Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 16:18 Quote
I am posting from a separate account to remain anonymous. I kind of have a reverse situation but with a buyer. So here goes it. This buyer bought my 2019 Evil. It had carbon rims on it. One of them was new. This guy bought my bike for a scoring deal over 60% off. I felt bad for selling it so cheap but I was strapped for cash. This guy receives the bike on a wednesday and doesn't say anything until a monday. On monday he tells me one of the rims is broken. I told him I'm sorry and that lets work this out since it must've been damaged in shipping. So this guy works it out with bike flights but it was only insured to $100. As I was waiting more issues popped up like the frame being cracked and the other wheel being cracked... I had photos that I sent the buyer before it was shipped. Nothing and I mean NOTHING was damaged or cracked the buyer must've ridden the bike because he sent photos of substantial damage to the whole bike. well the buyer decides to contact PayPal and PayPal makes my account negative! So I escalated the claim. and now here we are waiting for the paypal res. This buyer was totally trying to scam me

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
PJ, it happens. Good and bad on both sides of the fence..

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
Just make him return the bike and youll return his money and sell it to someone else. f*ck that guy

Posted: Jan 9, 2020 at 17:39 Quote
Sosburn, I originally thought of that but he sent photos of the damaged wheel. He even sent photos of it on his truck assuming that he is taking it out for a rip. I don't want him to return a bike to me that he already rode and most likely destroyed. it was sent in great condition and packaged really good, so I don't understand why he would do this. it looks like he intentionally cracked both wheels and the rear one was brand new!!! He also wanted my original receipt so he could warranty anything and this was prior to him buying the bike. after he filed with the shipping company he didn't really have an argument since the box was in perfect condition. I'm going to fight him with this and he doesn't have any evidence.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
Seller came through

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
PJWilliamsMTB69 wrote:
Sosburn, I originally thought of that but he sent photos of the damaged wheel. He even sent photos of it on his truck assuming that he is taking it out for a rip. I don't want him to return a bike to me that he already rode and most likely destroyed. it was sent in great condition and packaged really good, so I don't understand why he would do this. it looks like he intentionally cracked both wheels and the rear one was brand new!!! He also wanted my original receipt so he could warranty anything and this was prior to him buying the bike. after he filed with the shipping company he didn't really have an argument since the box was in perfect condition. I'm going to fight him with this and he doesn't have any evidence.

Been there, done that (funny mine was a 2014 evil) PayPal will 99% of the time side with the buyer on this. Doesn't matter if you even have a video of you putting the bike in the box w/ no damage and the box having no damage when it got to him. Sucks, but that's crappy paypal for you.

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
Can you check DonShin from Arcadia,CA? This guy contacted me stating he will purchase my bike, if I can hold it for 1 week. He stated he is waiting for a check. I said ok. However upon reviewing his account, I discovered that he is 16 y/o. As per PayPal policy one has to be 18 y/o to have an account. When asked whose account would be used for the transaction I hear nothing. I am guessing he would have used a different shipping address vs transaction address, however I wonder if this potentially could be charged back if he “stole” the info from a relative or even a household member. If indeed this IS an honest transaction , how would one go about selling a bike to a minor? Would I document my conversation in the Pinkbike thread? I guess the safer thing to do would be to have his dad set up the account and do the transaction that way. Interesting scenario this one was, as I have not seen anything on the internet about selling to a minor, but potentially has scamming properties.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 10:42 Quote
Dirtjunky666

Was going to trade my dj for his spank and hope pro 4 wheelset, ended up getting a 24" atomlab wheelset with broken spokes, no hub internals, and simply not what was discussed!

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
Aprizigley wrote:
Can you check DonShin from Arcadia,CA? This guy contacted me stating he will purchase my bike, if I can hold it for 1 week. He stated he is waiting for a check. I said ok. However upon reviewing his account, I discovered that he is 16 y/o. As per PayPal policy one has to be 18 y/o to have an account. When asked whose account would be used for the transaction I hear nothing. I am guessing he would have used a different shipping address vs transaction address, however I wonder if this potentially could be charged back if he “stole” the info from a relative or even a household member. If indeed this IS an honest transaction , how would one go about selling a bike to a minor? Would I document my conversation in the Pinkbike thread? I guess the safer thing to do would be to have his dad set up the account and do the transaction that way. Interesting scenario this one was, as I have not seen anything on the internet about selling to a minor, but potentially has scamming properties.

Hmmm, I would ask that his Dad call you to work out payment via paypal. Keep in mind, young folks can be iffy, if he decides he doesn't like something about the bike, he may want a refund.

Personally, I'd pass on this transaction, to much drama imho. At any rate, good luck with your sale. If possible, let us know what happens.

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Saw a super sketchy ad on my local craigslist, checking here to see if any of you guys have seen this bike pop up as stolen.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/d/templeton-brand-new-santa-cruz-nomad/7052346624.html

obviously has fox suspension, but states it has “upgraded rockshox suspension”, claims all these upgraded parts but looks to be a stock 2012/2013 nomad. Also is listed for an insanely high price, even 2k would be a lot for one of these but it just seems like its stolen...

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 22:26 Quote
leerocks wrote:
Dirtjunky666

Was going to trade my dj for his spank and hope pro 4 wheelset, ended up getting a 24" atomlab wheelset with broken spokes, no hub internals, and simply not what was discussed!

That sucks. Fkn scammers. Have a link to his account/profile ? Dont f with freddy !!

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 16:42 Quote
Pretty sure this guy selling a fatbike in north bay Ontario is a scammer. Wont give a phone number. Doesn’t know what he’s selling. Description doesn’t match pics. Won’t meet fave to face. Pics are from the internet. Beware.

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
leerocks wrote:
Dirtjunky666

I looked at the photos of the wheels he has on his profile.. it kinda matches the description you said though? Did he put deceving photos?

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 18:47 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
leerocks wrote:
Dirtjunky666

I looked at the photos of the wheels he has on his profile.. it kinda matches the description you said though? Did he put deceving photos?

Yeah, hes trying to sell the wheels that are in my basement...

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 18:48 Quote
leerocks wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
leerocks wrote:
Dirtjunky666

Yeah, hes trying to sell the wheels that are in my basement...

My god

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014988
Mobile Version of Website