Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 26, 2013 at 19:33 Quote
they're made by a sweatshop. right???

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 7:26 Quote
There's so many options for a first car... Anyhow what I was thinking is this dude who lives really close to me, like one road away, has a s13/s14 in his driveway, been sitting for a few years, seen him drive it around the block a few times so I'm pretty sure it'll still run. But I'm not sure if it'll be in reasonable enough condition,plus insurance will suck.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2013 at 9:11 Quote
Gotta make a hydro brake for my car now. I've got about a month before the next event I can drive in and I'm so done with f*cking around with the stock drum brake. E- Brake, e-fan, tear all the timing shit off and check, trace my vacuum leak, and see if I can do something to quicken up throttle response, all in the next month. Gonna get real busy.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 10:57 Quote
mstokman wrote:
Gotta make a hydro brake for my car now. I've got about a month before the next event I can drive in and I'm so done with f*cking around with the stock drum brake. E- Brake, e-fan, tear all the timing shit off and check, trace my vacuum leak, and see if I can do something to quicken up throttle response, all in the next month. Gonna get real busy.
Is your car carb'd or EFI?

O+
Posted: May 27, 2013 at 11:14 Quote
Efi but I'm pretty sure the lag is due to a bad injector seal and that's where the vacuum leak is too. It's just BMW is a pain in the ass to tear everything apart.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 12:47 Quote
@austin, I had Rokkors on my rabbit (same as racelands with higher spring rates). They're alright, but nothing great. They're cheap because they come direct from rokkor/raceland, and they have no adjustments.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 12:48 Quote
PNWFreedom wrote:
@austin, I had Rokkors on my rabbit (same as racelands with higher spring rates). They're alright, but nothing great. They're cheap because they come direct from rokkor/raceland, and they have no adjustments.
Hey, did your Rabbit steer heavy when you lowered it?

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 13:00 Quote
trozei wrote:
PNWFreedom wrote:
No. Felt the same as before. I eventually swapped to non-PS after swapping transmissions, even then it could be difficult but usually was fine.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 13:04 Quote
PNWFreedom wrote:
trozei wrote:
PNWFreedom wrote:
No. Felt the same as before. I eventually swapped to non-PS after swapping transmissions, even then it could be difficult but usually was fine.
The Rabbit I checked out steered real heavy. It didn't seem right.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 13:06 Quote
Did it had power steering? our jeep had a problem, it used to ran out of fluids, don't know why, and the steering would become the hardest shit to do

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 13:25 Quote
My dad was telling me about power steering, told me he was driving the bus one night on an off-ramp, power steering just died randomly, told me it took everything he had to grab the wheel and hold it so the bus didn't crash.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 14:17 Quote
Buddy hurt his Silvia bad after his pump died. Taking a good off ramp, and just right into the curb.

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 14:28 Quote
hwipwill wrote:
My dad was telling me about power steering, told me he was driving the bus one night on an off-ramp, power steering just died randomly, told me it took everything he had to grab the wheel and hold it so the bus didn't crash.

power steering? what is this witchraft?

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 14:34 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
hwipwill wrote:
power steering? what is this witchraft?
In two days time I'll be learning the art of manual steering and manual brakes. Should be fun!

Posted: May 27, 2013 at 14:41 Quote
manual steering in the mr2 was fun, although at a stop it was damn near impossible to turn the wheel

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024748
Mobile Version of Website