weight lifting

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2014 at 16:30 Quote
I do xc and eventually plan on getting into am and dh but I was wondering what if any lifts you guys do to help your handling,control and overall riding any lifts helpful

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2014 at 0:14 Quote
Goblet squats, Turkish get ups and kettlebell swings are all awesome for the core and pedalling muscles. Shoulder presses and dips can provide a pretty good base for the upper body.

If you're serious about training, check out James Wilson's website. He has a wealth of free bike-related workout tips and videos. If you get really into it, you can buy programs or subscribe to his site, but there's so much to learn even from the free stuff he offers.

http://www.bikejames.com

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 5:07 Quote
compound and functional exercises.
rows
deadlifts
bench
should press
squats
clean and jerk,
clean and press

Things that work on hip movement

pistol squats
Turkish get ups
Split stance squats
lunges
split stance presses

lateral raises and rotatory cuff exercises too

There are others but this is just a jist list.

The key and I will stress is you NEED to do these exercises with correct form. especially the big lifts you can really do damage to your body with poor form so you should get a trainer to get form nailed, sometimes this means using minimal weight at first. You should also get the all clear from your doctor before starting anything new especially weightlifting its a heavy stress on the body and needs to be given the all clear by a professional.

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 6:56 Quote
Thank you I already lift for track so I know I can handle it I just want to know what lifts are best thanks much

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010852
Mobile Version of Website