Make Your own Mudguard with this template...

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Make Your own Mudguard with this template...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 5:07 Quote
Basically this is for all those people who dont need a branded guard, dont mind using a bit of any old plastic, whether it be a old milk bottle, packaging from something else you have bought, place mats from asda/ikea are also good... Or are to tight to buy one.

You need to get yourself 1-2mm thickness so your able to bend and when it gets hit by stones it wont shatter...

Simple easy to use, just print out the template cut it with scissors (adult supervision maybe required) then do a test fit to your bike, re-size accordingly on your PC or other device, then mark out the required size onto your plastic...

Punch holes (with hole punch or similar tool) into the plastic in order to cable tie to the nearest piece of frame/forks...

Cable tie this using .... Cable Ties...

Blue peter EAT YOUR HEART OUT....

Mud Guard for MTB Other.... To fit Front or Rear...

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 5:16 Quote
Sickk, i would do this if i owend a printer lol

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 5:37 Quote
Haha, ye thats kinda a key tool in this Big Grin

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 6:50 Quote
Yer it sucks. I was gunna make my own stick few sticker on it or summit. But this a good idea. Im sure ill be able to borrow sumones printer by winter

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 23:52 Quote
Could someone be a legend and post the diameters and sizes for those of us that don’t own printers? Found 1000x of these threads but not one with sizes

Posted: May 26, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
We made one of these in Whistler a few years ago from a plastic milk bottle.Ironically the milk was more expensive than a proper mud guard from the local bike shop

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008866
Mobile Version of Website