Ideal All- Mountain Helmet?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ideal All- Mountain Helmet?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 16:02 Quote
Hi guys, do you feel that there is room for improvement in the helmets/ upper body gear used for all-mountain and enduro riding?

I do, and I'm working on a solution for my final Thesis design project that I will be working on until April. In order to be successful, I'll need feedback from my target market, YOU!

What would the IDEAL all-mountain helmet feature? What would be different when compared to the current leaders in the market, POC Trabec, Bell Super, Smith Forefront etc...

If you have the time I have a 10 question survey that would help me a lot. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SFYWPPW

If you have any contacts in the industry that you think could be of assistance to this project please let me know! Who knows, maybe with some exposure this could become a reality!

Thank you so much in advance, here are some rough preview sketches:
rough sketches of a proposed all-mountain helmet appreciate any design feedback
rough sketches of a proposed all-mountain helmet appreciate any design feedback

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 16:45 Quote
There is already a helmet like that. But yours look hell of a lot better.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 16:51 Quote
It's definitely not the first with a removable chinbar but those that have it are not relevant (they didn't have cheekpads) in today's "enduro" market. That's only the most obvious change, I want to add innovations in ventilation, cushioning, styling etc.. Glad you like the concept!
tylerthegiant wrote:
There is already a helmet like that. But yours look hell of a lot better.

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 16:54 Quote
They all look cheap. Your looks like something I would but. If it's light like a half shell and strong like a full. I'd slap money on it.

I like my helmet to fit right and breath. As well as keep my head safe. Oh and make it fit goggles well.

But with enduro that helmet will be boss.

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 17:38 Quote
reminds me a bit of halo.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2013 at 6:30 Quote
Thanks for the feedback, I actually had Halo in mind, that and the POC Trabec and the new BMW M4 actually!

Posted: Nov 21, 2013 at 8:42 Quote
muskokabiker1 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, I actually had Halo in mind, that and the POC Trabec and the new BMW M4 actually!

that would be gr8 for down hill.

Posted: Nov 22, 2013 at 5:45 Quote
Dude this is badass !!Big Grin

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2013 at 20:40 Quote
petpol9 wrote:
Dude this is badass !!Big Grin
Thank you!

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 at 18:58 Quote
So what would be the cost of such a helmet?

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2013 at 8:51 Quote
TNFking wrote:
So what would be the cost of such a helmet?
I'll be at that stage closer to January/ February, I'm working on a blog that I'll update on a weekly basis.

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 4:15 Quote
If you could make the jaw protector area of the helmet removable that would be nice. That way you could have it in your pack while you climb and pop it on for the downhills. Also build in a GO pro mount...

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 at 7:13 Quote
Ideal helmet has for me has to have decent ventilation, soft enough padding for all-day epics. For me a helmet is mostly about fit and comfort. I like the design of your helmet a lot, but for today's push of enduro-style products, make sure that a goggle system is integrated well, because most helmets don't support the goggles enough wearing them on the downhills, or keeping them on the back of the helmet when you take the goggles off. Your helmet looks like the strap would fall nicely into the back for wearing them...good. The strap/goggles would cover the vents when having goggles on the helmet...not good.

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 at 7:16 Quote
^this. And many different colors/decals. I read the article on the home page about the helmet, and there was a comment about the decals. Make sure people like them, but that's just my two cents, not overly important, functionally, but still important for a large market.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015244
Mobile Version of Website