Pike 454 any good?

PB Forum :: SRAM
Pike 454 any good?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:16 Quote
Hey I was wondering if a pike 454 is any good and will it fit good on my 06 p2 cr0m0?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:20 Quote
great fork, but kinda long travel for a P2... look argyle, or marzocchi 4x WC. The Pike will rake it out a bit much

Edit: and before you say, "but the travel is adjustable" its not meant to be ridden all the time with the travel wound down, its to help with steep climbs. DJ'ing when wound down has killed several forks on here.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:21 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
great fork, but kinda long travel for a P2... look argyle, or marzocchi 4x WC. The Pike will rake it out a bit much
i believe u can get the u turn in the 454, so it would bring it down to 95 or 110, wut ever modle u turn he gets

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:25 Quote
They feel great. Tons of adjustments so that you can set it up to exactly however you like it. My friend always rides his at 95mm, for dirt jumping, and his is fine. But I can't speak for what is going to happen to it long term.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:33 Quote
aconci927 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
i believe u can get the u turn in the 454, so it would bring it down to 95 or 110, wut ever modle u turn he gets

yes its a u-turn

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
u turn will be more reliable wound down, but I still stand by my previous statement.

Why do you want to put it on there?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:35 Quote
a mint fork.i'm gonna hit soem mini forks so i'll put it up to like 130 whats wrong with em?

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:36 Quote
nothings wrong with them, just not what i would recommend for a dj bike

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
i'm gonna do a little bit of everything on them

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:40 Quote
nick65 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:
i'm gonna do a little bit of everything on them

Thats exactly what they're meant for, but your frames head angle will be a little funny , not like putting a boxxer on it, but def a little funny feeling.

The forks arent the problem here. The frame is designed around a 100mm fork, so you put something with a longer axle-crown height, it rakes it out, and slackens the head angle.

Your choice though, not saying itll definitely break or anything like that :-)

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:41 Quote
They are classified under All-Mountain, but they are strong, and can take dirt jumping. But for specifically dirt jumping there are much better.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:42 Quote
wow sounds liek u know what your talking about thanks Smile what fork u think i should get

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:42 Quote
Element- wrote:
They are classified under All-Mountain, but they are strong, and can take dirt jumping. But for specifically dirt jumping there are much better.
Indeed. And theres plenty of DJ forks that will handle do-it-all duties quite well too!

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:47 Quote
I would recommend the Argyle for more dirt jumping based. Better size, stronger, and basically everyone has a great review on them.

But if you are doing lots of other stuff, and would like the travel adjustment, the Pike is awesome as well.

Up to you.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
Element- wrote:
I would recommend the Argyle for more dirt jumping based. Better size, stronger, and basically everyone has a great review on them.

But if you are doing lots of other stuff, and would like the travel adjustment, the Pike is awesome as well.

Up to you.
ah help me pick lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008543
Mobile Version of Website