Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
What bb spacers are you guy guys using for an Evil Offering V1?

I’ve got a dub BB with dub crankset. No matter what combination of spacers I use when I tighten down the crankset the cranks won’t spin freely, huge amount of resistance.

I’ve got a 4.5mm on the drive side. Anything less and the chainring contacts the frame. I’ve tried quite a few different combinations and nothing has worked. SRAM webpage says a 4.5mm on drive side is required but I can’t get the cranks to ever spin freely. Preload collar is completely backed out.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Nice. My Push is amazing on the evil. I did have to go up 25 lbs in spring to 475lb spring. They sent it with 450 which is nice for enduro but not big air park. Settings for freeride/park are much slower than enduro.

I found that I can mostly replicate the feel of the 475 with a 450 and closing the compression circuits, but not the other way around. The 450 just tracks so well and I don’t have any concerns with bottoming due to the hydraulic bottom out. My only regret is not getting an ARMA. I’ve never needed the climb switch.

Yeah the push has the hydraulic bottom out. Guess I could try the 450 again and just dial slower. Always thought for freeride you should run 20-15% sag?!? For rampage they are 10-15% sag but I’ll never send that shit.

Kurt Sorge said he runs a 375 for normal riding and will run a 500 at rampage on his evil.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
Hmm. I think the push shocks don’t have enough compression adjustment for big hits. I went back to a 475 from 500 and was getting hard bottom outs on some less smooth landings with full dampening.

I think Kurk has a much slower shock than commoners can buy.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Hmm. I think the push shocks don’t have enough compression adjustment for big hits. I went back to a 475 from 500 and was getting hard bottom outs on some less smooth landings with full dampening.

Harsh bottom outs even with hydraulic bottom control?

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
wllmd wrote:

Idk man. I was for sure hitting bottom out and got a metallic clank noise each time.l these were not ankle busting landings either. Prob go back to the 500lb spring.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
wllmd wrote:

Idk man. I was for sure hitting bottom out and got a metallic clank noise each time.l these were not ankle busting landings either. Prob go back to the 500lb spring.

Sorry for the bad advice dude! Seems like the compression tunes are much different when comparing push and ext.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

Sorry for the bad advice dude! Seems like the compression tunes are much different when comparing push and ext.

No worries. Push doesnt have enough compression for big air with out heavily over springing bike.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
What’s everyone’s take on The Calling? Found one for a good price but I have an Insurgent and Wrecker LB.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
wllmd wrote:

No worries. Push doesnt have enough compression for big air with out heavily over springing bike.
You can always get it retuned by Push or local tuner if needed.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
Abacall wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

Push doesnt have enough compression for big air with out heavily over springing bike.

Yeah. For sure. But I wonder how much they can do considering I told them I hit all big shit.
Not sure how they can retune it when I requested the hardest tune.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Abacall wrote:
wllmd wrote:

Push doesnt have enough compression for big air with out heavily over springing bike.

Yeah. For sure. But I wonder how much they can do considering I told them I hit all big shit.

You can ask for the aggy "MX" tune or the Kurt Sorge tune.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Abacall wrote:

You can ask for the aggy "MX" tune or the Kurt Sorge tune.

Likely as with all fox and rock shock components those are all completely different internals.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
sanity check. bear with me, i'm no expert so I could be wrong on some of these things.

absolutely love my L wrecker v1 since I got it in 2017. run it in low with 51mm offset. 50mm stem.
but a couple things continue to niggle me.
1. wheel flop and tendency to lose front wheel traction when climbing
2. slack STA (made even worse by the fact I'm 6'3" with disproportionately long legs)
3. vague feeling front end when intitiating a turn
4. a cramped feeling cockpit.

any ideas for improvements?
currently considering a 44mm offset fork for 1 and 3.
longer stem for 4.
angleset for 2.

feel like I coming up against a wall though, cuz it seems some of the solutions (2) will just make other things worse (4).

part of me wonders if I just need to size up on the next go around or that I should just suck it up and enjoy the awesome descending.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 13:46 Quote
xoxohighlyfexoxo wrote:
sanity check. bear with me, i'm no expert so I could be wrong on some of these things.

absolutely love my L wrecker v1 since I got it in 2017. run it in low with 51mm offset. 50mm stem.
2. slack STA (made even worse by the fact I'm 6'3" with disproportionately long legs)

longer stem for 4.
angleset for 2.

feel like I coming up against a wall though, cuz it seems some of the solutions (2) will just make other things worse (4).

part of me wonders if I just need to size up on the next go around or that I should just suck it up and enjoy the awesome descending.

Get a new frame. Trust me on that one. I thought my wreckoning was sick until i got something else.
Also at 6'3 with long legs you should probably be on an XL, i am the same.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
xoxohighlyfexoxo wrote:

longer stem for 4.
angleset for 2.

Slide your seat all the way forward on its rails

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016703
Mobile Version of Website