Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
I bought a sram rear mech from jackseigel which is still on pink bike he never sent it and is ignoring my emails watch out for this guy and his brother with a similar email

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 7:21 Quote
WHAT.. does this smell like to you? Bovine poooooooo to me.

DarrenFit says:
Hello, this sounds good with the information you provided earlier about the bike
I will need the following details to make issue the payment as soon as possible:
Full name:
Contact Address: (No P.O. Box)
Apt #:
City, Zip Code:
State:
Home phone number:
Cell phone number:
Available days & time:

I will send a shipper to come for the pick up as soon as you confirm the payment.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 7:28 Quote
Aladin wrote:

DarrenFit says:
Hello, this sounds good with the information you provided earlier about the bike
I will need the following details to make issue the payment as soon as possible:
Full name:
Apt #:
City, Zip Code:
State:
Home phone number:
Cell phone number:
Available days & time:

I will send a shipper to come for the pick up as soon as you confirm the payment.

Sounds legit. Make sure to include social security number aswell

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 10:13 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Aladin wrote:

DarrenFit says:
Full name:
Apt #:
City, Zip Code:
State:
Home phone number:
Cell phone number:
Available days & time:

Sounds legit. Make sure to include social security number aswell
any your credit card # too

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 15:44 Quote
Hey, would you be able to check Kahaora7 for me? I srnt him monry for a fork and he said hes out of town for work and will srnd it when hes back but will refund me my money until thrn. However he hasnt given me any dates as to when that will be, refunded my miney, or replyed to any of my messages.

https://m.pinkbike.com/u/Kaharoa7/

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2209797/

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
sacwolfpack wrote:
Folks, Be on the lookout for user "ryanpreston"
. Sent me a message using pink bike messaging and included a phone number and email.

This is his contact info
"call me or text me 2108027947 or email me

rpreston563@gmail.com)"

Contacted me about my bike and then proceeded to use the "I'll pay by cashiers check and bike will be shipped to the U.K" scam. Be in the lookout and admin please remove this user. I have text evidence as well

I got a similar offer from this clown and blocked and reported "him."

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 22:11 Quote
editing my initial post because the product finally arrived.

Posted: Sep 1, 2017 at 16:42 Quote
Be cautious of johncos2015
Looked at a yt jeffsy cf 1
Looks like a scam
Called for details and serial number. He sounded like he was Indian and hung up the phone. also pay pal account for the seller was a different name- George grant

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 12:26 Quote
Hi
I think i've ben scammed by shaunking1
Paid for a bike through paypal (unfortunately I hit the friend and family button). He said he posted yesterday (6/9/17) on special delivery to arrive today. No bike arrived. Still no response through pinkbike messanger. It may arrive tomorrow but no holding out for that. If it does I will be sure to subtract this post. But until then beware of shaunking1

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
Yoda2376 wrote:
Hi
I think i've ben scammed by shaunking1
Paid for a bike through paypal (unfortunately I hit the friend and family button). He said he posted yesterday (6/9/17) on special delivery to arrive today. No bike arrived. Still no response through pinkbike messanger. It may arrive tomorrow but no holding out for that. If it does I will be sure to subtract this post. But until then beware of shaunking1

Pinkbike won't let me search his account, deleted?

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
How long should I wait before I report a possible scam? Seller has stopped replying to me after I paid and after he said the item was sent. I asked for a tracking number and had no reply after 24 hours since asking. He was consistently replying until I had paid. The item seemed very cheap but was advertised as 'looking for quick sale' so I took the plunge and bought it. I've paid via goods and services but initially he sent me his bank details for payment. Not sure if I'm being paranoid as was only yesterday I paid but alarm bells have started ringing.

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 13:20 Quote
McDougall92 wrote:
How long should I wait before I report a possible scam? Seller has stopped replying to me after I paid and after he said the item was sent. I asked for a tracking number and had no reply after 24 hours since asking. He was consistently replying until I had paid. The item seemed very cheap but was advertised as 'looking for quick sale' so I took the plunge and bought it. I've paid via goods and services but initially he sent me his bank details for payment. Not sure if I'm being paranoid as was only yesterday I paid but alarm bells have started ringing.

Just give him a few days, maybe he's busy. You have a while to put in a dispute on PP if he doesn't end up replying. You payed goods a services so your golden.

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 5:06 Quote
Mcdougal92 I sold you its on route I just been busy I'll update tracking on PayPal today don't panic

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 19:33 Quote
Did someone bought a bike from
Saramfelton16
He claims to be a manager from Lucent Mall
I´m not sure abbout this guy

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014200
Mobile Version of Website