Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 11:36 Quote
230x65 will also fit nicely which gets you 167mm of travel.

Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 21:44 Quote
Hi everyone need enlightenment regarding the two bearings removal located on the seat/chain stay. I'm currently replacing this because it was neve replace every since I got the frame in 2018 (Nukeproof Mega)

Can the two bearing 6800-2RS remove by pushing either left or right side using a tool like RRP? I notice a clevis spacer between this two bearings just wondering if this also stops either bearing to be on the opposite sides

The puller tool was not effective and it only slides off without any budge on the

Tried removing it pulling (using a blind puller) from each respective sides but bearing wont budge at all

Any suggestion tips or recommended tools for this are very much appreciated bearings

Thanks!!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 1:00 Quote
ian0016 wrote:
Hi everyone need enlightenment regarding the two bearings removal located on the seat/chain stay. I'm currently replacing this because it was neve replace every since I got the frame in 2018 (Nukeproof Mega)

Can the two bearing 6800-2RS remove by pushing either left or right side using a tool like RRP? I notice a clevis spacer between this two bearings just wondering if this also stops either bearing to be on the opposite sides

The puller tool was not effective and it only slides off without any budge on the

Tried removing it pulling (using a blind puller) from each respective sides but bearing wont budge at all

Any suggestion tips or recommended tools for this are very much appreciated bearings

Thanks!!!!

Hi there, I had a massive struggle getting these replaced. You cannot press them out as they press in to a stop from either end. The puller didn’t work for me either (kept sliding off). Sounds a bit dodgy but I made a little die grind in the bearing to create an edge. Then I submerged the bearings in hot water (not sure if this helped) Managed to get a punch to the bit edge that I had ground and punched them out each way. That is how I did it but it’s a bit of a bodge so up to you if you try it.

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 19:35 Quote
tom-mega wrote:
Hi there, I had a massive struggle getting these replaced. You cannot press them out as they press in to a stop from either end. The puller didn’t work for me either (kept sliding off). Sounds a bit dodgy but I made a little die grind in the bearing to create an edge. Then I submerged the bearings in hot water (not sure if this helped) Managed to get a punch to the bit edge that I had ground and punched them out each way. That is how I did it but it’s a bit of a bodge so up to you if you try it.

Thank you very much for the tip/s

I would try this with a punch tool and remove the bearing with there respective sides, but have you not damage the spacer between this bearing? It moves quite a little only and a narrower punch tool can fit to have the edge on the bearing or at this point the spacer will be sacrifice?

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 22:01 Quote
ian0016 wrote:
tom-mega wrote:

Thank you very much for the tip/s

I would try this with a punch tool and remove the bearing with there respective sides, but have you not damage the spacer between this bearing? It moves quite a little only and a narrower punch tool can fit to have the edge on the bearing or at this point the spacer will be sacrifice?

The spacer on mine didn’t get damaged but if you are worried about damaging it, it may be a good idea to order some (if available) just in case. Good luck, hope all goes well

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 17:43 Quote
Just ordered a giga 297 with the fast shock . Anyone have a mullet giga and love it?

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 17:46 Quote
Also CRC is having great sales on giga and mega frame with push/ext/fast shocks. And from stoked cycles Canada of you are uneasy about ordering from overseas. 3200 shipped to Canada w/taxes for a giga with the fast.

Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 21:03 Quote
tom-mega wrote:
The spacer on mine didn’t get damaged but if you are worried about damaging it, it may be a good idea to order some (if available) just in case. Good luck, hope all goes well

Manage to removed the inner bearing of each side with a punch tool

Thank you again for the tip!

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 22:29 Quote
ian0016 wrote:
tom-mega wrote:

Manage to removed the inner bearing of each side with a punch tool

Thank again for the tip!

Good to hear you got them out.

Posted: Feb 23, 2023 at 17:20 Quote
Anyone had a bottom bracket insert / carbon failure on their Reactor?
I bought my Factory in XL in late october this year and i think shes gone - notice while cleaning yesterday.
Have emaile dphotos to AU distributr to chase up for me.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 3:28 Quote
michaelbevege wrote:

Off the brakes?

Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 6:14 Quote
michaelbevege wrote:
I bought my Factory in XL in late october this year and i think shes gone - notice while cleaning yesterday.

My Reactor hasn't had the issue you describe. Paint chipping, but that's it.

Suggestion: Post photos here so we can see better.

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 14:45 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
michaelbevege wrote:

Here is a few photos - maybe it is just paint? Hrad to confirm without actually removing paint though!
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 15:11 Quote
Its surprisingly more common than you think.

Thats the BB shell coming debonded from the Carbon frame, Brands warranty this stuff easy.

Paint on MTB's dont "crack" unless there is movement.

Its just an issue that surrounds carbon Frames with Threaded inserts, They are relying on the Factory to ensure the epoxy is correctly made.

Canyon recently went through a mass QC issue with it on their spectrals. i believe it happens every so often to Transition frames aswell.

Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 10:19 Quote
michaelbevege wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
michaelbevege wrote:

Here is a few photos - maybe it is just paint? Hrad to confirm without actually removing paint though!
photo
[

I think I'm seeing that circular crack in the paint around the BB shell and if that's what you're seeing too then I'd seek a warranty repair/replacement. Bad luck.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016273
Mobile Version of Website