construction, but are charging for what should be a warranty replacement?. At least YT seem to be pretty hot on warranty bits when they do break.
If you're going to troll, it's probably best to have some sort of watertight argument, There's a saying about people hwo live in glass houses.

I have no affiliation to any brand. I'm still shopping at the moment, all the above 4 are still on my shortlist, but I'm erring towards a Capra CF. Every bike has horror stories, you don't tend to post on the internet to complain about how your bike has been trouble free for x months.

From the point of view of someone who is relatively new and totally unbiased, give it a rest, it's dull, and all it's doing is make you look like an arse.

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 9:10 Quote
Hey looking at picking up a Capra Cf comp stumbled upon this seems an older thread have they sorted the issues with the frame?

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 12:03 Quote
mattyaztec37 wrote:
Hey looking at picking up a Capra Cf comp stumbled upon this seems an older thread have they sorted the issues with the frame?

As someone who followed all the YT threads closely before and after they became available in the US, I would say Problem Solved. Seems that from Version 2 in 2015 on, they have been fine. I have a 2015 CF -no problems, and if there were any abnormal CF problems, PB would be awash with whiners and haters. It's what we do.

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 0:11 Quote
I would like to share my experiences with YT so far. I have a Capra and a Tues and whilst they have not been without some issues, I cannot fault YT in anyway for their customer service. I therefore think they deserve some recognition for this, so here is the story:

1 - After five months of owning a Capra CF Pro 2014 the rebound on the BOS Deville stopped working. Unfortunately in this case BOS took a couple of months to return the fork. In the meantime though YT were keeping up a clear communication on the situation. Since having the fork back I have had no issues with it. YT have since then stopped working with BOS. An understandable decision, the product is fantastic, but BOS poor customer service was clearly impacting on YT´s ability to offer a good service to their own clients.

2 - This year I spotted a very fine 7mm hairline crack coming from the hole on the right hand side for internal cable guiding. YT stated that this cracking was in an area of finishing carbon to complete the aesthetics of the bike and was in no way structural. They also stated that there was no 2014 white front end frame modules left and normally they only replace the defective frame part. This then left them with no option but to replace the entire frame with an updated 2015 model. I had a completely new frame sent to me within three weeks of posting the old frame. To give a comparison a friend of mine cracked a Santa Cruz Nomad CF and was waiting over two months for the shop to replace the frame.

3 - Shortly afterwards I had problems with various SRAM components on the Tues (the Boxxer fork, guide brake and X9 rear mech). Once again I had a rapid response and was told to send all components back. Inside 3 weeks I had all parts returned either repaired or completely replaced. In the case of the rear mech I was upgraded to a X01 DH.

It is interesting to note than in all cases postage to and back from YT has taken betweeen 2 and 2.5 weeks, so the parts are being repaired or replaced in a matter of days once they arrive (aside from the occasion with BOS).

Clearly the ideal situation is for there to be no problems, but on new bikes some niggles will appear from time to time. What is worth its weight in gold is customer service for when problems do arise. Not only am I very happy with both products (the best bikes I have ever owned by far), but I have the confidence that YT are a company who respect their warrantees and do so as fast as possible,

Posted: Sep 25, 2016 at 17:58 Quote
oddrob wrote:
I would like to share my experiences with YT so far. I have a Capra and a Tues and whilst they have not been without some issues, I cannot fault YT in anyway for their customer service. I therefore think they deserve some recognition for this, so here is the story:

1 - After five months of owning a Capra CF Pro 2014 the rebound on the BOS Deville stopped working. Unfortunately in this case BOS took a couple of months to return the fork. In the meantime though YT were keeping up a clear communication on the situation. Since having the fork back I have had no issues with it. YT have since then stopped working with BOS. An understandable decision, the product is fantastic, but BOS poor customer service was clearly impacting on YT´s ability to offer a good service to their own clients.

2 - This year I spotted a very fine 7mm hairline crack coming from the hole on the right hand side for internal cable guiding. YT stated that this cracking was in an area of finishing carbon to complete the aesthetics of the bike and was in no way structural. They also stated that there was no 2014 white front end frame modules left and normally they only replace the defective frame part. This then left them with no option but to replace the entire frame with an updated 2015 model. I had a completely new frame sent to me within three weeks of posting the old frame. To give a comparison a friend of mine cracked a Santa Cruz Nomad CF and was waiting over two months for the shop to replace the frame.

3 - Shortly afterwards I had problems with various SRAM components on the Tues (the Boxxer fork, guide brake and X9 rear mech). Once again I had a rapid response and was told to send all components back. Inside 3 weeks I had all parts returned either repaired or completely replaced. In the case of the rear mech I was upgraded to a X01 DH.

It is interesting to note than in all cases postage to and back from YT has taken betweeen 2 and 2.5 weeks, so the parts are being repaired or replaced in a matter of days once they arrive (aside from the occasion with BOS).

Clearly the ideal situation is for there to be no problems, but on new bikes some niggles will appear from time to time. What is worth its weight in gold is customer service for when problems do arise. Not only am I very happy with both products (the best bikes I have ever owned by far), but I have the confidence that YT are a company who respect their warrantees and do so as fast as possible,

Nice. I've heard only good things about their customer service.

Unfortunately, I'm not that lucky. I've sent my Pike fork for a warranty replacement due to some bushings play and almost two months have passed since they got my fork. I've got an update (that I requested) like 3 weeks ago that they are waiting for some spare parts, but they are ignoring my emails since.

They mentioned that it may take up to 30 days to replace/repair the fork... but that deadline already expired.

Not venting or trying to badmouth YT. Just sharing my story. Smile

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 1:31 Quote
bgodd wrote:
oddrob wrote:

Nice. I've heard only good things about their customer service.

Unfortunately, I'm not that lucky. I've sent my Pike fork for a warranty replacement due to some bushings play and almost two months have passed since they got my fork. I've got an update (that I requested) like 3 weeks ago that they are waiting for some spare parts, but they are ignoring my emails since.

They mentioned that it may take up to 30 days to replace/repair the fork... but that deadline already expired.

Not venting or trying to badmouth YT. Just sharing my story. Smile

I feel for you as I too had long times off the bike due to faulty products.

Its exactly what this forum needs as transparency will inevitably lead to better customer service for all of us.

I was shot down on a Bos one for being honest about shoddy products and dire customer service.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 2:44 Quote
I've had nothing but praise for yt customer service. My issue has been poor design and terrible quality control. There is a saying I often think is appropriate.... 'buy cheap, buy twice'. Well after 4 Capra's I've been very happy with my transition patrol, had it a year and it's not broken once!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014221
Mobile Version of Website