Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
Scammer report.

User name: Larryetz https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Larryetz/

Photo of 2 bikes he tried to sell me when he replied to my wanted ad:

Bike #1- https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/21026178/

Bike #2- https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/21025327/

I am reporting him because he tried to sell me these bikes for $ 4,500 each including shipping to Canada. they are not his bikes I did a reverse image search and both showed up as being posted on vital mtb, he also copied and pasted the bikes info in a very sloppy way into his message to me here is what he wrote for the Commencal:
grizzatom's 2021 Commencal Meta TR 29

"Frame: Commencal Meta TR 29. Misc.: Gun Metal paint, size XL
Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe with Meg Neg for tunability. Misc.: 210 x 55mm
Fork: Fox 38 Performance. Misc.: 160mm travel, debadged (get that branding out of my face!) Lots of pressure and lots of volume spacers in this new air sping
Headset: Cane Creek
Handlebar: Pro Tharsis Carbon. Misc.: 31.8mm x 800 x 20mm rise
Stem: Enve Composites . Misc.: Clear Coat Beaut
Grips: DEITY Lockjaw
Brakes: Hayes Dominion A4. Misc.: 203mm x 1.9mm rotors F/R, mmmm
Shifters: Shimano XT 12 spd
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 12 spd
Cranks: Shimano XTR with 32 tooth ring. Misc.: 175mm arm length
Cassette / Rear Cog: Shimano XT 10-51 tooth
Pedals: DMR V12 magnesium. Misc.: extended pins around perimeter
Front Rim: ENVE M635. Misc.: Wide is gooood for the Eddy
Rear Rim: ENVE AM30. Misc.: Perfect all-around wheel
Hubs: Industry Nine 101
Front Tire: Schwalbe Eddy Current Super Trail. Misc.: 2.4, amazing braking/cornering and rolls better than the Mary
Rear Tire: Kenda Pinner Pro ATC. Misc.: 2.4, Not pictured
Saddle: SDG Duster P MTN
Seatpost: PNW Components Rainier Gen 3. Misc.: 34.9mm x 200mm travel
I’ve used it for a while , so it gonna go for CAD$4300 , I’m the first owner ...
PS: I don’t know how to attach image here , so I don’t know how you wanna see the image"

Not a smart guy...

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
Potential Scammer Report -- User Michael12169

User reached out to me about a rear triangle I am selling, and after some research I picked out some red flags.

1. Just created his user account today (Aug 4 2021) -- no information on his user page
2. Referred to the rear triangle as "item".
3. Insisted I download Cash App so they could pay me -- they would not download PayPal, even after I insisted on covering the fee for Goods and Services
4. The user offered me above what I was asking, even after they asked me what is the lowest price I would take
5. My final message summed up explained to the buyer that I would not use Cash App and only PayPal going forward -- the user has stopped all communication

I could be getting ahead of myself here, but in the interest of other users I felt I should at least post this as a reference.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 13:52 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:

User reached out to me about a rear triangle I am selling, and after some research I picked out some red flags.

1. Just created his user account today (Aug 4 2021) -- no information on his user page
3. Insisted I download Cash App so they could pay me -- they would not download PayPal, even after I insisted on covering the fee for Goods and Services
4. The user offered me above what I was asking, even after they asked me what is the lowest price I would take
5. My final message summed up explained to the buyer that I would not use Cash App and only PayPal going forward -- the user has stopped all communication

I could be getting ahead of myself here, but in the interest of other users I felt I should at least post this as a reference.

Yup, it's a scam.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:

Yup, it's a scam.

Listen to this guy and your gut^

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
I am a victim of a scammer by the name of flecherbikes 4 weeks ago I sent him money for a shock he got his money but I didn't get the part and he's not even communicating with me

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
bigbjl wrote:
I am a victim of a scammer by the name of flecherbikes 4 weeks ago I sent him money for a shock he got his money but I didn't get the part and he's not even communicating with me

Are you talking about user 'fletcherbikes' here:
https://m.pinkbike.com/u/FletcherBikes/
???

I can confirm FletcherBikes above is 100% legitimate. I have done business with Fletcher recently and received my order as agreed. Pretty flawless exchange.

It would seem unlikely and uncharacteristic for him to run off with your money. He operates an LBS and is pretty reputable on PinkBike.

I did notice a bit of delay in communication a bit with him since the season started. I've been attempting to make another order (he owns a shop). Maybe he's out riding more? He would definitely require multiple instances of not following through on orders just to get on the admins radar and that's just for a general wellness check in case he's under medical leave of absence or something.

I hope it works out with you and Fletcher soon. Unless someone's spoofing his account I can personally attest to making a purchase from FletcherBikes and receiving my order pretty flawlessly.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 16:20 Quote
You not being scammed is irrelevant to him being scammed. Many scammers here have previously very good history of sales.

It's like highschool. You do great on grades. You've got good friends. You pack good healthy lunches. You pissed your pants at lunch break. Guess which one of these things is going to earn you a nickname?

I'd let the mods sort it out and go from there.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 17:31 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You not being scammed is irrelevant to him being scammed. Many scammers here have previously very good history of sales.

It's like highschool. You do great on grades. You've got good friends. You pack good healthy lunches. You pissed your pants at lunch break. Guess which one of these things is going to earn you a nickname?

I agree with your main point. Read my last paragraph. I did not say just bc I had a good experience that he didnt get ripped off. It wouldn't make any sense to commit to that. My point is as stated: I had a great experience with Fletcher. He deserves the benefit of the doubt and I hope it works out between the two and would be curious about a follow up.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 20:55 Quote
dotalien wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I agree with your main point. Read my last paragraph. I did not say just bc I had a good experience that he didnt get ripped off. It wouldn't make any sense to commit to that. My point is as stated: I had a great experience with Fletcher. He deserves the benefit of the doubt and I hope it works out between the two and would be curious about a follow up.

Definetly, I have bought from him several times as well. Good chap...

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
bigbjl wrote:

How did you pay for the shock.? If paypal for goods and services, you can file a claim with them for a refund.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
Okay going on my 5th week now still waiting for my shock

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
I even gave him $20 for shipping for a speedy delivery

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
I also tried to get a tracking number from him which he couldn’t deliver

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 21:41 Quote
bigbjl wrote:
I also tried to get a tracking number from him which he couldn’t deliver

Sounds like FletcherBikes went MIA and maybe for a legit reason? If you did PayPal Goods then you will surely have recourse and a guaranteed refund coming your way.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
Wait for a moderator response, don't need the thread getting clogged.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013490
Mobile Version of Website