Flats or Clipped?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Flats or Clipped?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
What do you use flat pedals or SPD-style?

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
for racing? for racing i prefer flats, so i can stick my foot out in the turns, and its a lot easier if you fall of your bike, you can literaly jump back on.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
i use flats becuase if i'm falling, i don't want to have to remember to twist my foot to bail, i just want to bail. i know people who use clips for DH because they don't want to preload a 40lbs, 9 inch sus-bag to bunnyhop. they just want to jusmp and have the bike go with them.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
flats at the moment but thinking about switching to clipless...already ride clipless for AM (not that it's the same but i am used to clipping in/out...even when falling)

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
flats, but im wondering about giving clips a go, is it realy that difficult to unclip to say stick your leg out if you drift etc?

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
Flats + 5.10's

Pretty much the equivelant to being clipped. The grip is uncanny.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
flats. i dont like falling and having my bike come with me. there are times where me and my bike just need to go our seperate ways, and theres no better times to part than when im tumbling down a hill.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
i do currently run Easton Flatboys+ FiveTens(sam hill specials Wink ) but i just wanted to see what clips were like to ride, eg more pedaling power

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:37 Quote
I prefer flat pedals, alot more freedome to move your feet, also your feet arnt stuck in one positon on the pedals so it is more comfortable

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
im gonna run clips for racing cuz i almost never stik my foot out and i like to no im stuk to my bike so i can worry more about the fastest way forward. i will still run flats for stunt riding

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
I started racing on flats earlier this year but have since changed to spd's (shimano's specifically) and from my experience it's so much better! Pedalling the bike feels alot better, I used to find my feet would bounce on the pedals over bumps (riding a hardtail for 4X) and also when landing jumps I sometimes found that my foot position would change mid-air and would have to adjust before pedalling again. I'd say for people who haven't tried it they should certainly give it a go, you can always just change back to flats if you dont like it...

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
i feel u man i hate that /\

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 8:49 Quote
You guys are wimps. I use clips, they are so much better for pedaling and going over rock gardens and other terrain.

FL
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
I use the search function.

nate

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
Flats. just buy good grippy one's

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011400
Mobile Version of Website