Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
Also I think the stack height on a 180 boxxer with their crowns being a bit flatter would actually make the ride height similar to somewhere between a 170-180mm single crown. Wouldn’t be too different.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
MikeG156 wrote:
I've got a 2017 medium Mega 275 with a 150mm Reverb. Not sure if it will be any different on the newer frames. It will go all the way in. You can tell it's the absolute limit though as it rubs on the bend right at the end of the post. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. Even though it will go in all the way, I have it about a 1/2" out to get the right height for me.

Thanks for the info, Mike.

I wanted to be sure for the 2020 model, so I called a dealer. They confirmed the post can be fully inserted on the current medium model also.

Just ordered the 275 Alu Expert.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 22:02 Quote
The super deluxe coil that comes stock on the yeti sb150 ended up being pretty good on the 275 mega. Should be available as cheap take off parts for a while. Feel like Im in the meat of both the rebound and comp adjuster, with room to move around, with a 400 spring. Feels like a freeride bike now.

Edit: About a million 1000' rides on this shock now, and yea it's crap too. It's probably better than the air shock but it still sucks. Im sending my air shock to vorsprung, afraid that Im making a mistake there too, but I just can't bring myself to ride the stock air shock again and Im praying vorsprung can improve it enough that I can have a decent daily driver mtb.

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
Hey people... Has any of you painted their Mega some custom colour?
I am thinking of painting mine!
Could you post some pictures of your custom painted bikes?

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Also I think the stack height on a 180 boxxer with their crowns being a bit flatter would actually make the ride height similar to somewhere between a 170-180mm single crown. Wouldn’t be too different.

Hrm. You know what. I have a old 26" Avy Cartridge coil Boxxer that's hanging on the remnants of my old Specialize Demo just collecting dust in my garage.

Given that I have a Yari on my Mega, I see a weekend project starting soon. I'll report back....

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 14:55 Quote
DodoTEBRa wrote:
Just painted my 2013 Mega black, waiting on a couple of parts to arrive and I’ll take some photos,
what colour are you thinking?

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 15:15 Quote
DodoTEBRa wrote:

Keen to see what comes of this, I’ve decided my 2016 275 needs a refresh but don’t know what I’m doing just yet

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 1:12 Quote
Inclag wrote:
Given that I have a Yari on my Mega, I see a weekend project starting soon. I'll report back....

Nothing wrong with the Yari - same chassis as the Lyrik just a slightly heavier crown.
I've fitted a 170 debonair shaft and upgraded to a Charger 2.1 damper - it's now bloody brilliant.

If you shop around you can get the debonair air shaft for about £25 and the damper for £200 - best upgrade I've done by far, and still cheaper than buying Lyriks.

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
DirkPitt74 wrote:
Inclag wrote:

Nothing wrong with the Yari - same chassis as the Lyrik just a slightly heavier crown.
I've fitted a 170 debonair shaft and upgraded to a Charger 2.1 damper - it's now bloody brilliant.

If you shop around you can get the debonair air shaft for about £25 and the damper for £200 - best upgrade I've done by far, and still cheaper than buying Lyriks.

I've got the newer debonair shaft. Otherwise I can appreciate the Mission Control damper as at least it offers reasonable stability. Otherwise, the chassis is reasonably stiff, but it doesn't really stack up anywhere near DC levels.

Looks like I'll need to fab some custom crowns....

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
Re-stickered the old tank after putting a small ding in the downtube.

Re-stickered after putting a small ding int he downtube.

Re-stickered after putting a small ding int he downtube.

Looks weird after riding it stickerless all these years Big Grin

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 2:07 Quote
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
DodoTEBRa wrote:
Just painted my 2013 Mega black, waiting on a couple of parts to arrive and I’ll take some photos,
what colour are you thinking?

I am thinking of painting gloss black, because it would go very nice with custom toptube/seatstay stickers i've designed...
Also thinking of doing a fork respray, but we'll see

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
Hi, does anybody know how long a wait the warranty process in the uk is? From submitting a claim to reviving a replacement frame? Cheers ????

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
Kboyen wrote:
Hi, does anybody know how long a wait the warranty process in the uk is? From submitting a claim to reviving a replacement frame? Cheers ????

I warrantied a frame on the 23rd of December last year (first email to CRC) and then had a replacement frameset in my hands by the 10th of January. I'm in Germany too so about a week of that was waiting for delivery and then there was Christmas and New Years closures/bank holidays too so I'd say that was really fast considering the time of year.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 0:29 Quote
Kboyen wrote:

mine was a week in the UK. from taking it to shop of purchase to new frame.

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 2:25 Quote
Don’t forget you might need to add some extra time considering the current situation with COVID-19. They might be working at a reduced capacity and delivery services are also likely to be affected.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015242
Mobile Version of Website