Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Momar?

There is the Dodge City X in Cumberland or Xterra in Victoria. I did the Xterra around 10 years ago I think. Long enough for me to think it's a good idea again.....

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Everybody racing and shit, meanwhile here's me

photo
There's gonna be an event in mid october at Orahovica. It's pretty close to us, so we might pop over.

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
adm750 wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

lol that's awesome.

I haven't gotten off my ass to do a race either. I just haven't been riding enough to think I could pull it off.

I'd be on the course trying to tear it up and the racers would think I'm a local that just got lost or some shit. Redface

The trick is you register for it ahead of time so then it motivates you to get off your ass and actually get ready for it. At least thats what I do.

I am going to try and do the same thing for an offroad triathlon next year. I am not a fan of running especially when the weather is good for riding.

true that man. I did two Tough Mudders that way. Registered way in advance so you knew you had to prepare. I was already doing circuit training, but I literally only ran like two times in the 6 months prior to each event. The obstacles were pretty much a non-issue, but after the 5th one my legs were so cramped up I was hobbling along to all the ones after. I limped my way to the obstacle, then for clearing the obstacle I was golden lol

f**k running...I hate running.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
adm750 wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
adm750 wrote:

lol that's awesome.

I haven't gotten off my ass to do a race either. I just haven't been riding enough to think I could pull it off.

I'd be on the course trying to tear it up and the racers would think I'm a local that just got lost or some shit. Redface

The trick is you register for it ahead of time so then it motivates you to get off your ass and actually get ready for it. At least thats what I do.

I am going to try and do the same thing for an offroad triathlon next year. I am not a fan of running especially when the weather is good for riding.

true that man. I did two Tough Mudders that way. Registered way in advance so you knew you had to prepare. I was already doing circuit training, but I literally only ran like two times in the 6 months prior to each event. The obstacles were pretty much a non-issue, but after the 5th one my legs were so cramped up I was hobbling along to all the ones after. I limped my way to the obstacle, then for clearing the obstacle I was golden lol

I have a few friends that run, i just don't understand it. The runners high never comes for me, but i definitely get that feeling on the bike, some days i feel like i can just keep going and going

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
adm750 wrote:

I have a few friends that run, i just don't understand it. The runners high never comes for me, but i definitely get that feeling on the bike, some days i feel like i can just keep going and going

totally Beer

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
I never race, just ride for fun, fitness and being a badass are just fringe benefits.

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 17:04 Quote
Running is awful for your knees.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 17:08 Quote
Not nearly as much if you're trail running. And a lot of that damage during road running is caused by poor form being repeated hundreds of thousands of times. When you trail run almost ever step has to be different.

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Not nearly as much if you're trail running. And a lot of that damage during road running is caused by poor form being repeated hundreds of thousands of times. When you trail run almost ever step has to be different.

The main issue I see with running at all is that you're supporting your entire weight with your spindly little knees, not to mention the impact of the ground coming back up through your feet/calves/shins to meet the downward force of everything above your knees. The right shoes can help, and running on softer terrain or a padded track is better.

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
jespinal wrote:
tom666 wrote:

This killed me lol

Jesp would be putting watts through that drivetrain never previously seen
you c*nts lol
But they are correct, aren't they?
spot on I must say

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
seraph wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

The main issue I see with running at all is that you're supporting your entire weight with your spindly little knees, not to mention the impact of the ground coming back up through your feet/calves/shins to meet the downward force of everything above your knees. The right shoes can help, and running on softer terrain or a padded track is better.

The right shoes can make a HUGE difference. The last 40 years of running performance skyrocketing has largely been down to footwear technology.

But something I find really interesting is one of the prevailing theories on human evolution is that our ability to run long distances is what gave us an advantage. Both in the physiology to run on two feet, the loosing of hair + being able to sweat to cool ourselves more effectively. Since many African deer species are super fast but can't manage heat or keep up that pace for long periods of time. So the idea is that humans just jogged just enough to keep them moving fast until the animal literally got too hot or too exhausted. Then rock to the dome or later projectile weapons ... ala persistence hunting.

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 23:34 Quote
SileTzar wrote:

photo

Bruh I feel this. Just got my new bike last Monday and haven’t ridden it yet. The air has been shit here though and don’t like to ride in all the smoke. I’ll keep being patient Jail

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 23:37 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
seraph wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

The right shoes can make a HUGE difference. The last 40 years of running performance skyrocketing has largely been down to footwear technology.

But something I find really interesting is one of the prevailing theories on human evolution is that our ability to run long distances is what gave us an advantage. Both in the physiology to run on two feet, the loosing of hair + being able to sweat to cool ourselves more effectively. Since many African deer species are super fast but can't manage heat or keep up that pace for long periods of time. So the idea is that humans just jogged just enough to keep them moving fast until the animal literally got too hot or too exhausted. Then rock to the dome or later projectile weapons ... ala persistence hunting.

Running on the balls of your feet help too, uses your ankle as a leverage point to put the impact on your calf as opposed to heel strikes that send all the impact to your knees. Anatomical suspension.

Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 0:54 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
seraph wrote:

Running on the balls of your feet help too, uses your ankle as a leverage point to put the impact on your calf as opposed to heel strikes that send all the impact to your knees. Anatomical suspension.

My wife runs in Vibram toe shoes, absolutely swears by them. If she runs 5km in normal footwear her knees hurt for days but not in the Vibrams.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.067153
Mobile Version of Website