If you broke your back would you ride again?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
If you broke your back would you ride again?
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 4:26 Quote
Not MTB, but closely related (motocross). After breaking his femur twice, and a broken back, Trey Canard has come back and starting winning motocross races at the absolute top level of competition.

If you feel strong enough and still have the passion, anything is possible.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 10:58 Quote
Thank you everyone for your uplifting and positive responses. It has been 3.5 months since the whole accident and i think time was the answer. I haven't yet got back on the bike under dr's instructions however this whole thing has opened my eyes as to what is important in life. It's not very often you get a second chance and I believe that this whole thing is a second chance. I will almost 100% be back to riding again. Thanks again guy, always nice to hear positive words during tough times.

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 at 16:16 Quote
Some horror stories here, so mine seems minor. I had years of pain culminating in back surgery to remove broken bones and free up a nerve being compromised. Physio, massage, accupuncture helped at first, but walking at whatever level you can manage really helped. When I could, yoga was cool till it got to backward bending moves. Pilates on the rack was great because your back is flat and supported most of the time. As for your question on riding, when I could, I would always ride at the back of the pack forcing me to ride slower and in control. Very frustrating at times riding behind the slowest and least skilled, but I did not want to go back to where I had been. Its behind me now. I'm riding mid-pack now and back building trails. You will be fine. Keep moving, stay positive, and ride conservatively till your body/mind are ready .

• Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013256
Mobile Version of Website