Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 9:17 Quote
juxtapozy wrote:
It sucks to read all this broken SS`s just when I was thinking about getting a strive.
I think you should all post on CANYON`s Facebook page to try and kind of force them do something.
Most companies don´t like people talking the ugly truth about them out in public.
Just sayin..

Have a look at their "posts to page" on FB... it's nothing but irate customers. I myself am waiting 3 months and even my wife's order had been completely lost. Struggling still...

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 9:51 Quote
Finally a solution. I have just received this email from canyon on how to continue riding strives with a broken shapeshifter.

Dear Max,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

It is possible to continue riding your bike until the replacement unit arrives. This will not cause any damage to your bike. To do this you can lock the shapeshifter in downhill mode:

1.) take the pressure out of the gas spring- using a shock pump on the schraeder valve

2.) release the air from the opposing chamber- open both of the bleeding bolts very slowly as the lubricating oil will also come out and it will be pressurised (wear eye protection and gloves).

3.) pump up the gas spring afterwards. This will pull the piston in and gas spring always stays in DH Mode.

The gas spring will stay without function but it’s safe to ride in this way until you receive replacement.

I recommend only performing these steps if you are confident in cycle maintenance.

Sincerely,

Canyon Bicycles Ltd

Anyone got a reply similar to this??

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 10:57 Quote
Received my 2015 Spectral CF 9.0 EX today, what a beauty, worth the waiting, now i just need some nice weather in Denmark, and no salt on the roads! Looking forward to take it out for an spin.
photo

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 13:08 Quote
colaflaskeN wrote:
Received my 2015 Spectral CF 9.0 EX today, what a beauty, worth the waiting, now i just need some nice weather in Denmark, and no salt on the roads! Looking forward to take it out for an spin.
photo

Looks fab!!

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 13:48 Quote
Mad max. If you're doing all that then try bleeding.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
I love mountain biking but I hate mountain bikes, especially the Strive.

I ordered my Strive Sept 2014, received my Strive in March 2015. Needed a new Shapeshifter unit after 2 months. Now, after 10 months, the Shapeshifter has gone again. Not sure how much more of this I can take.

To add to all this, I've done 550kms on it and there's play in the suspension. All the bearings are rough and need replacing and the shock bushings also need replacing.

With the Shapeshifter, it's the same problem as last time. The unit stopped working whilst out on a cold winter ride. When I got it home, I checked the pressure on my shock pump and it had fallen from 15 bar (recommended pressure for me at 80kgs) to about 6 or 7 bar. I pumped it back up to 15 bar and when I removed the shock pump, it spewed out oil.

I'm going to contact Canyon and see if I can get ANOTHER shapeshifter. I think maybe the seal in Shapeshifter fails in cold environments as it has been down to 0 degrees Celsius both times it has happened.

As a side point, be careful where the cable for the Shapeshifter exits the frame near the linkage as mine has worn a groove in the carbon.

I'll post up what I get back from them but my advice, DON'T GET A STRIVE.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 14:00 Quote
This is good knowledge, thanks for posting Max. Mine's just broken so I'll go with this method while I wait for a new unit. Where exactly are the bleed ports on these things?

Ta, James
madmax245 wrote:
Finally a solution. I have just received this email from canyon on how to continue riding strives with a broken shapeshifter.

Dear Max,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

It is possible to continue riding your bike until the replacement unit arrives. This will not cause any damage to your bike. To do this you can lock the shapeshifter in downhill mode:

1.) take the pressure out of the gas spring- using a shock pump on the schraeder valve

2.) release the air from the opposing chamber- open both of the bleeding bolts very slowly as the lubricating oil will also come out and it will be pressurised (wear eye protection and gloves).

3.) pump up the gas spring afterwards. This will pull the piston in and gas spring always stays in DH Mode.

The gas spring will stay without function but it’s safe to ride in this way until you receive replacement.

I recommend only performing these steps if you are confident in cycle maintenance.

Sincerely,

Canyon Bicycles Ltd

Anyone got a reply similar to this??

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 14:41 Quote
jimbojrt wrote:
I love mountain biking but I hate mountain bikes, especially the Strive.

I ordered my Strive Sept 2014, received my Strive in March 2015. Needed a new Shapeshifter unit after 2 months. Now, after 10 months, the Shapeshifter has gone again. Not sure how much more of this I can take.

To add to all this, I've done 550kms on it and there's play in the suspension. All the bearings are rough and need replacing and the shock bushings also need replacing.

With the Shapeshifter, it's the same problem as last time. The unit stopped working whilst out on a cold winter ride. When I got it home, I checked the pressure on my shock pump and it had fallen from 15 bar (recommended pressure for me at 80kgs) to about 6 or 7 bar. I pumped it back up to 15 bar and when I removed the shock pump, it spewed out oil.

I'm going to contact Canyon and see if I can get ANOTHER shapeshifter. I think maybe the seal in Shapeshifter fails in cold environments as it has been down to 0 degrees Celsius both times it has happened.

As a side point, be careful where the cable for the Shapeshifter exits the frame near the linkage as mine has worn a groove in the carbon.

I'll post up what I get back from them but my advice, DON'T GET A STRIVE.

If my ss breaks again this year I will be properly pissed. I am hoping that they have made improvements to the 2016 system. Even if they could send a bracket that bypasses it altogether so we can ride in DH mode and not have the excess weight of the ss. If it keeps breaking I would defiantly choose that over a new ss

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 15:16 Quote
If Canyon just turn around and offer a bracket to fix in DH mode, i for one am going to be seriously pissed off as i didnt buy the bike to have the geo of the DH mode permanantly. You can get by in DH for all round use but far from ideal. Bike mags prob know about all the sh*t with Canyon but arent publishing it coz they are up their ars*s. GMBN still promoting the bikes which makes me sick as they too will have probably had a failed SS unit. Im really hoping the 2016 SS is fixed but at this rate we might be saying the same for the 2017 unit!

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 16:11 Quote
Canyon created a "mistery" around the SS that's might be the biggest problem They should provide a service kit and service instructions and be done with it. Nobody is complaining about brakes when they need to be bled once in a while and the same could be done with the SS. If I need to bleed it once or twice in a season I don't see any problem with it and Canyon doesn't have to replace the whole unit. Give me a kit of O rings, a little bit thicker oil and done. It's a very simple device and RS for example provides service videos on youtube on their much more complicated suspension products.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
Agreed bos! It's a bit of a faff getting the SS off, but not that big of a job.

Canyon just need to be honest and sort it out. The article I read blaming the factory for the delays is not all true as I ordered in Jan and had to wait five months. I'm amps the certain they weren't moving factory then. Maybe in a year they will have their arses in gear and everything will be right with the Canyon world???

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 21:21 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/rocina/album/CANYON-STRIVE-CF-90-TEAM/

CANYON worldwide facebook
https://www.facebook.com/canyon/?brand_redir=DISABLE

STRIVE shapeshifter is big trouble.
Customers themselves are trying .
What the hell are you doing?
I m really upset . STRIVE SHAPESHIFTER is headache. It is not durable 1 months three times malfunctioned. repair malfunction repair malfunction repair malfunction So the majority of our club and world wide... but Canyon is not no answer . Do not ignore the consumers It takes longer to build a reputation. However it is the moment to be broken.

Posted: Jan 11, 2016 at 22:24 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/rocina/album/CANYON-STRIVE-shapeshifter-Of-assorted-failure/

CANYON STRIVE shapeshifter is big trouble. but CANYON have still no solution for the Shapeshifter problems.

Posted: Jan 12, 2016 at 1:30 Quote
oldmanfalling wrote:
oldmanfalling wrote:
oldmanfalling wrote:

10/12/2015
A quick update on the order process. I have now received 2 additional order confirmation emails from Canyon since the last update. Nothing changed on any of them. The order was the same, the preliminary shipping date remained the last week of December.

I suppose it's good that they're keeping me informed, but every time I see an email from them titled 'your order confirmation', I get a little nervous of delays - especially after reading some of the horror stories of other forum members.

16/12/2015
On Sunday (the 14th), I got an email from Canyon saying that they had tried to take payment, but my bank had refused. It was totally my fault and I got the problem with the bank sorted out on the 15th in the morning. I paid the invoice using a link in the email they sent me and got confirmation from the website that everything was completed successfully.

I do worry a bit about such large amounts of money floating around in the ether, so I decided to get in contact with Canyon via the live chat. Wow! it must be super busy in the CS department at the moment as I only just got through after trying regularly throughout the past 2 days.

Anyway, serves me right for not doing the bank thing before - no complaints, just posting my order experiences. Shipping date is still supposed to be end of December, so only a couple of weeks to wait now!

05/01/2016
So the bike (Strive 8 race 2016) was supposed to have been shipped by now, but I'm not too worried that it hasn't because of the Xmas holidays and the fact that the date they supplied was 'provisional'.

Bouyed by reading posts on this forum from people finally receiving their bikes, but not getting tracking numbers, I decided to get in contact with Canyon chat to see if anything's progressing. I was told that my bike should ship this week. After asking if the problem with automatic shipping emails not reaching some people has been fixed; I was told that it does sometimes happen and that if I don't get the automatic email by the end of day Friday or the following Monday I should get in contact again.

So fingers crossed. I hope this isn't the start of being fobbed off as experienced by so many Spectral 2015 customers.

12/01/16
Surprise, surprise - No tracking number from Canyon as yet. Contacted them through the Service chat again and after being ignored the first time, managed to get an answer the second time. Apparently the operator thinks my bike will be dispatched on Friday.

This is a shame. I'm so sure that Canyon make great bikes (when they work), but this lack of transparency is really putting me off. I have a Spectral that was from the first run and was delayed by about a month, but that was due to supplier problems and they informed me of that fact.

Whether it's the new systems letting them down, or the customer service staff being so overwhelmed with queries/complaints that they just don't give a f**k anymore, it's seriously damaging their reputation.

I will wait and see if this new shipping prediction comes true. If not, then I will seriously start looking for alternatives.

Transition Patrol vs. Commencal Meta AM V4 Opinions anyone?

Posted: Jan 12, 2016 at 2:24 Quote
colaflaskeN wrote:
That's real nice, most people go big on sus but that Spectral has more of what 99% of people actually need.

Also lower weight and no SS dramas.

The 2016 stealth black with Yellow XL rims looks so sick.

Enjoy it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013620
Mobile Version of Website