Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 17:57 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Lion1 wrote:
Theres a few other shocks that I am considering. For air shocks its the new 2023 Super deluxe ultimate, the Öhlins TTX Air, or the Cane Creek DB inline. For coils the other option I am considering besides the TTX22M is the 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil as they now make that one and the air version of the Super Deluxe in 165x45mm. Which shock out of both the air and coil shocks listed above would suit the offering best? Just looking for people's opinions. Thanks!

I have ohlins ttx2 air on my insurgent and it’s the best I’ve ridden. Hoping to get my hands on the new RS ultimate air for testing.

Was it adjustability that made it better than the Super Deluxe or just the way the bike rode after you installed it?

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 22:32 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
Lion1 wrote:
Theres a few other shocks that I am considering. For air shocks its the new 2023 Super deluxe ultimate, the Öhlins TTX Air, or the Cane Creek DB inline. For coils the other option I am considering besides the TTX22M is the 2023 Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil as they now make that one and the air version of the Super Deluxe in 165x45mm. Which shock out of both the air and coil shocks listed above would suit the offering best? Just looking for people's opinions. Thanks!

I have ohlins ttx2 air on my insurgent and it’s the best I’ve ridden. Hoping to get my hands on the new RS ultimate air for testing.

Was it adjustability that made it better than the Super Deluxe or just the way the bike rode after you installed it?

I never rode the super deluxe. Compared to the ext, the air shock had more pop and a more lively riding experience without sacrificing traction too much.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 5:47 Quote
Hi Guys! I've been offered a new old stock frame by my local dealer but some info related to the year does no seem to addup, does anyone understand how evil serial numbers work? how to get model o year with the serial num!

Tnx

Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 3:49 Quote
darckmate wrote:
Hi Guys! I've been offered a new old stock frame by my local dealer but some info related to the year does no seem to addup, does anyone understand how evil serial numbers work? how to get model o year with the serial num!

Tnx

Contact me via DM. I got some new Evil stuff you may like, no questionable year/model.

Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
Evil Calling on trails Big Grin ! (again)

Evil calling large

Evil calling large

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
Anyone know the Insurgent V3 frame bearing sizes? I’m looking to get a bearing press and puller.

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
Anyone know the release date for Insurgent new colors?

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
vbsorin wrote:
Anyone know the release date for Insurgent new colors?
Most likely quite a while. It’s their newest updated bike.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 18:32 Quote
Anyone got an offering v2 with a cascade link, preferably with a coil? I’ve got the stock link setup with a push coil and it feels really good, although I’m kinda curious as to how the cascade link feels. Just wanna say that in no way am I unhappy with how the bike feels and I really do like it, but I’m just curious how the cascade link feels. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 20:01 Quote
Can’t say for how it runs with a coil, but with an air shock it makes such a difference. I ran the cascade from the beginning, and only recently put on the stock link to sell the bike. After one ride, I noticed it blows through travel so much faster and is less sensitive off the top. I would say the cascade link is a worthy upgrade, coil or air.

My two cents…

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
orangeMTBrider wrote:
Can’t say for how it runs with a coil, but with an air shock it makes such a difference. I ran the cascade from the beginning, and only recently put on the stock link to sell the bike. After one ride, I noticed it blows through travel so much faster and is less sensitive off the top. I would say the cascade link is a worthy upgrade, coil or air.

My two cents…

Good to know, I will say the reason I put a coil shock on was cause I couldn’t get the air shock to setup right. To get the right amount of small bump I wanted it would blow through travel and vice versa. The coil feels a lot better so I’m curious if the coil with the cascade link will feel better or worse. Can’t imagine it feeling worse though.

Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
Anyone got an offering v2 with a cascade link, preferably with a coil? I’ve got the stock link setup with a push coil and it feels really good, although I’m kinda curious as to how the cascade link feels. Just wanna say that in no way am I unhappy with how the bike feels and I really do like it, but I’m just curious how the cascade link feels. Thanks!
I have been told by the cascade guys that the Offering V2 link really only has clearance for a DPX2.

Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 9:03 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
orangeMTBrider wrote:

My two cents…

Good to know, I will say the reason I put a coil shock on was cause I couldn’t get the air shock to setup right. To get the right amount of small bump I wanted it would blow through travel and vice versa. The coil feels a lot better so I’m curious if the coil with the cascade link will feel better or worse. Can’t imagine it feeling worse though.
I think the cascade link always feels best with a coil shock. If it has clearance.

Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
What size of Insurgent are people around 186cm riding?

Selling my Undead in size L partly because it feels a bit too cramped for me, does the Insurgent LB feels significantly larger with the 27,5 wheels and longer reach? Don´t want the bike too be to big, as I live for the jumps and jibs, but dont want it to be cramped either.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 11:04 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
kiranseligman wrote:
orangeMTBrider wrote:

My two cents…

I think the cascade link always feels best with a coil shock. If it has clearance.

Gotcha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.049364
Mobile Version of Website