Dirt jumps in southern ontario?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt jumps in southern ontario?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 15:27 Quote
So I'm in my early 30's and I just started this season, so I only have only been out a handful of times. But I've only been to mount trashmore, and riverside, in Cambridge (and I'm not a big fan of riverside). I'm just wondering if there is some other places I don't know about that's worth checkin out? Any tips would be appreciated, Thanks.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 11:18 Quote
Toronto is currently getting a set down on lakeshore, kinda midwest in the city. It's looking pretty good.

There's the Don Valley in Toronto, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. If you're in the area, it's pretty decent.

Joyride 150 has an indoor wooden set, as well as a full indoor park and training jumps.

Cox in Guelph wasn't bad last I checked, but that's been a few years, and it was always dusty. Wouldn't go out of my way for it either.

Not a whole lot here aside from community parks and progression parks. Honestly, if you want a good set, you're going to have to find a plot of land and grab a shovel. Bare in mind, there will likely be a lot of people try to join you, as so many people want rad jumps.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 14:50 Quote
Well I am just starting off. So I in no way need huge pro jumps. But a little bigger then bmx jumps. I'll check out cox, (Guelph is 10min away) and I have already started shaping a few of my own.... You ever hear of hydro cut in kitchener? I've heard there's jumps there. But I could only find a bunch of downhill trails.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 14:52 Quote
Whenever I hear about the cut, it's in context to trail bikes and FR, so I'd think it's mostly big bike stuff, not too much DJ.

It's kinda a shitty vibe in South Ontario as far as DJ goes. I'd really suggest joyride. Indoor, your kid could have a blast as well as there's a really good progression park, all sorts of different features, from pump tracks, to skinnies, to a foam pit. If you haven't gone, you really should check it out.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 14:59 Quote
Yeah a guy I work with suggested joyride. Showed me done pics. Looks pretty sweet. But the drive to markham is a little long. But if find it worth it. Plus I can try new stuff in the foam.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 15:01 Quote
It's worth it as a winter trip when everything else is covered in snow, or when you're in the hood anyway.

"If you build it, they will come." is still the Onterrible motto. You make jumps? Okay, the your spot will be a riding destination and you'll never be left out. Doubly so as you're in your 30s, I think you said, and may be able to get a hold of a small plot of land.

Also check around on this site, there's plenty of guides in how to make dirtjumps or pumptracks.

Posted: Oct 31, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
check out trashmoore in k twon its sweet

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
Ya I'm always there. But i was more wondering about less popular areas? Trashmore is great.

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 7:03 Quote
In listowel Ontario, we made a like with a nice roll in several berms, two little table tops and a nice table top at the end. It’s behind a ladies house but she doesn’t mind when people go through. It’s a pink house with a grey ram 1500 and sometimes a blue 2500, just cut in between her house and the neighbor to the left and you’ll be there, jumps are to the right. We’d love people to come out and ride as well as dig!!

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
Colinspalds14 wrote:
In listowel Ontario, we made a like with a nice roll in several berms, two little table tops and a nice table top at the end. It’s behind a ladies house but she doesn’t mind when people go through. It’s a pink house with a grey ram 1500 and sometimes a blue 2500, just cut in between her house and the neighbor to the left and you’ll be there, jumps are to the right. We’d love people to come out and ride as well as dig!!

I could prob get a few people to come out and hang!

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 11:57 Quote
There is a nice area hidden in Milton if it's still there. Look up a video called Tim DaSilva Memorial Trail Jam

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 13:34 Quote
Also kelso/Glen eden in Milton had a DH area and some xc trails.

Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
Colinspalds14 wrote:

Hey is this still happening? I just moved to Listowel and I went out for two hours tonight trying to find some local trails but couldn't find any!

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
I'm in waterloo any good local jumps?

FL
Posted: Nov 4, 2022 at 10:51 Quote
Does anybody have a good trick step up built anywhere in southern Ontario?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018953
Mobile Version of Website